Sennheiser HD430. Mostly I just look at them now and wish they'd turn into a pair of HD600s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I heard the Fostex TH7B recently an didnt want to stop listening They just sounded fun and warm and refined like a wave a warm gentle sounds hit your body, cleansing it from all the lossiness and giving it a sound that is like a cool wind that makes you pedantic towards the audio
Well, this is Head-Fi.
For me my favorite "not the best" cans in my collection would be the Denon D5k and the AT A900X. For IEMs, the PFE112 give everything else in my collection a decent run for their money.
Alessandro MS1i /w modded L-cush pads. Though inferior in soundstage, seperation and detail and several other aspecs, they are immensely fun to listen to and is my best spent money so far.
Hey, value is relative. I find that my HF2 and AD1000PRM give my HD 580 (black drivers, HD 600 grills) a beating on certain genres. The Grados excel in metal and pop while the Audio Technicas are best for strings and vocals.
They are pretty niche headphones, but their voicing makes them flagship level in those areas while being much lighter on the source/amplifier requirement.
Right now, it's the RSA SA950i. Awesome can on a budget (only $60), very comfortable, musical, warm and lush and reasonably detailed and balanced across the spectrum. It's got a natural tone for it that's for sure. Bass is punchy and has some good texture. Highs are slightly rolled off but it makes for very smooth listening and it responds well to EQ if you want to boost the treble a bit. The detachable iPhone cable comes in handy big time. It's become my favorite grab-and-go headphone, since it's so portable and it isolates pretty well. Even though it's not up there sonically with the likes of an Amperior or a DT1350, I find myself just jamming and toe-tapping to my music a bit more with these. Also comes with 3-year warranty which is icing on the cake IMO.
Not to mention, they look pretty sweet in a very elegant, understated kind of way.
Maybe not the " So called Best" but they punch way above their price and work well out of an ipod or a decent rig as well. I still use these to judge what is " Better" they work so well with everything!!!
Edited by Magicman74 - 4/24/13 at 1:41pm
I like my srh940 even after getting the hd800.
They just sound "enough good" to me, and I don't have to take additional care because it's too expensive.
I like also my yamaha eph-100 iem, same reason.
My Stax SR-5.
Probably the only thing standing between me and a full SR-009/BHSE setup.
I have listened to a few TOTL Stax setups but keep coming back to the SR-5.
Powered out of a Woo WEE, they sound just right.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [WTS] JH13 Freqphase Custom IEM 7 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 14 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 14 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 25 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 49 seconds ago
- › New member 51 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2