A pair of Sony Ericsson IEMs... enjoying the music, nothing in-between.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3884/30/14 at 8:55ampost #273 of 3884/30/14 at 8:59ampost #274 of 3884/30/14 at 12:42pmpost #275 of 3884/30/14 at 12:58pmpost #276 of 3884/30/14 at 1:18pmpost #277 of 3884/30/14 at 3:09pmpost #278 of 3884/30/14 at 4:21pmpost #279 of 3884/30/14 at 5:19pmpost #280 of 3884/30/14 at 8:00pmpost #281 of 3885/1/14 at 5:12ampost #282 of 3885/1/14 at 5:21am
I have to agree. I have the K612 and the K712. While the K712 is slightly more refined. The K612 is noticaebly more transparent and natural sounding. I only like the K712 more overall because of the comfort. Sonically I prefer the K612.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/1/14 at 5:44ampost #283 of 3885/2/14 at 3:25amQuote:
Is it because of the stiff foam inside the 612 vs the memory foam on the 712 ?
Otherwise... I think they are the same , 612 being more light and 712 being just a bit largerpost #284 of 3885/2/14 at 7:28amQuote:
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined and colored. I found the K6 series more transparent and natural.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/2/14 at 7:33ampost #285 of 3885/2/14 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by kman1211
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined but the K6 series is more transparent.
I see ..I was just talking about aesthetic differences
The 612 with all the love they are getting , sure are on my wishlist !
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 6 seconds ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › New AKG K92, K72 and K52 Closed-Back Headphones 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN’s HE1000 Upgrade Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Headphone amp for 16 ohm COP or 80 ohm DT770? 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...