Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 81  

post #1201 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

WIshful thinking. redface.gif

 

well, from my point of view, that is what I understand as "anyone can afford". because above that I won't be able to afford, so it won't be anyone anymore :D

post #1202 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

 

well, from my point of view, that is what I understand as "anyone can afford". because above that I won't be able to afford, so it won't be anyone anymore :D

Seconded.

Right around the $300 mark is about as high as I'm willing to go for a portable player.

post #1203 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

"no compromise in sound" just like the 8$ crappy no-name hi-fi audiophile iems?

Well "No compromise" as in relation to their earlier product DX100, meaning they are not necessarily bounded by model numbers to provide a level of performance indicated by an arbitrary model number - in this case dx50 wpuld not necessary be half the performance of dx100. Further the unsaid aspect is the price would not be half either.

Yea but we can go on to wish for a "no compromise" DAP in absolute terms that is priced at $300.... and go all torches and pitchfork and cry "overpriced(tm)" when it didn't happen!! Afterall that's what we do on HF, right? RIGHT!?
post #1204 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

basically, if iBasso releases DX50 earlier than fiio releases X5 and the price is right, I (and I'm sure many more) won't wait for X5...

Agreed.
post #1205 of 3609

I'd expect the 50 to lose functions such as 1/4 jack, ability to drive full sized cans satisfyingly, touch interface, magnesium/aluminum alloy, packaging, coax/optical...

post #1206 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post




Well "No compromise" as in relation to their earlier product DX100, meaning they are not necessarily bounded by model numbers to provide a level of performance indicated by an arbitrary model number - in this case dx50 wpuld not necessary be half the performance of dx100. Further the unsaid aspect is the price would not be half either.

Yea but we can go on to wish for a "no compromise" DAP in absolute terms that is priced at $300.... and go all torches and pitchfork and cry "overpriced(tm)" when it didn't happen!! Afterall that's what we do on HF, right? RIGHT!?

or we could rightfully expect what the manufacturer has claimed and be slightly disappointed if those claims aren't true.

post #1207 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

well, from my point of view, that is what I understand as "anyone can afford". because above that I won't be able to afford, so it won't be anyone anymore biggrin.gif

I too would like to spend $300 or less, but realise that the DX50 is unlikely to be that cheap.
If enough respected reviewers say it outperforms it's price bracket by a significant margin I'll reluctantly spend up to around $400, but I'd really rather spend $300.

I suspect the X3 will be the one I end up going for (again, depending on reviews)
post #1208 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q Mass View Post


I too would like to spend $300 or less, but realise that the DX50 is unlikely to be that cheap.
If enough respected reviewers say it outperforms it's price bracket by a significant margin I'll reluctantly spend up to around $400, but I'd really rather spend $300.

I suspect the X3 will be the one I end up going for (again, depending on reviews)

If iBasso will sell DX50 let's say for $449 (half of DX100), will you expect it sounds on par with DX100 or even better? In my view, I don't think so. Because iBasso will not kill this golden goose (DX100/HDP-R10) who lays golden eggs for the company.

 

In another words, I don't anticipate there will be a great surprise for the SQ in DX50.

I'm not sure for those already owned the Ivy League DAPs (HM-901, AK-120 & DX100/HDP-R10) will ever buy this DX50.

 

This is just my hypothetical opinion and take it with a grain of salt. biggrin.gif

post #1209 of 3609
Probably will skip this if more than 450usd... And wait for X5
post #1210 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

If iBasso will sell DX50 let's say for $449 (half of DX100), will you expect it sounds on par with DX100 or even better? In my view, I don't think so. Because iBasso will not kill this golden goose (DX100/HDP-R10) who lays golden eggs for the company.

 

In another words, I don't anticipate there will be a great surprise for the SQ in DX50.

I'm not sure for those already owned the Ivy League DAPs (HM-901, AK-120 & DX100/HDP-R10) will ever buy this DX50.

 

This is just my hypothetical opinion and take it with a grain of salt. biggrin.gif

I doubt if dx100 has actually become the golden goose. SQ aside, its bulky size and bad choice of android are buyer-repellers. 

 

I always do not mind some compromise on the sq for the easy of use and portability which is the biggest advantage ak series have.

 

If this DX50 looks what it is in these sketches and has no big bugs, I would definitely get one. 

post #1211 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post


You know, one would have to go full retard to pay the current asking price for the TP...

post #1212 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


You know, one would have to go full retard to pay the current asking price for the TP...

+1.

post #1213 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


You know, one would have to go full retard to pay the current asking price for the TP...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

+1.

+2

post #1214 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


You know, one would have to go full retard to pay the current asking price for the TP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

+1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

+2
+3
post #1215 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post


You know, one would have to go full retard to pay the current asking price for the TP...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .