- 1,301 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: St. Louis
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best all-rounder for ~$300 new or used? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Your top Japanese IEMs (can you rank the ones you have heard? Or point out ones you like) Last post on 5/13/14 at 11:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Adventures in Balanced Cables for IEMs Last post on 3/5/14 at 1:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WANTED: GR01, RE272, RE262, ER-4P/S, Sony EX1000, Earsonics SM2 or similar to AUS Last post on 2/15/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Changed title: SM64, or EX1000, or RE272 for a Senns HD800 fanboy? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I ultimately felt the fx700's mids were too thin to properly do justice to guitars and drums, at least compared to the GR07 (original). Cymbals could be too aggressive on the wrong track as well.
I'm probably going to get shot, but...
For metal, look into the Vsonic GR07 MKII. You can find them on the forums for under $150 at times, and they're fully comparable to phones that cost several times their price range.
I've actually never heard a better phone for rock or metal, and you can look at my profile to see the list I've owned/auditioned.
It combines armature-like speed with fantastic timbre with drums, and has an uncanny ability to make distortion guitars sound lifelike.
I'd tell you that I'd personally buy your pair if you were dissatisfied, but I have to pay summer tuition
It's at least worth a look. Don't let the price fool you.
I agree. I still own the MK2 and enjoy it immensely even after using the Fitear TG!334s.... Good call.
- Changed title: SM64, or EX1000, or RE272 for a Senns HD800 fanboy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 3 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 34 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Grado SR225 Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 3 minutes ago
- › Is there no flagship for "fun" headphones that has the 3D... 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3