No such thing as fake vintage AKG K series. You get clones using the same structural housing but not with the AKG logo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 9post #121 of 3877/19/13 at 4:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3877/19/13 at 5:31amQuote:
You can look on the website Wikiphonia on their AKG thread and see all the various examples of the vintage K240's. Also the Vintage HP thread and the AKG/Grado'd right here on Head-Fi are incredibly helpful. I think about 5-6 years ago there was a fever for these HP's on Head-Fi and it drove the price up ($380-510), the price has dropped now and there are several out there on EBay. You will never hear another HP that sound like these, musical and fun is the best description I can give, and if you can score one for $100 or even a little more it's a great buy you won't regret. If you need help or have a question feel free to post or PM.post #123 of 3877/19/13 at 7:44ampost #124 of 3877/19/13 at 7:46am
Grado SR-80s. (Not the i model, the model that came before without the mushroom cap and comfy pads) They were my second decent pair of headphones, and through they're not as detailed as either the SR-325i goldies or Senn HD-650s, they are my go-to overnight/travelling cans. They fit easily in luggage, don't add much weight at all (they're really light, being mostly plastic and foam) and I don't have to worry about lugging around an amp, just my ipod. They also make nice earmuffs when out walking on cool days, but I'm crazy like that.
post #125 of 3877/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #126 of 3877/23/13 at 3:49pmpost #127 of 3877/24/13 at 4:12pmpost #128 of 3877/24/13 at 5:50pmpost #129 of 3877/24/13 at 6:02pm
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #130 of 3877/24/13 at 6:12pmI had the original version of the PX100. I recently sold them. I also have the original PX200 too.
I Don't Feel that they were exceptionally neutral. I liked the sound. I felt the high notes rolled off a bit and the bass was very good, not shy at all. Mids didn't seem forward to me, not like the V-Moda M-80.post #131 of 3877/24/13 at 6:18pmDifferent strokes for different folks I guess. One member, katun, even paralleled the px100ii with the hd600 & hd650. I wouldn't go that far but tonally I hear a lot of similarities. Try the mark 2 versionpost #132 of 3877/24/13 at 6:25pmpost #133 of 3877/24/13 at 6:32pmYeah they are a perfect "out and about" headphone for casual listening; they are small, durable, and light, they don't cut you off from the outside world like IEMs, but the bass is enough to overcome most city noise, and the soundstage is awesome for something so small.
Listening to mine on break at work at this very moment :-)Quote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #134 of 3877/24/13 at 7:38pm
I totally get this. These are the HP's I use outside in the yard and also to work out. I own two sets. They are light and sound decent and cheap.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 41 seconds ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2+ Infinity 7 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 11 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 12 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...