Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread - Page 45

post #661 of 1666
I hear more sub bass or what I think is sub bass, on the TH600 than these. I hope this improves with burning in. I'm running sone frequency sweeps through them now
post #662 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

Or HM5 pads?

I was just about to order the HM5 Brainwavez. I may still get em but I'm satisfied now. Not sure anyone has nabbed those. I think the Brainwaves may fit better than alpha pads just with an eye check but I dunno?

 

1st. Get your sound going. You got an un distort able 55mm carbon nano coated tube. and another tuned driver. Why the built a 2 driver, 2 chamber 2 bass tubed can in a steel cave and threw shallow cups on it is a mind bender??? wtf?:confused:

 

But until you get the pads work that bass. 

 

Find ground zero with this. You got the hardest hitting cand on the market bro...don't let those 55mm go to waste...beat them down....er......break em in:D

post #663 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

I hear more sub bass or what I think is sub bass, on the TH600 than these. I hope this improves with burning in. I'm running sone frequency sweeps through them now

60-20Hz

 

Man that makes no sense. These don't articulate guitars well makes some sense but my personal listening library is build around sub-bass. the Th 600 are awesome but won't crank to pounding levels or low hum extension in sub bass like these. That's odd.

post #664 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

I hear more sub bass or what I think is sub bass, on the TH600 than these. I hope this improves with burning in. I'm running sone frequency sweeps through them now


What can did you get?  I'm looking at this on an iPad and can't tell but it looks like the JVC that HBB has? 

post #665 of 1666

 

 

Original v.s. new ones.

 

Tighter around 100Hz and mids/highs better defined. I don't think anybody wants driver grills on their ears. I'll never get some of the stuff that makes it out of final shakedowns..

 

post #666 of 1666


Yes the same cans
post #667 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post

I was just about to order the HM5 Brainwavez. I may still get em but I'm satisfied now. Not sure anyone has nabbed those. I think the Brainwaves may fit better than alpha pads just with an eye check but I dunno?

1st. Get your sound going. You got an un distort able 55mm carbon nano coated tube. and another tuned driver. Why the built a 2 driver, 2 chamber 2 bass tubed can in a steel cave and threw shallow cups on it is a mind bender??? wtf?confused.gif

But until you get the pads work that bass. 



Find ground zero with this. You got the hardest hitting cand on the market bro...don't let those 55mm go to waste...beat them down....er......break em in:D
oh wow I get what you mean

The tracks I was playing actually didn't have sub bass. I hear it now. Man I'm going to reserve these cans for hip hop. EDM mostly doesn't have sub bass
post #668 of 1666
The mids and highs are quite harsh currently. Does this smooth out?
You can EQ the bass is quite a bit on the DX50
post #669 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

The mids and highs are quite harsh currently. Does this smooth out?
You can EQ the bass is quite a bit on the DX50

 

The 2nd driver is sitting right on the ear. A really bizarre move by JVC. I had given up on these articulating mids in any real way until I put the new pads on. Getting that driver a few mm of space does wonders. A velor cup will diminish bass but a brainwavez type should not. I listen to a lot of Hip Hop with very low freq and these leave my ears ringing. Try the pad switch before worrying about mid/high resolution. 

 

This track. Turn it up and listen to the whole thing and slowly increase until you feel discomfort. There is a sub hit @ 35Hz that follows a long throw hit from 50-85Hz. It resolves that sub hit really really well. Get new pads and you should be happy.

 

post #670 of 1666
I'm going to try the HE500 pleathers tonight and see how they fare
post #671 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

I'm going to try the HE500 pleathers tonight and see how they fare

 

Post a pic!

Not upside down:D

post #672 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy View Post
 

 

The 2nd driver is sitting right on the ear. A really bizarre move by JVC. I had given up on these articulating mids in any real way until I put the new pads on. Getting that driver a few mm of space does wonders. A velor cup will diminish bass but a brainwavez type should not. I listen to a lot of Hip Hop with very low freq and these leave my ears ringing. Try the pad switch before worrying about mid/high resolution. 


Actually, that's not correct. The Velour pads from the DT770 do not reduce bass at all...

post #673 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukyo View Post
 


Actually, that's not correct. The Velour pads from the DT770 do not reduce bass at all...

Cool!

I might snag as pair just to switch it up....and grab some brainwavez  HM5  ;)

post #674 of 1666

Colour me intrigued. I'm more of a neutral fan, but the Bass-ian inside me struggles and comes to the forefront ever so often. Should I get these or buy the TH600. Any other recommendations?

 

Already have the XB500 though, has anyone compared these and the XB500?

post #675 of 1666
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinit90 View Post
 

Colour me intrigued. I'm more of a neutral fan, but the Bass-ian inside me struggles and comes to the forefront ever so often. Should I get these or buy the TH600. Any other recommendations?

 

Already have the XB500 though, has anyone compared these and the XB500?

 

If the Bass monster only comes out sometimes get the TH600.

 

 

 

The sz2000 hit harder and deeper than TH600 but need a cup change and are not as sonically gifted as the Fostex.

 

Comparing the bass off XB500 and sz2000.

 

The XB500 were tested and amped while I hunted for cans and the XB700 were better but that's a 40mm driver v.s. a 50mm driver with similar tuning and housing.  The XB500 was never on my radar as it choked on deep hits with high volume.

 

The M100 would be a better step up with a more pleasing sound. The sz2000 are bass monsters. I think folks don't imagine what that is until they hear it. It's clean. It's deep and it's loud.  It will make your head shake and eyes vibrate and water and you'll feel sick after a while. I tell everyone if they have an amp, love bass and have a library dominated by Hip Hop these are for you. If anything in that 3 doesn't fit then these are not for you.

 

Get the TH600.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread