And a to another Aussie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Spotify and Setup Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The first one that pops to mind is the Klipsch X10. Doesn't do anything poorly, has a very inviting sound, and manages to be both detailed and smooth enough at the same time to allow me to really enjoy what I'm hearing. Plus, being the most comfortable IEMs I've ever worn by a pretty sizable margin doesn't hurt. My vote for best overall entry-phone into great sound.
As for cans, I'd have to say the HD25-1 II. Not the best sound, nor the most comfortable-- but I continually find myself in a position where they're the best option I have, and I still really enjoy the sound. Gotta be the best beater-cans on the planet ;).
And I'm waiting for somebody to say their O2 or 009 are their 'not the best.' Mainly so I can give them a noogie.
As you said not the best sound, nor the most comfortable. So I don't use them much.
For portability, iems are a better option to me.
Agreed. But sometimes a full-sized can just says "please make zero attempt to engage me in conversation" that a relatively unobtrusive IEM somehow doesn't covey. To some people at least. :)
So we can put a vote in for IEMs....in which case the BA200/GR01s. Both aren't as tight or linear as I'd like but the smoothness and beautiful sig won my heart several times over. Would try and buy them again if I had the chance.
Modded FA-011 because it sounds very similar to my LCD2's and the Sony MDR CD950's because it resembles the sound very close to that of my Lambda Pro, younger brother of my CD3k's which I don't know where it went but they are my favourite too. All 3 have extremely seducing musicality abilities but if comparing reference of sound wise to that of high end, they are not even remotely close.
I also love the sound of my FA-011's, especially the deep and satisfying bass. I was wondering what mods you did to your FA-011's?
I think the AKG K540 is a really bad set of cans for the price of $100, and I'm not even an audiophile at all. But I had the most enjoyement out of my music with the Philips SBC HP400 headphones a few years back.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 4 minutes ago
- › Help with improving gaming headset quality 4 minutes ago
- › Westone Signature W-series W50 & W60 4 minutes ago
- › Name our latest soon to be released product from ROCK JAW 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)