Hi guys, I've been using a pair of Shure 425's now for a year and a half. I've been generally happy, but now I feel like I want to try something different. When I first picked up the 425s I wasn't an audiophile and couldn't really discern the differences in sound. Now I can more, so I'm looking to upgrade slightly from what I have. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should look at for my next pair of monitors? Thanks!
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 2/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Exchange cables between Shure SE215 and 425? Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE 425 Last post on 2/3/15 at 2:47am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Warmest sound with softest treble? The 215, 315 or 425? Last post on 2/22/15 at 3:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM to get with inline mic? Last post on 1/10/15 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worth getting used Aurisonics ASG-2.5 or buy a new mid price IEM? Last post on 5/6/15 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Tired of Shure SE425 - what next?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Im not an expert to give you advice but it would help if you let us know the following:
what style of music do you listen to the most? how much is your budget? do you want a universal or a custom?
I was in the same boat and looked around a bit. Wasn't convinced the SE535 was worth the upgrade. I ended up ordering the Heir 5.0, which is a bit outside of your budget. While not thoroughly reviewed, the comparisons to the 8a made me think it was the best bet for a universal south of $800 (with the upgraded cable). I also considerd the Sennheisers but decided against as I like the isolation of a closed body.
- Tired of Shure SE425 - what next?
- › "The Lab" 19 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 49 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 [Australia - New Zealand Tour] - Review and... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Can anyone help me with spare SHURE SE846 filters and nozzle tool?? 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio 3 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2