A pair of Sony Ericsson IEMs... enjoying the music, nothing in-between.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3034/30/14 at 8:55ampost #273 of 3034/30/14 at 8:59ampost #274 of 3034/30/14 at 12:42pmpost #275 of 3034/30/14 at 12:58pmpost #276 of 3034/30/14 at 1:18pmpost #277 of 3034/30/14 at 3:09pmpost #278 of 3034/30/14 at 4:21pmpost #279 of 3034/30/14 at 5:19pmpost #280 of 3034/30/14 at 8:00pmpost #281 of 3035/1/14 at 5:12ampost #282 of 3035/1/14 at 5:21am
I have to agree. I have the K612 and the K712. While the K712 is slightly more refined. The K612 is noticaebly more transparent and natural sounding. I only like the K712 more overall because of the comfort. Sonically I prefer the K612.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/1/14 at 5:44ampost #283 of 3035/2/14 at 3:25amQuote:
Is it because of the stiff foam inside the 612 vs the memory foam on the 712 ?
Otherwise... I think they are the same , 612 being more light and 712 being just a bit largerpost #284 of 3035/2/14 at 7:28amQuote:
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined and colored. I found the K6 series more transparent and natural.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/2/14 at 7:33ampost #285 of 3035/2/14 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by kman1211
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined but the K6 series is more transparent.
I see ..I was just talking about aesthetic differences
The 612 with all the love they are getting , sure are on my wishlist !
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › "The Lab" 3 seconds ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 31 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › Are amps necessary? 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted! 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New cable for AD2000 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 4 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2