Sennheiser HD430. Mostly I just look at them now and wish they'd turn into a pair of HD600s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Spotify and Setup Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I heard the Fostex TH7B recently an didnt want to stop listening They just sounded fun and warm and refined like a wave a warm gentle sounds hit your body, cleansing it from all the lossiness and giving it a sound that is like a cool wind that makes you pedantic towards the audio
Well, this is Head-Fi.
For me my favorite "not the best" cans in my collection would be the Denon D5k and the AT A900X. For IEMs, the PFE112 give everything else in my collection a decent run for their money.
Alessandro MS1i /w modded L-cush pads. Though inferior in soundstage, seperation and detail and several other aspecs, they are immensely fun to listen to and is my best spent money so far.
Hey, value is relative. I find that my HF2 and AD1000PRM give my HD 580 (black drivers, HD 600 grills) a beating on certain genres. The Grados excel in metal and pop while the Audio Technicas are best for strings and vocals.
They are pretty niche headphones, but their voicing makes them flagship level in those areas while being much lighter on the source/amplifier requirement.
Right now, it's the RSA SA950i. Awesome can on a budget (only $60), very comfortable, musical, warm and lush and reasonably detailed and balanced across the spectrum. It's got a natural tone for it that's for sure. Bass is punchy and has some good texture. Highs are slightly rolled off but it makes for very smooth listening and it responds well to EQ if you want to boost the treble a bit. The detachable iPhone cable comes in handy big time. It's become my favorite grab-and-go headphone, since it's so portable and it isolates pretty well. Even though it's not up there sonically with the likes of an Amperior or a DT1350, I find myself just jamming and toe-tapping to my music a bit more with these. Also comes with 3-year warranty which is icing on the cake IMO.
Not to mention, they look pretty sweet in a very elegant, understated kind of way.
Maybe not the " So called Best" but they punch way above their price and work well out of an ipod or a decent rig as well. I still use these to judge what is " Better" they work so well with everything!!!
Edited by Magicman74 - 4/24/13 at 1:41pm
I like my srh940 even after getting the hd800.
They just sound "enough good" to me, and I don't have to take additional care because it's too expensive.
I like also my yamaha eph-100 iem, same reason.
My Stax SR-5.
Probably the only thing standing between me and a full SR-009/BHSE setup.
I have listened to a few TOTL Stax setups but keep coming back to the SR-5.
Powered out of a Woo WEE, they sound just right.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GREATEST FPS SOUND EXPERIMENT! 8 seconds ago
- › Brother in law stubborn and ignorant about headphones 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 9 minutes ago
- › Is the HE-500 as dark as the HD650? 10 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)