Sorry, I didn't read the 1st post, only the title. The headphone that gets the most use is the Sennheiser HD 800 S, so it's my favorite headphone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 26
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 3871/24/16 at 9:10ampost #378 of 3871/24/16 at 9:26ampost #379 of 3871/24/16 at 9:30amQuote:
That puts a good light on to things. Both are hard acts to follow. I take it you are not an IEM user then?post #380 of 3871/24/16 at 11:56amQuote:
I would like to be, but I think my inner ears are shaped strange or something is going on, I can't wear them for more then 5 minutes.
Edited by Fearless1 - 1/24/16 at 8:22pmpost #381 of 3871/25/16 at 3:01am
Superlux HD668b will always hold a place in my heart, it made all my past headphones (Skullcandy, Razer) sound like I had cotton in my ears in comparison. I doubt I'll ever get such a drastic increase in sound quality ever again... maybe when I finally get good speakers.post #382 of 3871/25/16 at 3:06ampost #383 of 3871/25/16 at 6:20amQuote:
You've made me just put those on and enjoy some music with them, dang it.
The HD 202, I mean. I don't have any of those others. 😓. It does help to know someone who does sometimes picks the humble 202's over them.post #384 of 3873/22/16 at 10:03ampost #385 of 3873/24/16 at 4:18pm
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.post #386 of 3873/24/16 at 6:18pmQuote:Hmmmm, those all seem a little rich imo considering the thread title "not the best" headphones?"Originally Posted by HPiper
Interesting thread, made me think for a while. As to the best headphones I have, no question it is the HD800's. But the phones I LIKE the best well I judge that by which do I listen to the most. When I just want to enjoy some music and relax, what do I usually grab. That honor has to be split between my HD650's and the Audeze LCD2's, with the nod going to the HD650's. Incredibly comfortable headphone while also being very accurate and enjoyable to listen to. The LCD2 would get the nod if they were just a bit lighter and more comfortable.
Do you have any clunkers that you love?post #387 of 3873/25/16 at 3:14amQuote:
I don't consider them to be clunkers but I still have and listen to the first 'real' headphones I ever bought, my Grado 225's. They are almost 20 years old and still going strong. I had to send them in to Grado a few years ago and they pretty much completely rebuilt them, new drivers, and new wiring, but they are still listened to nearly every day.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Red Wine Audio Audeze Amp 2 seconds ago
- › Got the Blues? 43 seconds ago
- › Official FiiO X1 beta firmware download and discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › GTA Spring 2016 meet 8 minutes ago
- › New Rockbox Sound Settings 9 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...