Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
I first started with the ath a900x which i fell in love with. Recently they broke, and i did not have the money to purchases them again or the newer model. So i took a chance and got the a550z, for...
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 13post #181 of 3888/6/13 at 7:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 3888/6/13 at 7:51ampost #183 of 3888/6/13 at 9:57amQuote:
my reason for saying that it has derailed was because the whole threads topic was about headphones that weren't necessarily "Hi-Fi" but were still good fun, however now the thread has reached the point where it is the same as, let's say a forum disputing which flagship headphones are most appealed, or a thread about what headphones are the best headphonespost #184 of 3888/6/13 at 10:05amQuote:
That's a bit logical, people are just trying to explain why they would "not look for the best".
If they indicate at same time a "lesser" model they enjoy more, I'd think it's on topic.post #185 of 3888/6/13 at 10:17am
I think the point of the thread is to identify phones that may exceed strongly in one area, but not in others, but that one area makes them great to use.
For instance, ATH W3000ANVs for their great vocals.post #186 of 3888/6/13 at 12:52pmQuote:Quote:
fair enoughpost #187 of 3888/6/13 at 12:55pmpost #188 of 3888/6/13 at 12:57pmAlso remember that with different budgets come different mentalities; to someone who has the 1.5k to throw away on an LCD-3, the HD650 seems like "good but not the best," whereas to me, HD650s are as high as I will go unless I get a much better job, so to me, my "favorite not the best" phones are (like you) the HD439 and SE215.Quote:Originally Posted by EuphonicArin
my reason for saying that it has derailed was because the whole threads topic was about headphones that weren't necessarily "Hi-Fi" but were still good fun, however now the thread has reached the point where it is the same as, let's say a forum disputing which flagship headphones are most appealed, or a thread about what headphones are the best headphonespost #189 of 3888/6/13 at 12:59pmpost #190 of 3888/6/13 at 3:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Also remember that with different budgets come different mentalities; to someone who has the 1.5k to throw away on an LCD-3, the HD650 seems like "good but not the best," whereas to me, HD650s are as high as I will go unless I get a much better job, so to me, my "favorite not the best" phones are (like you) the HD439 and SE215.
BTW After I did the extra holes mod my headphones, in combination with the open back + no fabric are sounding: extra detailed, have great speed, and have a nicer mids, bass, and treblepost #191 of 3888/6/13 at 9:05pm
+1 to add to this topic -- the word "favourite" (OP must be British or something,,, anyway back on topic) somewhat qualifies what this thread is about. To me that represents a headphone that you keep coming back to over and over even though you have technically better performing headphones in your stable. I don't think the intent is to list headphones that are simply 'best sound for buck.' For example I have a Koss Portapro that is by all accounts a great 'sound for buck' headphone, but I didn't list it simply because I do not listen to it that much - it's not my favorite go-to headphone. This I think widens what can be posted here - the scope is as wide as the headphone market is basically.post #192 of 3888/6/13 at 11:12pmAnyone who lives in a commonwealth country that had been under british rule uses british english too. So anyway yeah the vote for favourite not the best headphone is for headphones that we still like even though we have possesion to more expensive and capable gear. This cannot apply to those who only have one headphone thoughpost #193 of 3888/6/13 at 11:38pmpost #194 of 3888/7/13 at 8:27am
Sweet, I might try that when I have some extra dough for a second pair.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Like New Focal Elear 8 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 40 seconds ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › R2R/multibit vs Delta-Sigma - Is There A Measurable Scientific... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...