Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . . - Page 71  

post #1051 of 3609

That's how it goes, and there's nothing wrong with it. Be glad iBasso isn't JH Audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post

Why announce a product and release it after eternity?

 

Loosing interest on it now **sigh**

post #1052 of 3609

Yah, JHA gave customers freqphase before they knew that they were getting an upgrade. Stuff happens and Ibasso isn't reinventing the wheel. Should be here this summer and that's great.

post #1053 of 3609

That's good of them. Probably a given though. They held their JH3A customers waiting for over a year of delays and zero personalized apologies or updates, pre-order was for the full MSRP, not just a deposit. Not entirely their fault but they could've handled it much better than they did. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Yah, JHA gave customers freqphase before they knew that they were getting an upgrade. Stuff happens and Ibasso isn't reinventing the wheel. Should be here this summer and that's great.

post #1054 of 3609
Hopefully the trail will not just go cold for a while (see the desktop ES9018 DAC)...

P.S.: any news on that one?
post #1055 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post

Why announce a product and release it after eternity?

 

Loosing interest on it now **sigh**

 

LOL!  AM I the only one here who thought your remark was quite possibly meant ironically rather than seriously?

 

Just look how absurdly long and drawn out the HM-901 release has been - substantially longer than a year!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

@ everyone;  I really think we should not be too quick to criticise iBasso. This is early days, still. Let's have a little patience! beerchug.gif

 

 

I can't help thinking that, in addition to any possible production complications, my remarks in this thread, a few days ago, may be relevant in terms of iBasso's reluctance-vs-enthusiasm to release the DX50:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661167/dx50-a-new-smaller-dap-coming-from-ibasso-specifications-page-1/930#post_9554704

post #1056 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

That's good of them. Probably a given though. They held their JH3A customers waiting for over a year of delays and zero personalized apologies or updates, pre-order was for the full MSRP, not just a deposit. Not entirely their fault but they could've handled it much better than they did. 

rolleyes.gif

post #1057 of 3609

.

 

 

 

                                                        rolleyes.gif

 

 

post #1058 of 3609

Been following this thread. Damn I wish dx50 would come out now, then i can decide on dx100 or dx50 since i already have the rwak100

post #1059 of 3609
Pleasure of vapoware, seriously though one problem with announcing early and delivering late is that the patience wears thin and one might seriously look somewhere else for an available alternative.
post #1060 of 3609

In the case of ibasso DX50, it's still ok.

 

Given their reputation with the DX100, am sure most would give the DX50 a go, whenever it is ready for sale.

post #1061 of 3609
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Pleasure of vapoware, seriously though one problem with announcing early and delivering late is that the patience wears thin and one might seriously look somewhere else for an available alternative.

This thread has also been quite the highlight of  banging on pots and pans rattling off about wanting their golden goose now.

 

I personally would like to see a release done right, rather than have a product rushed out the door and have numerable problems down the line.

post #1062 of 3609

Overall, iBasso did a worthy job with the DX100. That gives them credibility, in my eyes, and earns them my patience in relation to the development & release of the DX50.

 

It seems quite a few people in this thread have extremely short memories, blinkered vision, or perhaps both.

 

Even not taking the venerable DX100 into account, it's still only the beginning of July, so iBasso are hardly taking liberties with the DX50 release date. I'm anticipating it towards end of 2013, and I'm not going to moan during the interim. They know what they're doing; the DX100 showed us that, so if there's a delay in releasing the DX50 I trust iBasso that it is for a legitimate reason.

 

The irony of this delay, for the moaners out there, is that even if iBasso released the DX50 tomorrow, they'd still moan about the firmware being not sufficiently polished, or the X5 being on the horizon.

 

If the DX50 doesn't materialize before 2014, then maybe I'll become unsettled, but for the remainder of 2013, I'm willing to sit patiently and wait.

post #1063 of 3609

The later the release, the more time there is to save up for it.....biggrin.gif

post #1064 of 3609

Dont get me wrong... but I'm impatient. Must be the stress of having 2 toddlers under 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girls Generation View Post

That's how it goes, and there's nothing wrong with it. Be glad iBasso isn't JH Audio.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

 

LOL!  AM I the only one here who thought your remark was quite possibly meant ironically rather than seriously?

 

Just look how absurdly long and drawn out the HM-901 release has been - substantially longer than a year!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

@ everyone;  I really think we should not be too quick to criticise iBasso. This is early days, still. Let's have a little patience! beerchug.gif

 

 

I can't help thinking that, in addition to any possible production complications, my remarks in this thread, a few days ago, may be relevant in terms of iBasso's reluctance-vs-enthusiasm to release the DX50:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661167/dx50-a-new-smaller-dap-coming-from-ibasso-specifications-page-1/930#post_9554704

post #1065 of 3609

Everyone is aware that the battery is replaceable?

 

Samsung i9300 Battery is Compatible, so getting an extended battery will be very useful.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .