- 1,156 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: St. Louis
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best all-rounder for ~$300 new or used? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Your top Japanese IEMs (can you rank the ones you have heard? Or point out ones you like) Last post on 5/13/14 at 11:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Adventures in Balanced Cables for IEMs Last post on 3/5/14 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WANTED: GR01, RE272, RE262, ER-4P/S, Sony EX1000, Earsonics SM2 or similar to AUS Last post on 2/15/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Disclaimer This unit was in my possession for a few days as part of the Australasian tour. I'd like to thank @FiiO and @Joe Bloggs for making this tour possible, and @Brooko for organizing...
One day before a long trip I found out that my earbuds was blown out, so I went to one near store to find some quick replacement, then I choose these because there was none of my...
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Changed title: SM64, or EX1000, or RE272 for a Senns HD800 fanboy? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I ultimately felt the fx700's mids were too thin to properly do justice to guitars and drums, at least compared to the GR07 (original). Cymbals could be too aggressive on the wrong track as well.
I'm probably going to get shot, but...
For metal, look into the Vsonic GR07 MKII. You can find them on the forums for under $150 at times, and they're fully comparable to phones that cost several times their price range.
I've actually never heard a better phone for rock or metal, and you can look at my profile to see the list I've owned/auditioned.
It combines armature-like speed with fantastic timbre with drums, and has an uncanny ability to make distortion guitars sound lifelike.
I'd tell you that I'd personally buy your pair if you were dissatisfied, but I have to pay summer tuition
It's at least worth a look. Don't let the price fool you.
I agree. I still own the MK2 and enjoy it immensely even after using the Fitear TG!334s.... Good call.
- Changed title: SM64, or EX1000, or RE272 for a Senns HD800 fanboy?
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 24 seconds ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 37 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 59 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Tube Amp Recommendation for Beyerdynamic T1 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - IEM & Minibox Amplifier Cards 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2