Sorry, I didn't read the 1st post, only the title. The headphone that gets the most use is the Sennheiser HD 800 S, so it's my favorite headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 3881/24/16 at 9:10ampost #378 of 3881/24/16 at 9:26ampost #379 of 3881/24/16 at 9:30amQuote:
That puts a good light on to things. Both are hard acts to follow. I take it you are not an IEM user then?post #380 of 3881/24/16 at 11:56amQuote:
I would like to be, but I think my inner ears are shaped strange or something is going on, I can't wear them for more then 5 minutes.
Edited by Fearless1 - 1/24/16 at 8:22pmpost #381 of 3881/25/16 at 3:01am
Superlux HD668b will always hold a place in my heart, it made all my past headphones (Skullcandy, Razer) sound like I had cotton in my ears in comparison. I doubt I'll ever get such a drastic increase in sound quality ever again... maybe when I finally get good speakers.post #382 of 3881/25/16 at 3:06ampost #383 of 3881/25/16 at 6:20amQuote:
You've made me just put those on and enjoy some music with them, dang it.
The HD 202, I mean. I don't have any of those others. 😓. It does help to know someone who does sometimes picks the humble 202's over them.post #384 of 3883/22/16 at 10:03ampost #385 of 3883/24/16 at 4:18pm
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.post #386 of 3883/24/16 at 6:18pmQuote:Hmmmm, those all seem a little rich imo considering the thread title "not the best" headphones?"Originally Posted by HPiper
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.
Do you have any clunkers that you love?post #387 of 3883/25/16 at 3:14amQuote:
I don't consider them to be clunkers but I still have and listen to the first 'real' headphones I ever bought, my Grado 225's. They are almost 20 years old and still going strong. I had to send them in to Grado a few years ago and they pretty much completely rebuilt them, new drivers, and new wiring, but they are still listened to nearly every day.post #388 of 3888/31/16 at 2:15pm
I bought a pair of 7 Euro Vivanco IEMs at the local Saturn (German electronics store) a few years ago and it turned out I used them more than any other IEMs including my fancy custom ones until they broke a while ago - they were just so comfy and nice sounding. I think nice sounding is probably more important than correct ot detailed for me, at least when I´m on the go - which is when I listen to most of my music these days anyway because of weird working hours and several hours commute per day.
I also like my AKG K412P especially with the portable DVD player; they are no bass monsters but there´s a lightness to the presentation that can give the impression that the sound is coming from the player in front of you and not from headphones.
Still, if all of a sudden an Orpheus would appear on the doorstep I woldn´t turn it down.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Three Word Story 3 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-A20 SERIES 4 minutes ago
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...