No such thing as fake vintage AKG K series. You get clones using the same structural housing but not with the AKG logo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 9post #121 of 3877/19/13 at 4:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3877/19/13 at 5:31amQuote:
You can look on the website Wikiphonia on their AKG thread and see all the various examples of the vintage K240's. Also the Vintage HP thread and the AKG/Grado'd right here on Head-Fi are incredibly helpful. I think about 5-6 years ago there was a fever for these HP's on Head-Fi and it drove the price up ($380-510), the price has dropped now and there are several out there on EBay. You will never hear another HP that sound like these, musical and fun is the best description I can give, and if you can score one for $100 or even a little more it's a great buy you won't regret. If you need help or have a question feel free to post or PM.post #123 of 3877/19/13 at 7:44ampost #124 of 3877/19/13 at 7:46am
Grado SR-80s. (Not the i model, the model that came before without the mushroom cap and comfy pads) They were my second decent pair of headphones, and through they're not as detailed as either the SR-325i goldies or Senn HD-650s, they are my go-to overnight/travelling cans. They fit easily in luggage, don't add much weight at all (they're really light, being mostly plastic and foam) and I don't have to worry about lugging around an amp, just my ipod. They also make nice earmuffs when out walking on cool days, but I'm crazy like that.
post #125 of 3877/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #126 of 3877/23/13 at 3:49pmpost #127 of 3877/24/13 at 4:12pmpost #128 of 3877/24/13 at 5:50pmpost #129 of 3877/24/13 at 6:02pm
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #130 of 3877/24/13 at 6:12pmI had the original version of the PX100. I recently sold them. I also have the original PX200 too.
I Don't Feel that they were exceptionally neutral. I liked the sound. I felt the high notes rolled off a bit and the bass was very good, not shy at all. Mids didn't seem forward to me, not like the V-Moda M-80.post #131 of 3877/24/13 at 6:18pmDifferent strokes for different folks I guess. One member, katun, even paralleled the px100ii with the hd600 & hd650. I wouldn't go that far but tonally I hear a lot of similarities. Try the mark 2 versionpost #132 of 3877/24/13 at 6:25pmpost #133 of 3877/24/13 at 6:32pmYeah they are a perfect "out and about" headphone for casual listening; they are small, durable, and light, they don't cut you off from the outside world like IEMs, but the bass is enough to overcome most city noise, and the soundstage is awesome for something so small.
Listening to mine on break at work at this very moment :-)Quote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #134 of 3877/24/13 at 7:38pm
I totally get this. These are the HP's I use outside in the yard and also to work out. I own two sets. They are light and sound decent and cheap.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › WTS Audeze LCD 2.2 Rosewood w/ Moon Audio black Dragon V2 Cable 2 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 4 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 8 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...