Sorry, I didn't read the 1st post, only the title. The headphone that gets the most use is the Sennheiser HD 800 S, so it's my favorite headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 3871/24/16 at 9:10ampost #378 of 3871/24/16 at 9:26ampost #379 of 3871/24/16 at 9:30amQuote:
That puts a good light on to things. Both are hard acts to follow. I take it you are not an IEM user then?post #380 of 3871/24/16 at 11:56amQuote:
I would like to be, but I think my inner ears are shaped strange or something is going on, I can't wear them for more then 5 minutes.
Edited by Fearless1 - 1/24/16 at 8:22pmpost #381 of 3871/25/16 at 3:01am
Superlux HD668b will always hold a place in my heart, it made all my past headphones (Skullcandy, Razer) sound like I had cotton in my ears in comparison. I doubt I'll ever get such a drastic increase in sound quality ever again... maybe when I finally get good speakers.post #382 of 3871/25/16 at 3:06ampost #383 of 3871/25/16 at 6:20amQuote:
You've made me just put those on and enjoy some music with them, dang it.
The HD 202, I mean. I don't have any of those others. 😓. It does help to know someone who does sometimes picks the humble 202's over them.post #384 of 3873/22/16 at 10:03ampost #385 of 3873/24/16 at 4:18pm
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.post #386 of 3873/24/16 at 6:18pmQuote:Hmmmm, those all seem a little rich imo considering the thread title "not the best" headphones?"Originally Posted by HPiper
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.
Do you have any clunkers that you love?post #387 of 3873/25/16 at 3:14amQuote:
I don't consider them to be clunkers but I still have and listen to the first 'real' headphones I ever bought, my Grado 225's. They are almost 20 years old and still going strong. I had to send them in to Grado a few years ago and they pretty much completely rebuilt them, new drivers, and new wiring, but they are still listened to nearly every day.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › High End Universal IEM's Comparison Table 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart (low serial number guaranteed) 3 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - October 2016 (date TBD) 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for comfortable closed back headphone upgrade from Audio... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...