Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 190  

post #2836 of 3609

Just got a confirmation email that I'll be in the second shipment. biggrin.gif What is the date for that shipment?

post #2837 of 3609

It says the 3rd on the website but people seem to get emails saying it's the 6th....

post #2838 of 3609
I have a feeling that even if I write a reply you people won't read it anyway. but here's a hint - look at the iBasso size, they have lots of interesting info there, including shipping dates. I'm not trying to be an
ass here but attention deficit should have its limits...
post #2839 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

...look at the iBasso size (site)...
post #2840 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post
 

 

lol i see you already listed DX50 as your portable although it hasn't arrived yet... someone is very anxious tongue_smile.gif

post #2841 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

lol i see you already listed DX50 as your portable although it hasn't arrived yet... someone is very anxious tongue_smile.gif

 

More excited over it than any other head-fi gear so far. Not even the DX100 excited me that much back then.

post #2842 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I have a feeling that even if I write a reply you people won't read it anyway. but here's a hint - look at the iBasso size, they have lots of interesting info there, including shipping dates. I'm not trying to be an
ass here but attention deficit should have its limits...

 

My apologies. Dates change. People here get emails with newer information than is sometimes indicated on a website. 

 

 

I don't mean add useless meaningless information to the thread. 

post #2843 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

 

More excited over it than any other head-fi gear so far. Not even the DX100 excited me that much back then.

 

lol i am tempted to pull the trigger too... looks alot nicer than the X3.. i'm barely hanging on waiting for some reviews 

post #2844 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

It says the 3rd on the website but people seem to get emails saying it's the 6th....

It actually says the 6th on the website smily_headphones1.gif
post #2845 of 3609
The people on this site truly amaze me. It's funny how multiple people have compared the X3 and AK100, and found the X3 at least on par...before you even consider the AK100's outrageous OI. Yet many here are so quick to say "that's impossible! The AK100 costs several of money more than the X3."

Then enter the iBasso DX50, an entity no one outside of iBasso hq has heard. It is based on the same chipset as the X3, with a less powerful amp section. Yet it is fully expected to be on par with the AK100. And don't give me tht implementation nonsense. An i7 is an i7 no matter what system it's placed in. Plus Fiio has managed to extract the same amount of technical performance from the 8740 as both AKs as evidenced by the SNR, THD, etc linked to in an earlier post here.

Back to lurking.
post #2846 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

The people on this site truly amaze me. It's funny how multiple people have compared the X3 and AK100, and found the X3 at least on par...before you even consider the AK100's outrageous OI. Yet many here are so quick to say "that's impossible! The AK100 costs several of money more than the X3."

Then enter the iBasso DX50, an entity no one outside of iBasso hq has heard. It is based on the same chipset as the X3, with a less powerful amp section. Yet it is fully expected to be on par with the AK100. And don't give me tht implementation nonsense. An i7 is an i7 no matter what system it's placed in. Plus Fiio has managed to extract the same amount of technical performance from the 8740 as both AKs as evidenced by the SNR, THD, etc linked to in an earlier post here.

Back to lurking.

less powerful? I thought it was a bit more powerful compared to the x3...
I agree on the implementation - implementation is quite important, but not merely as important as the components that are to be implemented... but there is one thing - the wolfson chip here is regarded as a flagship DAC so yeah :D
 

post #2847 of 3609

It's the 26th... dying here to see a review soon.

post #2848 of 3609

How can you judge the amp when no ones heard it? Ibasso don't even give the full details of it on their website.

post #2849 of 3609

i really hope the real product doesn't look like this.. http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11537567003.html

 

the buttons and that area part looks very plastic'y' blink.gif

post #2850 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post

How can you judge the amp when no ones heard it? Ibasso don't even give the full details of it on their website.

 

 

File:You Don't Say.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

less powerful? I thought it was a bit more powerful compared to the x3...

 

 

The X3 put out over half of a watt at 16 ohms. That's half a watt of clean power in a portable device smaller than an iphone 4. Let's see the DX50 match that. 

 

I frankly don't care about either device. My ipod classic and iphone 4 are fantastic for my purposes. I can add the Tralucent T1 I have on loan from time to time if I need more power.


Edited by eke2k6 - 8/26/13 at 9:46am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .