No such thing as fake vintage AKG K series. You get clones using the same structural housing but not with the AKG logo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/3/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/3/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Spotify and Setup Last post on 11/25/13 at 2:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headphone Advice Last post on 11/7/13 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for Sennheiser HD650 and Grado SR80i Last post on 11/1/13 at 3:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DIY open phones with Koss A250 frame: which drivers (DT880, HD650, YH-1, etc.) Last post on 5/13/13 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 9post #121 of 2297/19/13 at 4:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 2297/19/13 at 5:31amQuote:
You can look on the website Wikiphonia on their AKG thread and see all the various examples of the vintage K240's. Also the Vintage HP thread and the AKG/Grado'd right here on Head-Fi are incredibly helpful. I think about 5-6 years ago there was a fever for these HP's on Head-Fi and it drove the price up ($380-510), the price has dropped now and there are several out there on EBay. You will never hear another HP that sound like these, musical and fun is the best description I can give, and if you can score one for $100 or even a little more it's a great buy you won't regret. If you need help or have a question feel free to post or PM.post #123 of 2297/19/13 at 7:44ampost #124 of 2297/19/13 at 7:46am
Grado SR-80s. (Not the i model, the model that came before without the mushroom cap and comfy pads) They were my second decent pair of headphones, and through they're not as detailed as either the SR-325i goldies or Senn HD-650s, they are my go-to overnight/travelling cans. They fit easily in luggage, don't add much weight at all (they're really light, being mostly plastic and foam) and I don't have to worry about lugging around an amp, just my ipod. They also make nice earmuffs when out walking on cool days, but I'm crazy like that.
post #125 of 2297/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #126 of 2297/23/13 at 3:49pmpost #127 of 2297/24/13 at 4:12pmpost #128 of 2297/24/13 at 5:50pmpost #129 of 2297/24/13 at 6:02pm
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #130 of 2297/24/13 at 6:12pmI had the original version of the PX100. I recently sold them. I also have the original PX200 too.
I Don't Feel that they were exceptionally neutral. I liked the sound. I felt the high notes rolled off a bit and the bass was very good, not shy at all. Mids didn't seem forward to me, not like the V-Moda M-80.post #131 of 2297/24/13 at 6:18pmDifferent strokes for different folks I guess. One member, katun, even paralleled the px100ii with the hd600 & hd650. I wouldn't go that far but tonally I hear a lot of similarities. Try the mark 2 versionpost #132 of 2297/24/13 at 6:25pmpost #133 of 2297/24/13 at 6:32pmYeah they are a perfect "out and about" headphone for casual listening; they are small, durable, and light, they don't cut you off from the outside world like IEMs, but the bass is enough to overcome most city noise, and the soundstage is awesome for something so small.
Listening to mine on break at work at this very moment :-)Quote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #134 of 2297/24/13 at 7:38pm
I totally get this. These are the HP's I use outside in the yard and also to work out. I own two sets. They are light and sound decent and cheap.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 52 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Nov 4th 2013 and feature poll... 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Is both a DAC and a dedicated audio sound card necessary? 1 minute ago
- › JDS C5 Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 4 minutes ago
- › Gift - Best IEMS for about $100 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi