A pair of Sony Ericsson IEMs... enjoying the music, nothing in-between.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 3034/30/14 at 8:55ampost #273 of 3034/30/14 at 8:59ampost #274 of 3034/30/14 at 12:42pmpost #275 of 3034/30/14 at 12:58pmpost #276 of 3034/30/14 at 1:18pmpost #277 of 3034/30/14 at 3:09pmpost #278 of 3034/30/14 at 4:21pmpost #279 of 3034/30/14 at 5:19pmpost #280 of 3034/30/14 at 8:00pmpost #281 of 3035/1/14 at 5:12ampost #282 of 3035/1/14 at 5:21am
I have to agree. I have the K612 and the K712. While the K712 is slightly more refined. The K612 is noticaebly more transparent and natural sounding. I only like the K712 more overall because of the comfort. Sonically I prefer the K612.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/1/14 at 5:44ampost #283 of 3035/2/14 at 3:25amQuote:
Is it because of the stiff foam inside the 612 vs the memory foam on the 712 ?
Otherwise... I think they are the same , 612 being more light and 712 being just a bit largerpost #284 of 3035/2/14 at 7:28amQuote:
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined and colored. I found the K6 series more transparent and natural.
Edited by kman1211 - 5/2/14 at 7:33ampost #285 of 3035/2/14 at 7:33amQuote:Originally Posted by kman1211
The changes are not because of the pads as the headphones react very different with the same pads. I swapped the pads and the K612 still stayed more transparent even though the bass had a massive boost with the K712 pads. The K712s transparency didn't increase all that much with the K612 pads. The K612s drivers and the K712s drivers sound inherently different from each other. While all the K7 series sound similar with some different tuning and pads among models. The K6 series are a different sounding beast altogether. I found the K7 series a little more refined but the K6 series is more transparent.
I see ..I was just talking about aesthetic differences
The 612 with all the love they are getting , sure are on my wishlist !
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headphones that imitate full sized speakers? 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Custom In-Ear Mold Recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 5 minutes ago
- › Mixing on headphones Myth 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3