I voted for the Sony, although the HD25-II would also be a good choice. When you listen to a wide variety of music, you have two choices. One is to get several headphones with different sound signatures. The other is to make compromises and get something pretty neutral.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic 990 dt 250 OHM Vs V-moda M-100s Last post on 7/27/13 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
This review is for the Linum Bax 2-Pin, Bax IEM and headphone cables. Let me introduce myself my name is Adam, I live in the states between Philadelphia and New York City. I have been into audio...
Havi B3 Pro 1 - Pictorial Review Let me start by saying that ......the purchase of B3Pro1 has been long time coming ever since introduced by bhazard in the Chinese thread early last year...
I have posted a more detailed review on my blog with hi resolution pictures. http://blog.hyperexpert.com/audio-technica-at-pha50bt-first-impressions-and-review/ I stumbled upon Audio Technica’s...
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound. - Page 3
Poll Results: Which headphones are the best for me, judging by my requested specs? (See thread below)
12% (2)Sony MDR-V6
0% (0)Sennheiser HD-25 I II
6% (1)Sennheiser Amperior
6% (1)V-MODA M100s
6% (1)V-MODA M80s
18% (3)KRK KNS-8400s
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 250 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 32 ohm
18% (3)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT 770 LE
6% (1)AKG550 or AKG K550 (What's the difference between these two? Is there a difference?)
6% (1)Sennheiser Momentum (May use real leather earpads, and I'm not sure if they're replacable. Only vote for these if you know that they are user replaceable)
18% (3)ON SALE: Beyerdynamic T70 Retail: $569 Open Box: $395
0% (0)ON SALE: Shure SRH-940 Retail: $299 Open Box: $225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The beyers aren't completely closed, they will leak some sound and let some in. They are a great set of phones, highly detailed. I had two pairs, as much as I wanted to like the sound in the end their sound signature was too cold for my tastes. A nice headphone to have in your inventory, especially considering their going rates used and new, but I wouldn't consider them to be a one and only type of headphone.
My coworker says he doesn't hear anything when I was playing my T70 on a good volume. However, it doesn't isolate well so that must also mean it leaks some haha.
25 is very durable and all parts including the cable is easily replaceable. Amperior sound very slightly better. But they are silver.
The 25s are portable, while the beyers are only semi portable. They are just too big.
I don't think the V6's would be a good choice, they're a little bright with a strong sub bass response, but that's just about it. They're not fun headphones IMO and tend to sound thin at times (edgy treble and strong sub bass but no meat in the middle), but if durability is in high regard they'll last 7 nuclear wars and a thanksgiving party. I think amperiors suffice in terms of just about everything you stated.
Edited by headphonatic - 6/30/13 at 7:54pm
- Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 55 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid Discussion Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › What speaker/monitors could give me sound comparable or better than... 7 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide. 9 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2