Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 20

post #286 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post

I see ..I was just talking about aesthetic differences
The 612 with all the love they are getting , sure are on my wishlist  !

Ah I see, they are worth trying. The aesthetic differences are quite different between the two. The ear capsules are smaller on the K612 and the plastic is of lower quality compare to the K712, not sure about the Q701, 702, etc on top of my head. Some reason I seriously think there is some metal on the K712, the outer part of the earcups are very hard like metal and sort of cold to the touch. The K712 has sort of a textured and matte finish to them. The headband wires feel textured compared to the K612s smooth headband wires. There are quite a few differences in aesthetics and build between the two. The K712 is very well made and very solid feeling in my hands. They feel better made than my Beyers I had in the past.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/2/14 at 8:01am
post #287 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post


Ah I see, they are worth trying. The aesthetic differences are quite different between the two. The ear capsules are smaller on the K612 and the plastic is of lower quality compare to the K712, not sure about the Q701, 702, etc on top of my head. Some reason I seriously think there is some metal on the K712, the outer part of the earcups are very hard like metal and sort of cold to the touch. The K712 has sort of a textured and matte finish to them. The headband wires feel textured compared to the K612s smooth headband wires. There are quite a few differences in aesthetics and build between the two. The K712 is very well made and very solid feeling in my hands. They feel better made than my Beyers I had in the past.

Well ....that is good to hear , the 702 IMO are very poorly built , they look nice but feel very very cheap  

post #288 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post

Well ....that is good to hear , the 702 IMO are very poorly built , they look nice but feel very very cheap  

Do you have one of the older dark blue Austrian made pairs or the new black Chinese made pair? I have only seen and felt the Austrain made pairs in person and I always thought they were well made despite being almost all plastic.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/2/14 at 8:43am
post #289 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post


Do you have one of the older dark blue Austrian made pairs or the new black Chinese made pair? I have only seen and felt the Austrain made pairs in person and I always thought they were well made despite being all plastic.

I have the made in China version 

 

As far as I know the 702 went through 3 main revisions - 

 

1) The "AKG Reference Headphones" and "Made In Austria"  labels were pressed in the early versions 

2) The pressed versions were now replaced by printed labels 

3) China Revision - Bumps gone , old AKG logo on the elastic part replaced by a "AKG" label without the 3 cardioid signature logo 

 

There might be other changes in the revisions , these are the ones I could figure out 

AKG confirmed that they use the same machines while manufacturing and I doubt they might change their OEM due to cost issues/ties etc 

OEM of the plastic that is 


Edited by MrTechAgent - 5/2/14 at 8:54am
post #290 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post
 

I have the made in China version 

 

As far as I know the 702 went through 3 main revisions - 

 

1) The "AKG Reference Headphones" and "Made In Austria"  labels were pressed in the early versions 

2) The pressed versions were now replaced by printed labels 

3) China Revision - Bumps gone , old AKG logo on the elastic part replaced by a "AKG" label without the 3 cardioid signature logo 

 

There might be other changes in the revisions , these are the ones I could figure out 

AKG confirmed that they use the same machines while manufacturing and I doubt they might change their OEM due to cost issues/ties etc 

OEM of the plastic that is 


Ah I see. I do know when they switched the K240 over to China they suffered lesser build quality, mainly cheaper and flimsier plastic which I personally confirmed, the Austrian K240 felt more robust and better put together. I am wondering if the same happened to the K702, the change in plastic color and headband(the texture looks different in pictures) indicates some of the materials used to manufacture it were likely changed. Because the K702 I tried, I would not describe as cheap feeling.

post #291 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post
 


Ah I see. I do know when they switched the K240 over to China they suffered lesser build quality, mainly cheaper and flimsier plastic which I personally confirmed, the Austrian K240 felt more robust and better put together. I am wondering if the same happened to the K702, the change in plastic color and headband(the texture looks different in pictures) indicates some of the materials used to manufacture it were likely changed. Because the K702 I tried, I would not describe as cheap feeling.

Oh , man this sucks ...I'm stuck with the lesser 702 :P

post #292 of 303
Grado SR80i, after, breaking in and the clamp force and the ear pad scratchiness went away.
post #293 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTechAgent View Post
 

Oh , man this sucks ...I'm stuck with the lesser 702 :P


It's depressing when manufacturers shift a products manufacture location and the build quality is impacted in a negative way. The suppliers of materials likely changed because of the manufacturing move. The K702 should be on-par if not better than the HD 600/650 in terms of build quality.


Edited by kman1211 - 5/2/14 at 10:27am
post #294 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman1211 View Post
 


It's depressing when manufacturers shift a products manufacture location and the build quality is impacted in a negative way. The suppliers of materials likely changed because of the manufacturing move. The K702 should be on-par if not better than the HD 600/650 in terms of build quality.

 

True 

post #295 of 303
Superlux Evo getting a lot of headtime over more expensive cans which is kinda depressing :-/

Sennheiser CX 680 my favorite workout headphones after trying a bunch recently.
post #296 of 303

KRK KNS 8400. Hated them when I got them, but I absolutely love them now. Planars came and went, but these were always appreciated.

post #297 of 303

RS2 :beerchug: 

post #298 of 303

2nd the RS2 imperfect yes (bright) but tons of detail and speed and amazing with un-amped portable devices,

post #299 of 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post
 

RS2 :beerchug: 

 

LB - question for you.

 

I owned an SR325i, woodied it, change headband etc.  Loved it.  Really loved it.  The treble peaks didn't bother me.

 

Sold it to chase other headphones.  Ended up along the way with an RS1.  Enjoyed it, but found it too smooth - didn't have the in-your-face, on-the-stage energy that I loved about the 325i.  Would the RS2 take me closer to that?  Is it brighter / more aggressive than the RS1?

post #300 of 303

I also thought the RS 1 too smooth but with a bigger sound stage The RS2 has that in your face sound

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Your favourite "not the best" headphones?