Hi guys, I've been using a pair of Shure 425's now for a year and a half. I've been generally happy, but now I feel like I want to try something different. When I first picked up the 425s I wasn't an audiophile and couldn't really discern the differences in sound. Now I can more, so I'm looking to upgrade slightly from what I have. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should look at for my next pair of monitors? Thanks!
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 2/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Exchange cables between Shure SE215 and 425? Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 425 Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:47am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Warmest sound with softest treble? The 215, 315 or 425? Last post on 2/22/15 at 3:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM to get with inline mic? Last post on 1/10/15 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worth getting used Aurisonics ASG-2.5 or buy a new mid price IEM? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Tired of Shure SE425 - what next?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Im not an expert to give you advice but it would help if you let us know the following:
what style of music do you listen to the most? how much is your budget? do you want a universal or a custom?
I was in the same boat and looked around a bit. Wasn't convinced the SE535 was worth the upgrade. I ended up ordering the Heir 5.0, which is a bit outside of your budget. While not thoroughly reviewed, the comparisons to the 8a made me think it was the best bet for a universal south of $800 (with the upgraded cable). I also considerd the Sennheisers but decided against as I like the isolation of a closed body.
- Tired of Shure SE425 - what next?
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 6 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: RHA MA750 - Flawless Victory! 36 seconds ago
- › Alpha Dog: mint 59 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › GEEK PULSE - EXCELLENT 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2