or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread - Page 134

post #1996 of 3562

can someone please post their equalizer APO settings on PEACE gui for the JVC sz2000

post #1997 of 3562
It occured to me that I don't recall ever looking at SZ2000 graphs, so I opened it up and got a bit surprised.



Does it really sound so much emphasized in the mid-bass and rolled off in the sub-bass region? The dip at ~250Hz should prevent mid-bass bleeding into the mids, but sub-bass is well below even that. Also, the delta between 500Hz and ~1.8Khz is quite big. 14db? That's surely should be noticeable.
Edited by SmOgER - 3/22/15 at 5:07pm
post #1998 of 3562
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOgER View Post

It occured to me that I don't recall ever looking at SZ2000 graphs, so I opened it up and got a bit surprised.

Does it really sound so much emphasized in the mid-bass and rolled off in the sub-bass region? The dip at ~250Hz should prevent mid-bass bleeding into the mids, but sub-bass is well below even that. Also, the delta between 500Hz and ~1.8Khz is quite big. 14db? That's surely should be noticeable.

 

Everyone who buys these headphones uses EQ. Don't worry about it. Just use a parametric equalizer to get your desired sound.

post #1999 of 3562

Yes, it has been said before in this thread : the SZ2000 and 1000 don't sound really good without proper eq (that's putting it mildly). As the graph shows, they are very coloured headphones with a FR that's all over the place. I had the SZ1000 for a week, and while its sub bass capabilities when amped and eq'd was properly astonishing, I returned it because without amp and eq it sounds actually quite terrible. But, if you have access to a parametric eq and know how to use it properly, the amount a low freqs these headphones are capable of reproducing is about unlimited... This is a real proper basshead can... definitely not audiophile though.

post #2000 of 3562
That graph shows the problem these cans have. They are low on bass and boost the lower mids with having recessed upper mids. That mix makes them sound just weird and veiled. Good that they respond well to EQ which they dearly need.
post #2001 of 3562
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizkid View Post

That graph shows the problem these cans have. They are low on bass and boost the lower mids with having recessed upper mids. That mix makes them sound just weird and veiled. Good that they respond well to EQ which they dearly need.

Yes, the reason why this headphones are without a rival its because they have subwoofer inside. But that low gain between 1 to 2khz are boring. 

post #2002 of 3562
@bizkid

Thanks for pointing out the problem, someone should talk to jvc sound engineers why they dont follow the line lol. Maybe some of us like curves which goes well with certain genres and applications?

Anyways thanks for your informative comment, gotta check goldenears for more curves and slopes.
post #2003 of 3562
Th600 freq response

post #2004 of 3562

 

 

SZ+X5+C5

 

Pink Floyd sounds epic.

 

Nothing wrong with JVC design aside from pads.

Cannot employ a driver in dual chambers without dropping the bass....cuz the dual chambers are locking in the bass. It's genius. Lotta ya'll missing the point.

 

Despite countless folks repeating the dogma of the SZ...not one and only cans, need an amp and need a pad change...folks still buy and power them through a soundcard with stock pads or variations of proven FAIL.

 

No cans can switch from slamming my skull to playing back Dark Side of the Moon so well...zero.

post #2005 of 3562

"So it was written, so it shall be done"

post #2006 of 3562
These headphones can be best compared to old American muscle cars. The cars were big, needed lots of gas, came with lousy tires, and did one thing well-accelerate fast!

These headphones are big, need lots of power, come with lousy pads, and do one thing well- bass!

If you know what you are getting with these and that's what you want, you will be happy
post #2007 of 3562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourfpshero View Post

These headphones can be best compared to old American muscle cars. The cars were big, needed lots of gas, came with lousy tires, and did one thing well-accelerate fast!

These headphones are big, need lots of power, come with lousy pads, and do one thing well- bass!

If you know what you are getting with these and that's what you want, you will be happy

 

I would be interested in seeing scientific documentation that supports the notion that the JVC HA-SZ2000 needs lots of power.

 

(And also that having two drivers on each side somehow makes it need more power, even when you boost the bass.)

 

 

According to calculations for any normal headphone, it only needs 16 mW at 16 ohms to get to 120 dB, which is extremely loud.

 

If anyone wants to say that it actually needs more power, they should be able to back that claim up with numbers and demonstrate precisely how much power it needs to do a given thing. This was briefly touched upon in this thread, but nothing was really proven.

post #2008 of 3562
Only one way to find out Alchemist.

Run it off your phone and then run it off an amplifier.

(Report results. Go back to using amp)
post #2009 of 3562
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

Only one way to find out Alchemist.

Run it off your phone and then run it off an amplifier.

(Report results. Go back to using amp)

 

I'm going after more specific data than that, though. Like, knowing exactly how much power it needs to get X loud with X amount of bass boost without any problems.

 

Really bummed that I have to wait weeks before mine is shipped, even though the listing said it would ship within 24 hours. :(

post #2010 of 3562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 

 

I would be interested in seeing scientific documentation that supports the notion that the JVC HA-SZ2000 needs lots of power.

 

(And also that having two drivers on each side somehow makes it need more power, even when you boost the bass.)

 

 

According to calculations for any normal headphone, it only needs 16 mW at 16 ohms to get to 120 dB, which is extremely loud.

 

If anyone wants to say that it actually needs more power, they should be able to back that claim up with numbers and demonstrate precisely how much power it needs to do a given thing. This was briefly touched upon in this thread, but nothing was really proven.

 

 

 

 

 

 

What do the numbers say about the cans above?

 

 

I tested them with the same track,hardware and eq slope and the SZ NEEDED the juice.

 

Those #'s seem to indicate an idevice would be enough to properly drive the SZ....my ipod classic is a paper weight now.

I have vids demonstrating bass switch effects on the e12 and C5 and NOBODY did that before and nobody demonstrated the relative energy a set of cans would put out until a channel with 100,000 views was built around that show.

 

These cans have demonstrated more than any set on the site because they do something you can see and that is rare and that is why you cant take vids of ultrasones or ____ cuz you'd be watching what??

 

Not this!

 

 

Take the amp out the chain and you'd see what an Ultrasone Pro 900 does with that sub-bass........nothing

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread