And a to another Aussie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Spotify and Setup Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The first one that pops to mind is the Klipsch X10. Doesn't do anything poorly, has a very inviting sound, and manages to be both detailed and smooth enough at the same time to allow me to really enjoy what I'm hearing. Plus, being the most comfortable IEMs I've ever worn by a pretty sizable margin doesn't hurt. My vote for best overall entry-phone into great sound.
As for cans, I'd have to say the HD25-1 II. Not the best sound, nor the most comfortable-- but I continually find myself in a position where they're the best option I have, and I still really enjoy the sound. Gotta be the best beater-cans on the planet ;).
And I'm waiting for somebody to say their O2 or 009 are their 'not the best.' Mainly so I can give them a noogie.
As you said not the best sound, nor the most comfortable. So I don't use them much.
For portability, iems are a better option to me.
Agreed. But sometimes a full-sized can just says "please make zero attempt to engage me in conversation" that a relatively unobtrusive IEM somehow doesn't covey. To some people at least. :)
So we can put a vote in for IEMs....in which case the BA200/GR01s. Both aren't as tight or linear as I'd like but the smoothness and beautiful sig won my heart several times over. Would try and buy them again if I had the chance.
Modded FA-011 because it sounds very similar to my LCD2's and the Sony MDR CD950's because it resembles the sound very close to that of my Lambda Pro, younger brother of my CD3k's which I don't know where it went but they are my favourite too. All 3 have extremely seducing musicality abilities but if comparing reference of sound wise to that of high end, they are not even remotely close.
I also love the sound of my FA-011's, especially the deep and satisfying bass. I was wondering what mods you did to your FA-011's?
I think the AKG K540 is a really bad set of cans for the price of $100, and I'm not even an audiophile at all. But I had the most enjoyement out of my music with the Philips SBC HP400 headphones a few years back.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › hd650 enquiry 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 5 minutes ago
- › [T-PEOS] Announce Closing Preorder of Altone200 and Start Official... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Need new headphones/ How to listen to music 7 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)