Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 15  

post #211 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I remember when 800mhz was an ultra fast computer. I also remember when 500mb was a huge internal hard drive. :^)

 

My friend had a 'portable' computer, years ago, and it had a 256kb hard drive - yes, you read that correctly: 256 Kb !! LOL

post #212 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

My friend had a 'portable' computer, years ago, and it had a 256kb hard drive - yes, you read that correctly: 256 Kb !! LOL

Oh dear, what'd he store on it?

One save file could probably overheat the damn thing and cause it to crash aha
post #213 of 3609
Thread Starter 

The DX50 won't use Android. The information posted a couple of pages back, most likely isn't reliable. 


Edited by jamato8 - 5/6/13 at 9:49am
post #214 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The DX50 won't use Android. The information just posted most likely isn't reliable. 
Going only by gut feeling, I think you're right. And it makes me happy.
post #215 of 3609

3 wishes please

 

1. Long battery life (at least 20 hours on a single charge)

2. Should drive basic audiophile iems (W4R, EX1000 etc)

3. No rquirement for amping and dacing to other souces

 

It should work as is!

post #216 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

The DX50 won't use Android. The information posted a couple of pages back, most likely isn't reliable. 

Made me happy too but still we don't any official information I guess.

post #217 of 3609

For those only now arriving on this thread... STOP!  I just waded through 15 pages of comments and the only actual information was: Details of the product will be unveiled in the middle of May.

 

[One gigantic eye roll.]

post #218 of 3609

post #219 of 3609
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviltooth View Post

For those only now arriving on this thread... STOP!  I just waded through 15 pages of comments and the only actual information was: Details of the product will be unveiled in the middle of May.

 

[One gigantic eye roll.]


Well the title says it. The DX50 is coming from iBasso. Also on the first page it says that the OS will not be Android. There is also a basic size and there is an image of the DX50. When there is more info I will post it on the first page and will post in the title when an actual DX50 is heard and impressions with page number. It is morphing as time goes by. :^)


Edited by jamato8 - 5/6/13 at 11:31am
post #220 of 3609

The DX I want is just a player with digital and line out, no headphone amp , just a

 pure portable source.

 

I don't care about onboard memory, battery life, gapless or sleeve art.

I want something that sounds just like a Linn CD12 in my pocket.

 

I am not holding my breath.

post #221 of 3609

I just want it to sound good. I don't care about dig out. If they get the dac right, even a better one won't sound as good outboard due to added jitter, reclocking etc.

post #222 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I just want it to sound good. I don't care about dig out. If they get the dac right, even a better one won't sound as good outboard due to added jitter, reclocking etc.

^ Exactly. For the same reason, I don't care about digital output either. A well-implemented line out is good enough for me.

Also a carefully designed circuit is as important as having an "audiophile" DAC chip (e.g., having an ESS Sabre chip does not automatically guarantee good sound quality).
Edited by zzffnn - 5/6/13 at 5:35pm
post #223 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzffnn View Post


^ Exactly. For the same reason, I don't care about digital output either. A well-implemented line out is good enough for me.

Also a carefully designed circuit is as important as having an "audiophile" DAC chip (e.g., having an ESS Sabre chip does not automatically guarantee good sound quality).


For those who only rely on specs its does ;).

post #224 of 3609

I think we should just sit back and mellow a bit. We'll know what this new DAP is about once iBasso finally drops the bomb. Personally, I really don't care what OS it uses as long as it's implemented properly. When the DX100 was first released I couldn't justify the price and decided not to bite. As first impressions began to flow in I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't bite. Buggy OS's generally irritate me to no end and at the DX100 price point I find a buggy UI rather inexcusable. Of coarse what do I know, I still get nostalgic for my late 80's Sony Cassette Walkman.

post #225 of 3609
If this is under $200, I;ll be thinking of it instead of X3.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .