And a to another Aussie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 3post #31 of 3034/24/13 at 5:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3034/24/13 at 5:22pmpost #33 of 3034/24/13 at 5:30pmpost #34 of 3034/24/13 at 5:42pmpost #35 of 3034/24/13 at 7:20pmpost #36 of 3034/24/13 at 7:35pmpost #37 of 3034/24/13 at 7:41pmLCD2s, any day of the week, I may swap to HD558s or my heir 8.As, but for sheer comfort and listening nirvana any time of the day(when I'm home) it's always the LCD2s. I know they're not exactly a lower end headphone but they're the pair that really makes all my music pop, and I find them freakishly comfortable so I always find myself using thempost #38 of 3034/24/13 at 7:54pm
The first one that pops to mind is the Klipsch X10. Doesn't do anything poorly, has a very inviting sound, and manages to be both detailed and smooth enough at the same time to allow me to really enjoy what I'm hearing. Plus, being the most comfortable IEMs I've ever worn by a pretty sizable margin doesn't hurt. My vote for best overall entry-phone into great sound.
As for cans, I'd have to say the HD25-1 II. Not the best sound, nor the most comfortable-- but I continually find myself in a position where they're the best option I have, and I still really enjoy the sound. Gotta be the best beater-cans on the planet ;).
And I'm waiting for somebody to say their O2 or 009 are their 'not the best.' Mainly so I can give them a noogie.post #39 of 3034/24/13 at 8:01pmpost #40 of 3034/24/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
As you said not the best sound, nor the most comfortable. So I don't use them much.
For portability, iems are a better option to me.post #41 of 3034/24/13 at 8:28pm
Agreed. But sometimes a full-sized can just says "please make zero attempt to engage me in conversation" that a relatively unobtrusive IEM somehow doesn't covey. To some people at least. :)post #42 of 3034/24/13 at 8:37pm
So we can put a vote in for IEMs....in which case the BA200/GR01s. Both aren't as tight or linear as I'd like but the smoothness and beautiful sig won my heart several times over. Would try and buy them again if I had the chance.post #43 of 3034/26/13 at 11:04amQuote:Originally Posted by DefQon
Modded FA-011 because it sounds very similar to my LCD2's and the Sony MDR CD950's because it resembles the sound very close to that of my Lambda Pro, younger brother of my CD3k's which I don't know where it went but they are my favourite too. All 3 have extremely seducing musicality abilities but if comparing reference of sound wise to that of high end, they are not even remotely close.
I also love the sound of my FA-011's, especially the deep and satisfying bass. I was wondering what mods you did to your FA-011's?post #44 of 3034/26/13 at 11:17ampost #45 of 3034/26/13 at 11:43am
I think the AKG K540 is a really bad set of cans for the price of $100, and I'm not even an audiophile at all. But I had the most enjoyement out of my music with the Philips SBC HP400 headphones a few years back.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 22 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 39 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Sexiest headphones. 1 minute ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Comply T500 Foam Tips Review 3 minutes ago
- › Where to Find Legal Lossless Downloads 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3