Grado SR225 and Ultrasone HFI-780. Fun to listen to, not picky of source/power, I'll take either as my main phones any day :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 4post #46 of 3884/26/13 at 2:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 3884/26/13 at 2:08pmpost #48 of 3884/26/13 at 2:14pmpost #49 of 3884/26/13 at 2:50pm
DT770/80 pro. I love the detail (peak in treble) but it somehow also sounds a bit dark (before peak) with emphasis on sub bass. Comfortable for hours too. I can't find a pair of headphones I enjoy more (still looking!).post #50 of 3884/26/13 at 3:53pmpost #51 of 3884/28/13 at 12:05ampost #52 of 3884/28/13 at 1:14amQuote:
Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.post #53 of 3884/28/13 at 6:02ampost #54 of 3884/28/13 at 6:28amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQon
Since I dropped the wooden cup and haven't bothered resembling it as I'm trying my hardest to sand the acrylic burgundy paint off, mine was balanced xlr dual entry with detachable mini xlr 4 pin (same LCD2 so I can use same cable), dampening on driver and housing and originally I did have a few more resistors for impedence control but I removed them.
o_o. sounds really complicated to do. i don't think it is anything I can try out for myself.post #55 of 3884/28/13 at 9:11ampost #56 of 3884/28/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I'll get some pictures up and going in the FA-011 appreciation thread when I have it reassembled, which depends on whether or not I can sand off this damn acrylic paint off completely or might have to buy the spare cups from Sergei at FA.post #57 of 3885/2/13 at 3:51pm
One pair of headphones that I favored at one time were Soul By Ludacris SL150. I thought the sound was good but got tired of the their trendy look. I passed them on to my niece and she loves them.post #58 of 3885/2/13 at 4:24pmI have plenty of better headphones and earphones, but my HD439 and SE215 still get almost as much ear time as my UM3X, HD598, and DT770 LEs. I have a mic cable for the SE215, and they are built to last, so they get time at the beach, for phone calls, during workouts, and any time I don't want to put my UM3X at risk. The HD439 have a really enjoyable, laid back sound so I use them with my phone when I'm just relaxing around the house or need a headphone to throw in my bag on the go. My HD598 and DT770 are used mostly for gaming and real listening sessions, which don't happen as often as I like. UM3X get.most of their ear time on my breaks at work.post #59 of 3885/2/13 at 4:32pm
For me its the 2 headphones I recently got in the HE-400 and HD600, both are my first good pairs of HP's and to me they sound better than all the IEM's I had and have heard. Good HP's just sound more grand and spacious (which is a big plus to me) and these 2 have just as good of SQ and clarity as my top-tier IEM's had imo so getting into HP's was a no brainer for me and I'm not looking back though I'm looking to get 1 or 2 pairs of IEM's to get and use for jogging and working out because I sold all my good IEM's after getting the HE-400 (that should tell you how much I like the HE-400).post #60 of 3885/2/13 at 4:48pm
Cheap headphones that I got from the supermarket. $8.99, can't beat the price, for earbuds that you can basically take anywhere. Of course, when I'm at home I use the Denon ADH-1001 (which will probably be the not-the-best for many of you!) but that is a little difficult to carry around. Always afraid I'll break it, so I end up using the earbuds a lot at work. Phillips, I think the brand was. They make basically everything.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Three Word Story 5 seconds ago
- › Millett ECC99 for headphones other than K1K 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 9 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 10 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...