Sennheiser HD430. Mostly I just look at them now and wish they'd turn into a pair of HD600s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Spotify and Setup Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphone Advice Last post on 11/7/13 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2504/23/13 at 9:23pmI heard the Fostex TH7B recently an didnt want to stop listening They just sounded fun and warm and refined like a wave a warm gentle sounds hit your body, cleansing it from all the lossiness and giving it a sound that is like a cool wind that makes you pedantic towards the audiopost #18 of 2504/24/13 at 12:13amQuote:I see what you did there.Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx-
I heard the Fostex TH7B recently an didnt want to stop listening They just sounded fun and warm and refined like a wave a warm gentle sounds hit your body, cleansing it from all the lossiness and giving it a sound that is like a cool wind that makes you pedantic towards the audiopost #19 of 2504/24/13 at 12:43ampost #20 of 2504/24/13 at 6:40ampost #21 of 2504/24/13 at 12:00pmThread Starterpost #22 of 2504/24/13 at 12:07pm
Well, this is Head-Fi.
For me my favorite "not the best" cans in my collection would be the Denon D5k and the AT A900X. For IEMs, the PFE112 give everything else in my collection a decent run for their money.post #23 of 2504/24/13 at 12:12pm
Alessandro MS1i /w modded L-cush pads. Though inferior in soundstage, seperation and detail and several other aspecs, they are immensely fun to listen to and is my best spent money so far.post #24 of 2504/24/13 at 12:12pm
Hey, value is relative. I find that my HF2 and AD1000PRM give my HD 580 (black drivers, HD 600 grills) a beating on certain genres. The Grados excel in metal and pop while the Audio Technicas are best for strings and vocals.
They are pretty niche headphones, but their voicing makes them flagship level in those areas while being much lighter on the source/amplifier requirement.post #25 of 2504/24/13 at 12:28pm
Right now, it's the RSA SA950i. Awesome can on a budget (only $60), very comfortable, musical, warm and lush and reasonably detailed and balanced across the spectrum. It's got a natural tone for it that's for sure. Bass is punchy and has some good texture. Highs are slightly rolled off but it makes for very smooth listening and it responds well to EQ if you want to boost the treble a bit. The detachable iPhone cable comes in handy big time. It's become my favorite grab-and-go headphone, since it's so portable and it isolates pretty well. Even though it's not up there sonically with the likes of an Amperior or a DT1350, I find myself just jamming and toe-tapping to my music a bit more with these. Also comes with 3-year warranty which is icing on the cake IMO.
Not to mention, they look pretty sweet in a very elegant, understated kind of way.post #26 of 2504/24/13 at 12:29pmpost #27 of 2504/24/13 at 1:40pm
Maybe not the " So called Best" but they punch way above their price and work well out of an ipod or a decent rig as well. I still use these to judge what is " Better" they work so well with everything!!!
Edited by Magicman74 - 4/24/13 at 1:41pmpost #28 of 2504/24/13 at 4:38pmpost #29 of 2504/24/13 at 4:54pm
I like my srh940 even after getting the hd800.
They just sound "enough good" to me, and I don't have to take additional care because it's too expensive.
I like also my yamaha eph-100 iem, same reason.post #30 of 2504/24/13 at 5:08pm
My Stax SR-5.
Probably the only thing standing between me and a full SR-009/BHSE setup.
I have listened to a few TOTL Stax setups but keep coming back to the SR-5.
Powered out of a Woo WEE, they sound just right.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 57 seconds ago
- › Steelseries Flux in ear 1 minute ago
- › Searching Earbud or Portable Headphone ~50€ 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Should I buy this External Sound card or will I be wasting money? 2 minutes ago
- › Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Appreciation Thread/ ZMF ZPEX V.2 REVIEW and TOUR!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob