And a to another Aussie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Spotify and Setup Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The first one that pops to mind is the Klipsch X10. Doesn't do anything poorly, has a very inviting sound, and manages to be both detailed and smooth enough at the same time to allow me to really enjoy what I'm hearing. Plus, being the most comfortable IEMs I've ever worn by a pretty sizable margin doesn't hurt. My vote for best overall entry-phone into great sound.
As for cans, I'd have to say the HD25-1 II. Not the best sound, nor the most comfortable-- but I continually find myself in a position where they're the best option I have, and I still really enjoy the sound. Gotta be the best beater-cans on the planet ;).
And I'm waiting for somebody to say their O2 or 009 are their 'not the best.' Mainly so I can give them a noogie.
As you said not the best sound, nor the most comfortable. So I don't use them much.
For portability, iems are a better option to me.
Agreed. But sometimes a full-sized can just says "please make zero attempt to engage me in conversation" that a relatively unobtrusive IEM somehow doesn't covey. To some people at least. :)
So we can put a vote in for IEMs....in which case the BA200/GR01s. Both aren't as tight or linear as I'd like but the smoothness and beautiful sig won my heart several times over. Would try and buy them again if I had the chance.
Modded FA-011 because it sounds very similar to my LCD2's and the Sony MDR CD950's because it resembles the sound very close to that of my Lambda Pro, younger brother of my CD3k's which I don't know where it went but they are my favourite too. All 3 have extremely seducing musicality abilities but if comparing reference of sound wise to that of high end, they are not even remotely close.
I also love the sound of my FA-011's, especially the deep and satisfying bass. I was wondering what mods you did to your FA-011's?
I think the AKG K540 is a really bad set of cans for the price of $100, and I'm not even an audiophile at all. But I had the most enjoyement out of my music with the Philips SBC HP400 headphones a few years back.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 42 seconds ago
- › AKG Q701 Quincy Jones Edition is killed? 42 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3