A pair of Sony Ericsson IEMs... enjoying the music, nothing in-between.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3874/30/14 at 8:55ampost #273 of 3874/30/14 at 8:59ampost #274 of 3874/30/14 at 12:42pmpost #275 of 3874/30/14 at 12:58pmpost #276 of 3874/30/14 at 1:18pmpost #277 of 3874/30/14 at 3:09pmpost #278 of 3874/30/14 at 4:21pmpost #279 of 3874/30/14 at 5:19pmpost #280 of 3874/30/14 at 8:00pmpost #281 of 3875/1/14 at 5:12ampost #282 of 3875/1/14 at 5:21am
I have to agree. I have the K612 and the K712. While the K712 is slightly more refined. The K612 is noticaebly more transparent and natural sounding. I only like the K712 more overall because of the comfort. Sonically I prefer the K612.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/1/14 at 5:44ampost #283 of 3875/2/14 at 3:25amQuote:
Is it because of the stiff foam inside the 612 vs the memory foam on the 712 ?
Otherwise... I think they are the same , 612 being more light and 712 being just a bit largerpost #284 of 3875/2/14 at 7:28amQuote:
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined and colored. I found the K6 series more transparent and natural.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/2/14 at 7:33ampost #285 of 3875/2/14 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by kman1211
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined but the K6 series is more transparent.
I see ..I was just talking about aesthetic differences
The 612 with all the love they are getting , sure are on my wishlist !
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 5 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 23 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD25-1 ii (Used 15 Minutes) (HD25 HD251-ii HD251ii) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 5 minutes ago
- › Big Sale! -- Momentum 2.0 (sealed), Momentum 1.0, Focal Spirit... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 8 minutes ago
- › Good iPhone lightning DAC/amp solutions? 8 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...