Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 187  

post #2791 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

It wouldn't be affordable then, would it? smily_headphones1.gif


Is it ever my friend cool.gif

post #2792 of 3609
Affordable? Check this out. I had my father purchase a few to use with his new MBP and they're absolutely fantastic.

Edit: the link! http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA676ZM/A/lacie-256gb-rugged-usb-30-thunderbolt-series-ssd-hard-drive
post #2793 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I've not been able to get my clip zip to work with the 64 gd card from Sandisk. Also don't really care to rockbox on a non stable build of that software. 

 

Thanks though...

The Clip Zip has been listed as stable for Rockbox for quite a while now. I've been using it on my Zip since November of 2011. 

post #2794 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

It wouldn't be affordable then, would it? smily_headphones1.gif


Well it would as you would know had you seen, DF's kingdom ;)

post #2795 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Let me see if I have this straight. to mate a small mobile HDD to my DX 50 I would need a Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Cable, specifically the cable pictured below. Correct?

 

41e2sdp0qOL._SL500_.jpg

Since we're talking small portable HDD's anyone got any recommendations on anything around the size of 256 to 500 GB's in size? I would want something built in such a way so it's shock proof and as tiny as possible. THIS looks rather promising but I'm worried it might be a little to big and defeat the purpose of being mobile. My kingdom for an affordable 256GB USB stick.

That is the right cable, yes. As for storage, the sweet spot seems to be 128gb USB keys at the moment. If you need more, I'd look at 320gb single-platter 2.5" drives. Maybe your best bet would be to find one optimized for low power usage in laptops, then find a USB enclosure to fit it in.

post #2796 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatmanSize48 View Post

Affordable? Check this out. I had my father purchase a few to use with his new MBP and they're absolutely fantastic.

Edit: the link! http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA676ZM/A/lacie-256gb-rugged-usb-30-thunderbolt-series-ssd-hard-drive

"Time Machine compatible." For some strange reason, I am very skeptical about this.. LOL.;
post #2797 of 3609

Well if you add a 320 HD, you find yourself with a DAP larger than the DX100, that does not sound as good and might have less battery, just to have greater capacity at a cheap price...not too convincing an offer is it :)

 

I would rather keep the portability factor and swith sd cards given that 64 micro sds are not so expensive...

post #2798 of 3609

Usually Ibasso send information about the shipment?

post #2799 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Well if you add a 320 HD, you find yourself with a DAP larger than the DX100, that does not sound as good and might have less battery, just to have greater capacity at a cheap price...not too convincing an offer is it :)

 

I would rather keep the portability factor and swith sd cards given that 64 micro sds are not so expensive...

Doesn't sound as good based on what logic? And might have less battery? It's most definitely going to have less battery if it's spinning a platter around at 5,400RPM through the USB port.

post #2800 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Face View Post

Doesn't sound as good based on what logic? And might have less battery? It's most definitely going to have less battery if it's spinning a platter around at 5,400RPM through the USB port.

Well there is no way that ibasso is going to put out a 239$ DAP that sounds as good as their TOTL 830$ DAP. So a DX50 will not sound as good as DX100. iBasso will tell you so if you ask them. Based on the logic of Descartes.

 

For the battery I have no clue. But adding an HDD will definitely shorten battery life significantly.

post #2801 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Well there is no way that ibasso is going to put out a 239$ DAP that sounds as good as their TOTL 830$ DAP. So a DX50 will not sound as good as DX100. iBasso will tell you so if you ask them. Based on the logic of Descartes.

 

For the battery I have no clue. But adding an HDD will definitely shorten battery life significantly.

I thought ibasso declared the DX50 will be a non compromise DAP which will not be inferior sonically to the DX100.

post #2802 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

I thought ibasso declared the DX50 will be a non compromise DAP which will not be inferior sonically to the DX100.

Really? Do you have a link where they announced that? Would be awesome if that's true..
post #2803 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

I thought ibasso declared the DX50 will be a non compromise DAP which will not be inferior sonically to the DX100.

 

 

well, that'd be too good to be true...

post #2804 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchihaitachi View Post

I thought ibasso declared the DX50 will be a non compromise DAP which will not be inferior sonically to the DX100.

 

 

I don't remember iBasso make any such declaration, can you post a link please?

post #2805 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

 

 

well, that'd be too good to be true...

Well the DX100 is audibly transparent and all non wanted artifacts well below audible levels. I don't think the DX50 would fail to achieve that. I remember reading that it will be a non compromise DAP somewhere, I will dig around and find out where I read that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .