Sennheiser HD430. Mostly I just look at them now and wish they'd turn into a pair of HD600s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Spotify and Setup Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I heard the Fostex TH7B recently an didnt want to stop listening They just sounded fun and warm and refined like a wave a warm gentle sounds hit your body, cleansing it from all the lossiness and giving it a sound that is like a cool wind that makes you pedantic towards the audio
Well, this is Head-Fi.
For me my favorite "not the best" cans in my collection would be the Denon D5k and the AT A900X. For IEMs, the PFE112 give everything else in my collection a decent run for their money.
Alessandro MS1i /w modded L-cush pads. Though inferior in soundstage, seperation and detail and several other aspecs, they are immensely fun to listen to and is my best spent money so far.
Hey, value is relative. I find that my HF2 and AD1000PRM give my HD 580 (black drivers, HD 600 grills) a beating on certain genres. The Grados excel in metal and pop while the Audio Technicas are best for strings and vocals.
They are pretty niche headphones, but their voicing makes them flagship level in those areas while being much lighter on the source/amplifier requirement.
Right now, it's the RSA SA950i. Awesome can on a budget (only $60), very comfortable, musical, warm and lush and reasonably detailed and balanced across the spectrum. It's got a natural tone for it that's for sure. Bass is punchy and has some good texture. Highs are slightly rolled off but it makes for very smooth listening and it responds well to EQ if you want to boost the treble a bit. The detachable iPhone cable comes in handy big time. It's become my favorite grab-and-go headphone, since it's so portable and it isolates pretty well. Even though it's not up there sonically with the likes of an Amperior or a DT1350, I find myself just jamming and toe-tapping to my music a bit more with these. Also comes with 3-year warranty which is icing on the cake IMO.
Not to mention, they look pretty sweet in a very elegant, understated kind of way.
Maybe not the " So called Best" but they punch way above their price and work well out of an ipod or a decent rig as well. I still use these to judge what is " Better" they work so well with everything!!!
Edited by Magicman74 - 4/24/13 at 1:41pm
I like my srh940 even after getting the hd800.
They just sound "enough good" to me, and I don't have to take additional care because it's too expensive.
I like also my yamaha eph-100 iem, same reason.
My Stax SR-5.
Probably the only thing standing between me and a full SR-009/BHSE setup.
I have listened to a few TOTL Stax setups but keep coming back to the SR-5.
Powered out of a Woo WEE, they sound just right.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How can I determine the at ear SPL of In-Ear Monitors? 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Carbo Tenore ZH-DX200-CT from ZERO AUDIO - Brand New In Box 4 minutes ago
- › portable amp/dac for shure 846 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 8 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 9 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)