I voted for the Sony, although the HD25-II would also be a good choice. When you listen to a wide variety of music, you have two choices. One is to get several headphones with different sound signatures. The other is to make compromises and get something pretty neutral.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic 990 dt 250 OHM Vs V-moda M-100s Last post on 7/27/13 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats for Studio or something else? Last post on 12/27/12 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been working with RockJaw UK for the last 12 months giving feedback on their IEM...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound. - Page 3
Poll Results: Which headphones are the best for me, judging by my requested specs? (See thread below)
12% (2)Sony MDR-V6
0% (0)Sennheiser HD-25 I II
6% (1)Sennheiser Amperior
6% (1)V-MODA M100s
6% (1)V-MODA M80s
18% (3)KRK KNS-8400s
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 250 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 32 ohm
18% (3)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT 770 LE
6% (1)AKG550 or AKG K550 (What's the difference between these two? Is there a difference?)
6% (1)Sennheiser Momentum (May use real leather earpads, and I'm not sure if they're replacable. Only vote for these if you know that they are user replaceable)
18% (3)ON SALE: Beyerdynamic T70 Retail: $569 Open Box: $395
0% (0)ON SALE: Shure SRH-940 Retail: $299 Open Box: $225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The beyers aren't completely closed, they will leak some sound and let some in. They are a great set of phones, highly detailed. I had two pairs, as much as I wanted to like the sound in the end their sound signature was too cold for my tastes. A nice headphone to have in your inventory, especially considering their going rates used and new, but I wouldn't consider them to be a one and only type of headphone.
My coworker says he doesn't hear anything when I was playing my T70 on a good volume. However, it doesn't isolate well so that must also mean it leaks some haha.
25 is very durable and all parts including the cable is easily replaceable. Amperior sound very slightly better. But they are silver.
The 25s are portable, while the beyers are only semi portable. They are just too big.
I don't think the V6's would be a good choice, they're a little bright with a strong sub bass response, but that's just about it. They're not fun headphones IMO and tend to sound thin at times (edgy treble and strong sub bass but no meat in the middle), but if durability is in high regard they'll last 7 nuclear wars and a thanksgiving party. I think amperiors suffice in terms of just about everything you stated.
Edited by headphonatic - 6/30/13 at 7:54pm
- Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Final Clearance - Cheap Price for Fast Sale 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 11 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 13 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)