I voted for the Sony, although the HD25-II would also be a good choice. When you listen to a wide variety of music, you have two choices. One is to get several headphones with different sound signatures. The other is to make compromises and get something pretty neutral.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic 990 dt 250 OHM Vs V-moda M-100s Last post on 7/27/13 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound. - Page 3
Poll Results: Which headphones are the best for me, judging by my requested specs? (See thread below)
12% (2)Sony MDR-V6
0% (0)Sennheiser HD-25 I II
6% (1)Sennheiser Amperior
6% (1)V-MODA M100s
6% (1)V-MODA M80s
18% (3)KRK KNS-8400s
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 250 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 32 ohm
18% (3)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT 770 LE
6% (1)AKG550 or AKG K550 (What's the difference between these two? Is there a difference?)
6% (1)Sennheiser Momentum (May use real leather earpads, and I'm not sure if they're replacable. Only vote for these if you know that they are user replaceable)
18% (3)ON SALE: Beyerdynamic T70 Retail: $569 Open Box: $395
0% (0)ON SALE: Shure SRH-940 Retail: $299 Open Box: $225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The beyers aren't completely closed, they will leak some sound and let some in. They are a great set of phones, highly detailed. I had two pairs, as much as I wanted to like the sound in the end their sound signature was too cold for my tastes. A nice headphone to have in your inventory, especially considering their going rates used and new, but I wouldn't consider them to be a one and only type of headphone.
My coworker says he doesn't hear anything when I was playing my T70 on a good volume. However, it doesn't isolate well so that must also mean it leaks some haha.
25 is very durable and all parts including the cable is easily replaceable. Amperior sound very slightly better. But they are silver.
The 25s are portable, while the beyers are only semi portable. They are just too big.
I don't think the V6's would be a good choice, they're a little bright with a strong sub bass response, but that's just about it. They're not fun headphones IMO and tend to sound thin at times (edgy treble and strong sub bass but no meat in the middle), but if durability is in high regard they'll last 7 nuclear wars and a thanksgiving party. I think amperiors suffice in terms of just about everything you stated.
Edited by headphonatic - 6/30/13 at 7:54pm
- Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 3 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 11 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 12 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)