No such thing as fake vintage AKG K series. You get clones using the same structural housing but not with the AKG logo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 9post #121 of 3887/19/13 at 4:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3887/19/13 at 5:31amQuote:
You can look on the website Wikiphonia on their AKG thread and see all the various examples of the vintage K240's. Also the Vintage HP thread and the AKG/Grado'd right here on Head-Fi are incredibly helpful. I think about 5-6 years ago there was a fever for these HP's on Head-Fi and it drove the price up ($380-510), the price has dropped now and there are several out there on EBay. You will never hear another HP that sound like these, musical and fun is the best description I can give, and if you can score one for $100 or even a little more it's a great buy you won't regret. If you need help or have a question feel free to post or PM.post #123 of 3887/19/13 at 7:44ampost #124 of 3887/19/13 at 7:46am
Grado SR-80s. (Not the i model, the model that came before without the mushroom cap and comfy pads) They were my second decent pair of headphones, and through they're not as detailed as either the SR-325i goldies or Senn HD-650s, they are my go-to overnight/travelling cans. They fit easily in luggage, don't add much weight at all (they're really light, being mostly plastic and foam) and I don't have to worry about lugging around an amp, just my ipod. They also make nice earmuffs when out walking on cool days, but I'm crazy like that.
post #125 of 3887/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #126 of 3887/23/13 at 3:49pmpost #127 of 3887/24/13 at 4:12pmpost #128 of 3887/24/13 at 5:50pmpost #129 of 3887/24/13 at 6:02pm
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #130 of 3887/24/13 at 6:12pmI had the original version of the PX100. I recently sold them. I also have the original PX200 too.
I Don't Feel that they were exceptionally neutral. I liked the sound. I felt the high notes rolled off a bit and the bass was very good, not shy at all. Mids didn't seem forward to me, not like the V-Moda M-80.post #131 of 3887/24/13 at 6:18pmDifferent strokes for different folks I guess. One member, katun, even paralleled the px100ii with the hd600 & hd650. I wouldn't go that far but tonally I hear a lot of similarities. Try the mark 2 versionpost #132 of 3887/24/13 at 6:25pmpost #133 of 3887/24/13 at 6:32pmYeah they are a perfect "out and about" headphone for casual listening; they are small, durable, and light, they don't cut you off from the outside world like IEMs, but the bass is enough to overcome most city noise, and the soundstage is awesome for something so small.
Listening to mine on break at work at this very moment :-)Quote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #134 of 3887/24/13 at 7:38pm
I totally get this. These are the HP's I use outside in the yard and also to work out. I own two sets. They are light and sound decent and cheap.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 21 seconds ago
- › Thinking of going back to CD's ... Am I nuts? 40 seconds ago
- › WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY A EXPENSIVE HEADPHONE THAT HAS A TERRIBLE... 1 minute ago
- › Like New Focal Elear 1 minute ago
- › External hard drive array is a hundred times slower now? 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...