Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 78  

post #1156 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

The reason he charges double because Tera player is 100% "handmade" by him. This is like a Ferrari's DAP.
I'm no surprised if he charge $2K for this player.biggrin.gif

LOL..wouldn't that mean custom interconnects should cost $1000 because they're all hand made?
post #1157 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


The reason he charges double because Tera player is 100% "handmade" by him. This is like a Ferrari's DAP.
I'm no surprised if he charge $2K for this player.biggrin.gif

 

It's simply because he can do less work and still make more money by maintaining the mystique of limited production and exclusivity. Being VG helps as well but he's now taken this to a new extreme. It's not like he's redesigning these on every build or using esoteric parts. He's assembling and testing and can do multiples in a day if he wants to.

post #1158 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


The reason he charges double because Tera player is 100% "handmade" by him. This is like a Ferrari's DAP.
 

 

They were always handmade by him. rolleyes.gif No reason for the price to double like it did.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

I'm no surprised if he charge $2K for this player.biggrin.gif

 

Let's see what 1,680 Euros is in dollars.....

 

post #1159 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

 

They were always handmade by him. rolleyes.gif No reason for the price to double like it did.

 

 

 

I know why the price doubled. He's been saving-up for this:

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-23275089

post #1160 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


The reason he charges double because Tera player is 100% "handmade" by him. This is like a Ferrari's DAP.
I'm no surprised if he charge $2K for this player.biggrin.gif

post #1161 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

They were always handmade by him. rolleyes.gif
 No reason for the price to double like it did.


Let's see what 1,680 Euros is in dollars.....



As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply. This is the theory of economy.biggrin.gif
post #1162 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply. This is the theory of economy.biggrin.gif

 

 

As long as there is greed, there will be a fool eager to divest himself of his money!

post #1163 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


As long as there is greed, there will be a fool eager to divest himself of his money!
Ha ha those who owned Tera must not happy with your statement.mad.gif
post #1164 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post


Ha ha those who owned Tera must not happy with your statement.mad.gif

 

I don't think any of the owners here bought it at the new outrageously increased price though.

post #1165 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I don't think any of the owners here bought it at the new outrageously increased price though.
I doubt any will or at least I doubt any will admit to it. But if they do it is there problem and I will care very little smily_headphones1.gif it makes as much sense to buy a Tera as a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag.
post #1166 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

it makes as much sense to buy a Tera as a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag.

 

 

You're not making a very convincing argument, there, Mimouille, given that there's absolutely no sense in buying a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag!

 

Anyway, we're digressing. This thread is for the DX50   (apparently)  tongue.gif

post #1167 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


You're not making a very convincing argument, there, Mimouille, given that there's absolutely no sense in buying a 2k pair of shoes or 5k bag!

Anyway, we're digressing. This thread is for the DX50   (apparently)  tongue.gif
Exactly my point, I am not saying it makes sense, just that many purchases make no sense to some people, but that no one has any right to tell other people how to spend their money. So lets please stay on audio and not call people fools based on how they spend their money.
post #1168 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Exactly my point, I am not saying it makes sense, just that many purchases make no sense to some people, but that no one has any right to tell other people how to spend their money. So lets please stay on audio and not call people fools based on how they spend their money.

 

 

(I'm treating this as a discussion, not an argument, just so you know what my 'tone of voice' is, with all this, ok?)

 

 

My mention of 'fool' was in relation to someone charging literally DOUBLE their previous price, and certain people being willing to purchase at such a disingenuous, illegitimate price.

 

 

It's not even about the price, per se, it's about whether there is legitimate justification for the price. In the case of the Terra price being doubled, I see no change in specifications or materials or performance - therefore, I would consider anyone willing to pay double to be foolish.

 

 

Thankfully, Fiio and iBasso don't conduct their business in such a disingenuous manner.

 

 

As for those who bought the Terra at the original price, my remark does not apply.
 
 

                                                                                                                                                                beerchug.gif


Edited by Mython - 7/13/13 at 10:53am
post #1169 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


(I'm treating this as a discussion, not an argument, just so you know what my 'tone of voice' is with all this, ok?)


My mention of 'fool' was in relation to someone charging literally DOUBLE their previous price, and certain people being willing to purchase at such a disingenuous, illegitimate price.


It's not even about the price, per se, it's about whether there is legitimate justification for the price. In the case of the Terra price being doubled, I see no change in specifications or materials or performance - therefore, I would consider anyone willing to pay double to be foolish.


Thankfully, Fiio and iBasso don't conduct their business in such a disingenuous manner.


As for those who bought the Terra at the original price, my remark does not apply.
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                beerchug.gif
And what I am saying is that if someone wants to buy it at that price, I will not care nor judge.
post #1170 of 3609

Fair enough.

 

JFTR, I'm judging the seller much more than the buyer, in the case of the doubled-price of the Tera player, even though I do think someone'd be nuts to hand over double the price.

 

 

But I take your point - strictly speaking, it's none of my business to judge anyone (perhaps not even myself, either, but that's a philosophical rabbit hole).

 

Ultimately, nothing is 'Right' or 'Wrong' in this universe, but hey, we're all human; we all have our personal quirks and annoyances about this-&-that!  That's what it is to live in a world perceived dualistically by the limitations of conditioned human cognition... beerchug.gif

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 7/13/13 at 11:02am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .