Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100, and Venture Electronics Monk a short while ago, I proved that I was...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 13post #181 of 3878/6/13 at 7:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 3878/6/13 at 7:51ampost #183 of 3878/6/13 at 9:57amQuote:
my reason for saying that it has derailed was because the whole threads topic was about headphones that weren't necessarily "Hi-Fi" but were still good fun, however now the thread has reached the point where it is the same as, let's say a forum disputing which flagship headphones are most appealed, or a thread about what headphones are the best headphonespost #184 of 3878/6/13 at 10:05amQuote:
That's a bit logical, people are just trying to explain why they would "not look for the best".
If they indicate at same time a "lesser" model they enjoy more, I'd think it's on topic.post #185 of 3878/6/13 at 10:17am
I think the point of the thread is to identify phones that may exceed strongly in one area, but not in others, but that one area makes them great to use.
For instance, ATH W3000ANVs for their great vocals.post #186 of 3878/6/13 at 12:52pmQuote:Quote:
fair enoughpost #187 of 3878/6/13 at 12:55pmpost #188 of 3878/6/13 at 12:57pmAlso remember that with different budgets come different mentalities; to someone who has the 1.5k to throw away on an LCD-3, the HD650 seems like "good but not the best," whereas to me, HD650s are as high as I will go unless I get a much better job, so to me, my "favorite not the best" phones are (like you) the HD439 and SE215.Quote:Originally Posted by EuphonicArin
my reason for saying that it has derailed was because the whole threads topic was about headphones that weren't necessarily "Hi-Fi" but were still good fun, however now the thread has reached the point where it is the same as, let's say a forum disputing which flagship headphones are most appealed, or a thread about what headphones are the best headphonespost #189 of 3878/6/13 at 12:59pmpost #190 of 3878/6/13 at 3:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Also remember that with different budgets come different mentalities; to someone who has the 1.5k to throw away on an LCD-3, the HD650 seems like "good but not the best," whereas to me, HD650s are as high as I will go unless I get a much better job, so to me, my "favorite not the best" phones are (like you) the HD439 and SE215.
BTW After I did the extra holes mod my headphones, in combination with the open back + no fabric are sounding: extra detailed, have great speed, and have a nicer mids, bass, and treblepost #191 of 3878/6/13 at 9:05pm
+1 to add to this topic -- the word "favourite" (OP must be British or something,,, anyway back on topic) somewhat qualifies what this thread is about. To me that represents a headphone that you keep coming back to over and over even though you have technically better performing headphones in your stable. I don't think the intent is to list headphones that are simply 'best sound for buck.' For example I have a Koss Portapro that is by all accounts a great 'sound for buck' headphone, but I didn't list it simply because I do not listen to it that much - it's not my favorite go-to headphone. This I think widens what can be posted here - the scope is as wide as the headphone market is basically.post #192 of 3878/6/13 at 11:12pmAnyone who lives in a commonwealth country that had been under british rule uses british english too. So anyway yeah the vote for favourite not the best headphone is for headphones that we still like even though we have possesion to more expensive and capable gear. This cannot apply to those who only have one headphone thoughpost #193 of 3878/6/13 at 11:38pmpost #194 of 3878/7/13 at 8:27am
Sweet, I might try that when I have some extra dough for a second pair.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 30 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 31 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Wireless headphones for PC/games and music 1 minute ago
- › Custom HiFiMAN Braided Cable 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse