Grado SR225 and Ultrasone HFI-780. Fun to listen to, not picky of source/power, I'll take either as my main phones any day :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 4post #46 of 3874/26/13 at 2:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 3874/26/13 at 2:08pmpost #48 of 3874/26/13 at 2:14pmpost #49 of 3874/26/13 at 2:50pm
DT770/80 pro. I love the detail (peak in treble) but it somehow also sounds a bit dark (before peak) with emphasis on sub bass. Comfortable for hours too. I can't find a pair of headphones I enjoy more (still looking!).post #50 of 3874/26/13 at 3:53pmpost #51 of 3874/28/13 at 12:05ampost #52 of 3874/28/13 at 1:14amQuote:
Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.post #53 of 3874/28/13 at 6:02ampost #54 of 3874/28/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQon
Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.
o_o. sounds really complicated to do. i don't think it is anything I can try out for myself.post #55 of 3874/28/13 at 9:11ampost #56 of 3874/28/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I'll get some pictures up and going in the FA-011 appreciation thread when I have it reassembled, which depends on whether or not I can sand off this damn acrylic paint off completely or might have to buy the spare cups from Sergei at FA.post #57 of 3875/2/13 at 3:51pm
One pair of headphones that I favored at one time were Soul By Ludacris SL150. I thought the sound was good but got tired of the their trendy look. I passed them on to my niece and she loves them.post #58 of 3875/2/13 at 4:24pmI have plenty of better headphones and earphones, but my HD439 and SE215 still get almost as much ear time as my UM3X, HD598, and DT770 LEs. I have a mic cable for the SE215, and they are built to last, so they get time at the beach, for phone calls, during workouts, and any time I don't want to put my UM3X at risk. The HD439 have a really enjoyable, laid back sound so I use them with my phone when I'm just relaxing around the house or need a headphone to throw in my bag on the go. My HD598 and DT770 are used mostly for gaming and real listening sessions, which don't happen as often as I like. UM3X get.most of their ear time on my breaks at work.post #59 of 3875/2/13 at 4:32pm
For me its the 2 headphones I recently got in the HE-400 and HD600, both are my first good pairs of HP's and to me they sound better than all the IEM's I had and have heard. Good HP's just sound more grand and spacious (which is a big plus to me) and these 2 have just as good of SQ and clarity as my top-tier IEM's had imo so getting into HP's was a no brainer for me and I'm not looking back though I'm looking to get 1 or 2 pairs of IEM's to get and use for jogging and working out because I sold all my good IEM's after getting the HE-400 (that should tell you how much I like the HE-400).post #60 of 3875/2/13 at 4:48pm
Cheap headphones that I got from the supermarket. $8.99, can't beat the price, for earbuds that you can basically take anywhere. Of course, when I'm at home I use the Denon ADH-1001 (which will probably be the not-the-best for many of you!) but that is a little difficult to carry around. Always afraid I'll break it, so I end up using the earbuds a lot at work. Phillips, I think the brand was. They make basically everything.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792 / Dual Mono / 24-192 / DSD128 / SACD ISO... 3 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › My first post in head-fi 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse