Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ASG-1.3 Review (Updated: 14MAY2013)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics ASG-1.3 Review (Updated: 14MAY2013) - Page 3

post #31 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

Pretty recently. Like within the past 2 or 3 months I think.

 

There is no specific marking, other than the updated company logo. The previous ASG-1 revisions had the previous Aurisonics logo.

 

I've never compared them directly to the GR07. Based on what I remember they're cut from the same cloth though. Great bass, solid and slightly forward midrange, and highs that are rolled off. Perhaps someone with more recent knowledge of the GR07 and the ASG-1 can chime in.

 

Personally if you have the GR07 I'm not sure that I'd give up the MadDogs for the ASG-1.3s.

Don't forget that the shell is also slightly different on the 1.3. The nub at the top of the ear is now less prominent so it should fit more comfortably into peoples ears. The ASG-1.3 can also be identified by it being the only ASG-1 model to include space near the bottom of the nozzle for it to be quickly upgraded to the ASG-2. 

 

Those are the main ways to indicate that you have a 1.3 versus any other revision, though the logo change is a key difference that's the easiest to tell

post #32 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Don't forget that the shell is also slightly different on the 1.3. The nub at the top of the ear is now less prominent so it should fit more comfortably into peoples ears. The ASG-1.3 can also be identified by it being the only ASG-1 model to include space near the bottom of the nozzle for it to be quickly upgraded to the ASG-2. 

 

Those are the main ways to indicate that you have a 1.3 versus any other revision, though the logo change is a key difference that's the easiest to tell


Thanks for the tips - I think I'm going to pass on these even though they seem pretty interesting.

post #33 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Don't forget that the shell is also slightly different on the 1.3. The nub at the top of the ear is now less prominent so it should fit more comfortably into peoples ears. The ASG-1.3 can also be identified by it being the only ASG-1 model to include space near the bottom of the nozzle for it to be quickly upgraded to the ASG-2. 

 

Those are the main ways to indicate that you have a 1.3 versus any other revision, though the logo change is a key difference that's the easiest to tell


Thanks for the tips - I think I'm going to pass on these even though they seem pretty interesting.


Understandable, especially if you are looking for a compliment to GR07.

I just read a few reviews of the GR07 and similarities were striking. If you are looking for an upgrade to them these might be the ticket though.
post #34 of 65

I thought about them as a possible upgrade, but I just had my VSonics re-cabled by BTG Audio and bought some Meelac tips, too. I'm quite content with them and I'd rather not get on the merciless hamster wheel of upgrade-itus so many are stricken with. It really seems like a lot of people are incapable of being happy with what they have on this site. Heck, that's the world, really...
 

post #35 of 65
Sorry for bringing up a old thread but for those of you with the ASG-1 , are your ear size big? I was planning to get one but I have small ears. Thanks!
post #36 of 65
Thread Starter 

My ears are about average size. They aren't big, per say, but they aren't small either. However the size of the ASG line could be a bit bigger and still fit comfortably in my ear or conversely a bit smaller as well. 

post #37 of 65
Thanks for your reply! Pulling the trigger now! Still have to wait weeks though, hard to find these in Singapore.
post #38 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerx44 View Post

Thanks for your reply! Pulling the trigger now! Still have to wait weeks though, hard to find these in Singapore.
Treoo sells them btw
post #39 of 65
I checked with them, there are curretly out of stock... Damn , maybe I should just go for a SE315 or a SE345. Thanks for the help though!
post #40 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerx44 View Post

I checked with them, there are curretly out of stock... Damn , maybe I should just go for a SE315 or a SE345. Thanks for the help though!
Se345? Btw at that price range it's a bit hard to find a good single BA iem and se315 isn't worth the 300~ price tag in Singapore
post #41 of 65
Oh I meant SE425, there's a local online shop selling the 315 for SGD280 with free shipping
http://www.welect.com/collections/shure/in-ear-monitor
Aurisonics still seems to be the best

EDIT: price cut on the shure models in the above link ( around SGD70 cheaper )
Edited by slayerx44 - 9/18/13 at 12:40am
post #42 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerx44 View Post

Oh I meant SE425, there's a local online shop selling the 315 for SGD280 with free shipping
http://www.welect.com/collections/shure/in-ear-monitor
Aurisonics still seems to be the best

EDIT: price cut on the shure models in the above link ( around SGD70 cheaper )

My advice is save up/ wait to buy what you want instead of settling for mediocre quality. I did that a couple of times and realised it'll save a lot of money and time to just buy what you want instead of buying mediocre then in the end most likely you still going to get the one you want. Btw you should try the se425s before buying. Stereo and jaben have demos.
Edited by lookingforIEMs - 9/18/13 at 1:09am
post #43 of 65
Thanks for your advice! Guess I'll still wait for the aurisonics. Cheers!
post #44 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerx44 View Post

Thanks for your advice! Guess I'll still wait for the aurisonics. Cheers!
Thanks! Btw how did you come up upon the aforementioned website? Their deals are pretty sick! Got lobang must share hor!
post #45 of 65
Searched on google "Shure Singapore" it's on the first page. Only other sites I know are rdmgear.com ( main importer of Aurisonic products ) and lendmeurears.com ( and the usual treoo , stereo and jaben. )
Hope this helped! Cheers!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics ASG-1.3 Review (Updated: 14MAY2013)