Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread - Page 200

post #2986 of 3998

The iDSD bass boost sometimes kinda works. ain't nothin copmared to the c5 bass boost

post #2987 of 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapman View Post

The iDSD bass boost sometimes kinda works. ain't nothin copmared to the c5 bass boost

What do you mean by sometimes works? It has a mild boost, which is audible when the appropriate frequencies are there. It's not a 'beats' style boost that muddies everything up.
post #2988 of 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapman View Post
 

The iDSD bass boost sometimes kinda works. ain't nothin copmared to the c5 bass boost

If you don't absolutely need one of the best DACs or portability, the iCAN SE has a 2 level bass boost that at least kicks harder than the E12. Haven't heard the C5 to compare. 

post #2989 of 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilTech View Post


What do you mean by sometimes works? It has a mild boost, which is audible when the appropriate frequencies are there. It's not a 'beats' style boost that muddies everything up.


The C5 doesn't muddy everything up, but you can really tell it's there and it doesn't mess with the rest of the mix at all. Like a nice old school Techics Super Bass boost.
 

 

What I meant is on tracks where the C5 would have noticable difference, the difference between off and on was negligeble in comparison when it came to the iDSD.

 

I love the iDSD but the bass boost was stronger I wish.

 

I agree the icans have way way better bass boost. I dunno why the iDSD micro is so weak in comparison.

post #2990 of 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapman View Post


The C5 doesn't muddy everything up, but you can really tell it's there and it doesn't mess with the rest of the mix at all. Like a nice old school Techics Super Bass boost.

 

What I meant is on tracks where the C5 would have noticable difference, the difference between off and on was negligeble in comparison when it came to the iDSD.

I love the iDSD but the bass boost was stronger I wish.

I agree the icans have way way better bass boost. I dunno why the iDSD micro is so weak in comparison.

Gotcha. It's prob only 2.5dB on the IFI, I use a multi-point VST plug-in myself when I want to bring the thunder👊
post #2991 of 3998
Guys im in the uk, have a pair of japanese imported jvc sz1000 with 55x pads plus brainwavz pleather plads and a c5 im thinking of selling. Im using my phone as i dont have a pc but im just seeing if theres any takers. Jvc's are approx 3months old, c5 is in good condition no problems, I would actually throw in an android hifimediy dac that was £30 aswell. Pm me if your interested. In saving up for a pair of campfire audio andromeda
post #2992 of 3998

Didnt see much about hard cases for these headphones.  Ordered these for the mean time. They are not actually that bad. Only $8 prime shipped too. Headphones fit snuggly and don't move around at all. Zipper seems really sturdy and well put together. Case is somewhat flimsy in that if you dropped something heavy on them your phones are going to be dust. However, they are plenty thick enough to withstand a drop down a flight of stairs. Shoot. $8.

 

Anybody have any thing better please post. I have no qualms upgrading.

 

heres pics.

 

 

 

 

https://www.amazon.com/Sentey-GS-1401-Headset-headphones-Compartments-Dimensions/dp/B00I4XZ0S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467855255&sr=8-1&keywords=sentey+headphone+case


Edited by BadReligionPunk - 7/6/16 at 6:51pm
post #2993 of 3998

@BadReligionPunk

I use one of those no name Pelican clones.

 

I have a lot of them around for various reasons so stuff won't break.

 

No guns in any of them but lots of fragile equipment ;)

 

 

 

Mines a MTM Case Gard cost $6 on amazon.

I'm not a gun owner but I use these for my expensive IEMs, the thicker ones will fit SZ2k's, and i use them for glass art too when travelling to shows.


Edited by vapman - 7/6/16 at 8:42pm
post #2994 of 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadReligionPunk View Post

Didnt see much about hard cases for these headphones.  Ordered these for the mean time. They are not actually that bad. Only $8 prime shipped too. Headphones fit snuggly and don't move around at all. Zipper seems really sturdy and well put together. Case is somewhat flimsy in that if you dropped something heavy on them your phones are going to be dust. However, they are plenty thick enough to withstand a drop down a flight of stairs. Shoot. $8.

Anybody have any thing better please post. I have no qualms upgrading.

heres pics.






 
https://www.amazon.com/Sentey-GS-1401-Headset-headphones-Compartments-Dimensions/dp/B00I4XZ0S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467855255&sr=8-1&keywords=sentey+headphone+case

Those Sentey cases are great, use them myself.
post #2995 of 3998
Don't own my 1000 anymore I sold them just got bored with to much bass, bass is good but not when u can't hear the rest of the music if u get my drift. Even with an EQ still got boring just wasn't complete enough for me sorry bass heads.
post #2996 of 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRAXAS5150 View Post

Don't own my 1000 anymore I sold them just got bored with to much bass, bass is good but not when u can't hear the rest of the music if u get my drift. Even with an EQ still got boring just wasn't complete enough for me sorry bass heads.

I use this correction curve to tame the bass...

... no bass blues with this applied.
post #2997 of 3998
I bought the same case when I got the 1000's they fit perfectly now I have my Beyerdynamic DT 900 in the case.
post #2998 of 3998

I would like to know which one is better replacement pads for SZ1000 --  Brainwavz HM5 regular or ANGLED ear pads

post #2999 of 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritu View Post
 

I would like to know which one is better replacement pads for SZ1000 --  Brainwavz HM5 regular or ANGLED ear pads


Angled.

 

HM5 for maximum detail at the sacrifice of some impact

55x pads for maximum impact at the sacrifice of some detailing/airiness

post #3000 of 3998
I currently own an HD800...but for the past year, i have been fiending for a headphone with strong bass.

I have been considering the th900 for quite some time - yes, in a different league than the sz2000. The problem is, i want a very fun headphone with deafening bass. That is why i am here.

How does the bass compare to the th900, with the sz2000?
Will i be disappointed with the th900 bass, compared to the other?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread