I voted for the Sony, although the HD25-II would also be a good choice. When you listen to a wide variety of music, you have two choices. One is to get several headphones with different sound signatures. The other is to make compromises and get something pretty neutral.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic 990 dt 250 OHM Vs V-moda M-100s Last post on 7/27/13 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound. - Page 3
Poll Results: Which headphones are the best for me, judging by my requested specs? (See thread below)
12% (2)Sony MDR-V6
0% (0)Sennheiser HD-25 I II
6% (1)Sennheiser Amperior
6% (1)V-MODA M100s
6% (1)V-MODA M80s
18% (3)KRK KNS-8400s
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 250 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 32 ohm
18% (3)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT 770 LE
6% (1)AKG550 or AKG K550 (What's the difference between these two? Is there a difference?)
6% (1)Sennheiser Momentum (May use real leather earpads, and I'm not sure if they're replacable. Only vote for these if you know that they are user replaceable)
18% (3)ON SALE: Beyerdynamic T70 Retail: $569 Open Box: $395
0% (0)ON SALE: Shure SRH-940 Retail: $299 Open Box: $225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The beyers aren't completely closed, they will leak some sound and let some in. They are a great set of phones, highly detailed. I had two pairs, as much as I wanted to like the sound in the end their sound signature was too cold for my tastes. A nice headphone to have in your inventory, especially considering their going rates used and new, but I wouldn't consider them to be a one and only type of headphone.
My coworker says he doesn't hear anything when I was playing my T70 on a good volume. However, it doesn't isolate well so that must also mean it leaks some haha.
25 is very durable and all parts including the cable is easily replaceable. Amperior sound very slightly better. But they are silver.
The 25s are portable, while the beyers are only semi portable. They are just too big.
I don't think the V6's would be a good choice, they're a little bright with a strong sub bass response, but that's just about it. They're not fun headphones IMO and tend to sound thin at times (edgy treble and strong sub bass but no meat in the middle), but if durability is in high regard they'll last 7 nuclear wars and a thanksgiving party. I think amperiors suffice in terms of just about everything you stated.
Edited by headphonatic - 6/30/13 at 7:54pm
- Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Westone W60 6-driver IEM 1 second ago
- › I am out of the loop. Is Kernal Streaming/ASIO still neccessary in... 6 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 29 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 58 seconds ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › New Hifiman Flagship (together with Unique Melody): RE1000 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2