Grado SR225 and Ultrasone HFI-780. Fun to listen to, not picky of source/power, I'll take either as my main phones any day :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 4post #46 of 3874/26/13 at 2:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 3874/26/13 at 2:08pmpost #48 of 3874/26/13 at 2:14pmpost #49 of 3874/26/13 at 2:50pm
DT770/80 pro. I love the detail (peak in treble) but it somehow also sounds a bit dark (before peak) with emphasis on sub bass. Comfortable for hours too. I can't find a pair of headphones I enjoy more (still looking!).post #50 of 3874/26/13 at 3:53pmpost #51 of 3874/28/13 at 12:05ampost #52 of 3874/28/13 at 1:14amQuote:
Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.post #53 of 3874/28/13 at 6:02ampost #54 of 3874/28/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQon
Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.
o_o. sounds really complicated to do. i don't think it is anything I can try out for myself.post #55 of 3874/28/13 at 9:11ampost #56 of 3874/28/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I'll get some pictures up and going in the FA-011 appreciation thread when I have it reassembled, which depends on whether or not I can sand off this damn acrylic paint off completely or might have to buy the spare cups from Sergei at FA.post #57 of 3875/2/13 at 3:51pm
One pair of headphones that I favored at one time were Soul By Ludacris SL150. I thought the sound was good but got tired of the their trendy look. I passed them on to my niece and she loves them.post #58 of 3875/2/13 at 4:24pmI have plenty of better headphones and earphones, but my HD439 and SE215 still get almost as much ear time as my UM3X, HD598, and DT770 LEs. I have a mic cable for the SE215, and they are built to last, so they get time at the beach, for phone calls, during workouts, and any time I don't want to put my UM3X at risk. The HD439 have a really enjoyable, laid back sound so I use them with my phone when I'm just relaxing around the house or need a headphone to throw in my bag on the go. My HD598 and DT770 are used mostly for gaming and real listening sessions, which don't happen as often as I like. UM3X get.most of their ear time on my breaks at work.post #59 of 3875/2/13 at 4:32pm
For me its the 2 headphones I recently got in the HE-400 and HD600, both are my first good pairs of HP's and to me they sound better than all the IEM's I had and have heard. Good HP's just sound more grand and spacious (which is a big plus to me) and these 2 have just as good of SQ and clarity as my top-tier IEM's had imo so getting into HP's was a no brainer for me and I'm not looking back though I'm looking to get 1 or 2 pairs of IEM's to get and use for jogging and working out because I sold all my good IEM's after getting the HE-400 (that should tell you how much I like the HE-400).post #60 of 3875/2/13 at 4:48pm
Cheap headphones that I got from the supermarket. $8.99, can't beat the price, for earbuds that you can basically take anywhere. Of course, when I'm at home I use the Denon ADH-1001 (which will probably be the not-the-best for many of you!) but that is a little difficult to carry around. Always afraid I'll break it, so I end up using the earbuds a lot at work. Phillips, I think the brand was. They make basically everything.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone... 57 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › NOS Tubes for Sale! Reflektor, Telefunken, Amperex!! Pelican Case &... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cardas Clear 10 ft Audeze Balanced Gold XLR 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 11 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 11 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...