Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 111  

post #1651 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lunar View Post


Oh, he knows. X3 sounds so-so at best thanks to stock op-amp. Not blown away as well, and I have X3, dyiMod and couple more. And I agree, X3 sounds nice, but it's nothing groundbreaking. Still, bang for buck.

And why would you assume for a few bucks more the DX50 will be ground breaking?

post #1652 of 3609
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff Jones View Post

 

Why do you say this? 

Because I have the X3 and enjoy it but the sound isn't special. I know iBasso and what they are going for and am sure with all their experience, they will make a much more transparent and dynamic amp section as well as a good implementation of the 8740 as they have a few years of experience with it as well. IMO

post #1653 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Because I have the X3 and enjoy it but the sound isn't special. I know iBasso and what they are going for and am sure with all their experience, they will make a much more transparent and dynamic amp section as well as a good implementation of the 8740 as they have a few years of experience with it as well. IMO

 

I agree.  Cyrus knows his stuff.

post #1654 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Because I have the X3 and enjoy it but the sound isn't special. I know iBasso and what they are going for and am sure with all their experience, they will make a much more transparent and dynamic amp section as well as a good implementation of the 8740 as they have a few years of experience with it as well. IMO

I agree as well. Their DX100 is truly spectacular and the Japanese version even more so. 

post #1655 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lunar View Post


Oh, he knows. X3 sounds so-so at best thanks to stock op-amp. Not blown away as well, and I have X3, dyiMod and couple more. And I agree, X3 sounds nice, but it's nothing groundbreaking. Still, bang for buck.

Can you post your impressions of the X3 vs the diyiMod? (Maybe it would be better in the X3 thread).

post #1656 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff Jones View Post

And why would you assume for a few bucks more the DX50 will be ground breaking?

 

I'm far from stating that DX50 will be groundbreaking, don't get me wrong. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but I just know that FiiO X3 isn't to my ears, as I currently have one. Actually, I hope that DX50 will be very good for the price, we all do, and as Jamato8 said X3 weakest link is amp section. Therefore I believe that iBasso guys will do much better in this particular aspect. 

post #1657 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

I wonder if the battery is also 2100MAH like the Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery. You can get a 3450MAH battery for $12 which theoretically means that you should get at least like 16 hours if the battery is actually 3450MAH. Here's the link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Capacity-3450mAh-EB-L1G6LLU-cell-phone-battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-I9308-i939-Blue/907328098.html

 

 

Sadly, the world is awash with aftermarket batteries claiming to be of much larger capacity for same physical size, but when you actually use them, it quickly becomes apparent that most of them are no better than the original and, in many cases, worse capacity than the original. There are some (extremely rare) exceptions to this, but the vast majority of the time, the increased capacity is either B$ or the cells don't last at their capacity for more than a few months.

 

 

Anyway, I'm fine with 10hrs if I can simply swap-in another Samsung battery within a matter of seconds.

post #1658 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


Sadly, the world is awash with aftermarket batteries claiming to be of much larger capacity for same physical size, but when you actually use them, it quickly becomes apparent that most of them are no better than the original and, in many cases, worse capacity than the original. There are some (extremely rare) exceptions to this, but the vast majority of the time, the increased capacity is either B$ or the cells don't last at their capacity for more than a few months.


Anyway, I'm fine with 10hrs if I can simply swap-in another Samsung battery within a matter of seconds.
I actually bought a 2850 MAH battery for my SGS3 and it does last significantly longer. Maybe it isn't completely BS after all.
post #1659 of 3609

Yeah. With replaceable batteries, the battery capacity is less critical.

post #1660 of 3609
Lets hope this little device will sound better than RWAK100 with replaceable battery
post #1661 of 3609

Subed!! 

 

Pre-order US? 

post #1662 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

Yeah. With replaceable batteries, the battery capacity is less critical.

 

But how easily replaced will the battery be?

 

Is the back cover going to come off without tools?

post #1663 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

But how easily replaced will the battery be?

 

Is the back cover going to come off without tools?

 

That's a very good question.

 

I hope we don't need to carry a crowbar just to change the battery.

Don't need the extra weight to carry about.

post #1664 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Subed!! 

 

Pre-order US? 

I don't think so, it's pre-order no one.

When iBasso makes it available, it's first come first served until it shows out of stock.


Edited by musicheaven - 8/4/13 at 9:18am
post #1665 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

 

That's a very good question.

 

I hope we don't need to carry a crowbar just to change the battery.

Don't need the extra weight to carry about.

 

Gives it a new meaning to portable. :)


Edited by musicheaven - 8/4/13 at 9:15am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .