I voted for the Sony, although the HD25-II would also be a good choice. When you listen to a wide variety of music, you have two choices. One is to get several headphones with different sound signatures. The other is to make compromises and get something pretty neutral.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/14/14
Related Forum Threads
- First headphone Last post on 12/18/12 at 6:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- From iems to headphones | Help needed Last post on 7/21/14 at 2:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- beyerdynamic 990 dt 250 OHM Vs V-moda M-100s Last post on 7/27/13 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats for Studio or something else? Last post on 12/27/12 at 6:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound. - Page 3
Poll Results: Which headphones are the best for me, judging by my requested specs? (See thread below)
12% (2)Sony MDR-V6
0% (0)Sennheiser HD-25 I II
6% (1)Sennheiser Amperior
6% (1)V-MODA M100s
6% (1)V-MODA M80s
18% (3)KRK KNS-8400s
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 250 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 32 ohm
18% (3)Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm
0% (0)Beyerdynamic DT 770 LE
6% (1)AKG550 or AKG K550 (What's the difference between these two? Is there a difference?)
6% (1)Sennheiser Momentum (May use real leather earpads, and I'm not sure if they're replacable. Only vote for these if you know that they are user replaceable)
18% (3)ON SALE: Beyerdynamic T70 Retail: $569 Open Box: $395
0% (0)ON SALE: Shure SRH-940 Retail: $299 Open Box: $225
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The beyers aren't completely closed, they will leak some sound and let some in. They are a great set of phones, highly detailed. I had two pairs, as much as I wanted to like the sound in the end their sound signature was too cold for my tastes. A nice headphone to have in your inventory, especially considering their going rates used and new, but I wouldn't consider them to be a one and only type of headphone.
My coworker says he doesn't hear anything when I was playing my T70 on a good volume. However, it doesn't isolate well so that must also mean it leaks some haha.
25 is very durable and all parts including the cable is easily replaceable. Amperior sound very slightly better. But they are silver.
The 25s are portable, while the beyers are only semi portable. They are just too big.
I don't think the V6's would be a good choice, they're a little bright with a strong sub bass response, but that's just about it. They're not fun headphones IMO and tend to sound thin at times (edgy treble and strong sub bass but no meat in the middle), but if durability is in high regard they'll last 7 nuclear wars and a thanksgiving party. I think amperiors suffice in terms of just about everything you stated.
Edited by headphonatic - 6/30/13 at 7:54pm
- Best, most durable closed headphones for any type of sound.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS/FT: Sennheiser HD 700 LNIB (2-year warranty) 22 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › = HE-560 Enhancement Mod = 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)