Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › KEF new headphones!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KEF new headphones! - Page 29

post #421 of 675

Fuggit I can't wait, I just purchased these from razordog. I will be back with impressions, soon....

post #422 of 675

^ You weak, weak man (said as a bead of sweat drops off of my forehead...)

post #423 of 675

Yes, I am very weak I must say lol. Any tablets one may recommend to go with these for watching movies on the go? Preferably with an LOD dock?

post #424 of 675

Microsoft surface has usb out I believe

post #425 of 675
I found the Momentum to be uncomfortable on ear for starters, more secure but uncomfortable.

Sound wise the Momentum was harsh to my ears. The mid bass was to strong and the mids and treble were off in an unpleasant way.

the M500 on the other hand is much more balanced and linear in it's sound signature even on my Nokia 920 which is a bit off in the midrange. The M500 also has more extension at the bottom and,top end of the sound spectrum. I can not remember sound stage well enough to make a comparison from memory so will not comment on that area.
post #426 of 675
Interesting. I read someone else's impressions from a head to head comparison that pretty much echo what you're saying.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/headphones-portable-music/1787891-impressions-b-w-p5-kef-m500-sennheiser-momentum.html

Hope I can listen to these someday
post #427 of 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I found the Momentum to be uncomfortable on ear for starters, more secure but uncomfortable.

Sound wise the Momentum was harsh to my ears. The mid bass was to strong and the mids and treble were off in an unpleasant way.

the M500 on the other hand is much more balanced and linear in it's sound signature even on my Nokia 920 which is a bit off in the midrange. The M500 also has more extension at the bottom and,top end of the sound spectrum. I can not remember sound stage well enough to make a comparison from memory so will not comment on that area.

+1 Momentums really sucked hard. I much perferred the MDR-1R and of course my 7520 was better than both.

 

Now these KEF M500's seem like the Dog's Balls. I think I might grab me a pair. I'm curious after all the raving lunatic review. LOL very_evil_smiley.gif

post #428 of 675

So, does anyone figure that the M500's are any better than my KSC75's (on headband)? ph34r.gif

 

Lol - just trying out some different "resistance" tactics. But, the ksc75's are sounding pretty good lol.

post #429 of 675
Now that I've had these for a few weeks my impression of them just keeps getting better. For a one stop headphone you can reach for every time I would be hard pressed to pick another. Yes, there may be better ones for a single category - sound stage, bass, comfort, whatever, but these have no glaring weakness that makes me want to look elsewhere. Tyell had a thread going that said if you could only have one headphone for everywhere, home, travel, etc., what would you pick. The M500 would be my choice. It's just that good in my opinion, especially for $300 list. KEF really came up with a winner for their first offering in the headphone arena.
post #430 of 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLee View Post

Now that I've had these for a few weeks my impression of them just keeps getting better. For a one stop headphone you can reach for every time I would be hard pressed to pick another. Yes, there may be better ones for a single category - sound stage, bass, comfort, whatever, but these have no glaring weakness that makes me want to look elsewhere. Tyell had a thread going that said if you could only have one headphone for everywhere, home, travel, etc., what would you pick. The M500 would be my choice. It's just that good in my opinion, especially for $300 list. KEF really came up with a winner for their first offering in the headphone arena.

 

For me, their weakness is their inability to excel at anything actually... LOL.

I indeed like their overall sound reproduction, but actually find them a bit boring... which may be good or bad to others potential customers. But they are comfortable, good sounding, and look pretty good too. Don't know yet if they will be keepers though... (I have Senn Momentums on the way... we'll see) but between these and say... the V-moda M80s, I'd gladly choose these!

post #431 of 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

For me, their weakness is their inability to excel at anything actually... LOL.

I indeed like their overall sound reproduction, but actually find them a bit boring... which may be good or bad to others potential customers. But they are comfortable, good sounding, and look pretty good too. Don't know yet if they will be keepers though... (I have Senn Momentums on the way... we'll see) but between these and say... the V-moda M80s, I'd gladly choose these!

Any comparisons between the M500 and MDs?

post #432 of 675

The M500 reminds me of the HiFiMan RE-400 in many ways.. but with a more dynamic presentation.. larger soundstage.. better detail.. better treble presence (by extension, more air and openness) and better PRaT.

post #433 of 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

The M500 reminds me of the HiFiMan RE-400 in many ways.. but with a more dynamic presentation.. larger soundstage.. better detail.. better treble presence (by extension, more air and openness) and better PRaT.

How are they compared to the Paradox? Just as neutral?

post #434 of 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Any comparisons between the M500 and MDs?

 

I knew I had forgotten something!! LOL

Notes are at home.

I'll send myself an email to remind myself to post them... (yeah... I'm at that point where I forget everything. Why do we have responsibilities and work darn it!!?!?!?!?! :p)

 

But in summary, still prefer the Mad Dogs by a mile.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

The M500 reminds me of the HiFiMan RE-400 in many ways.. but with a more dynamic presentation.. larger soundstage.. better detail.. better treble presence (by extension, more air and openness) and better PRaT.

 

You know, I never looked at it like that, but my brief 2 week incursion with the RE-400s yielded similar results. BTW, I thought the same about the Hifiman IEM, they were very good but nothing really stood out...

post #435 of 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

 

 

But in summary, still prefer the Mad Dogs by a mile.

 

WEll, I actually am expecting that lol.

 

I am interested in the comparisons because I am hoping the M500 will be a great portable alternate to my MDs at home. My IEMs are the Westone 4 which match quite well, and would like to keep a similar sound sig to avoid major adjustment periods between all of my cans.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › KEF new headphones!