No such thing as fake vintage AKG K series. You get clones using the same structural housing but not with the AKG logo.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by RUMAY408, 9/2/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by Byrnie, 9/2/13
- productFostex T20RP mkIItagged by dwayniac, 8/22/13
- productGrado Head-Fi Series HF1 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productKoss A250 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by Terja, 8/8/13
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
- productTakstar HI 2050tagged by MrEleventy, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for DNA Sonett Last post on 3/26/14 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good headphones for metal (max $500) Last post on 3/21/14 at 6:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Your favourite "not the best" headphones? - Page 9post #121 of 3887/19/13 at 4:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 3887/19/13 at 5:31amQuote:
You can look on the website Wikiphonia on their AKG thread and see all the various examples of the vintage K240's. Also the Vintage HP thread and the AKG/Grado'd right here on Head-Fi are incredibly helpful. I think about 5-6 years ago there was a fever for these HP's on Head-Fi and it drove the price up ($380-510), the price has dropped now and there are several out there on EBay. You will never hear another HP that sound like these, musical and fun is the best description I can give, and if you can score one for $100 or even a little more it's a great buy you won't regret. If you need help or have a question feel free to post or PM.post #123 of 3887/19/13 at 7:44ampost #124 of 3887/19/13 at 7:46am
Grado SR-80s. (Not the i model, the model that came before without the mushroom cap and comfy pads) They were my second decent pair of headphones, and through they're not as detailed as either the SR-325i goldies or Senn HD-650s, they are my go-to overnight/travelling cans. They fit easily in luggage, don't add much weight at all (they're really light, being mostly plastic and foam) and I don't have to worry about lugging around an amp, just my ipod. They also make nice earmuffs when out walking on cool days, but I'm crazy like that.
post #125 of 3887/19/13 at 12:13pmpost #126 of 3887/23/13 at 3:49pmpost #127 of 3887/24/13 at 4:12pmpost #128 of 3887/24/13 at 5:50pmpost #129 of 3887/24/13 at 6:02pm
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #130 of 3887/24/13 at 6:12pmI had the original version of the PX100. I recently sold them. I also have the original PX200 too.
I Don't Feel that they were exceptionally neutral. I liked the sound. I felt the high notes rolled off a bit and the bass was very good, not shy at all. Mids didn't seem forward to me, not like the V-Moda M-80.post #131 of 3887/24/13 at 6:18pmDifferent strokes for different folks I guess. One member, katun, even paralleled the px100ii with the hd600 & hd650. I wouldn't go that far but tonally I hear a lot of similarities. Try the mark 2 versionpost #132 of 3887/24/13 at 6:25pmpost #133 of 3887/24/13 at 6:32pmYeah they are a perfect "out and about" headphone for casual listening; they are small, durable, and light, they don't cut you off from the outside world like IEMs, but the bass is enough to overcome most city noise, and the soundstage is awesome for something so small.
Listening to mine on break at work at this very moment :-)Quote:Originally Posted by PanamaHat
Yea! Well considering the price I got them at ($35) they're amazing. They're quite balanced to my ears though some say they're subdued in the treble. Think a small hd650. They're never sibilant and they provide a decent sense of air being open. Being open is also a downside as they don't isolate very well, but they're good around the town headphonespost #134 of 3887/24/13 at 7:38pm
I totally get this. These are the HP's I use outside in the yard and also to work out. I own two sets. They are light and sound decent and cheap.
- Your favourite "not the best" headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 7 minutes ago
- › Pathos Aurium anyone? 8 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › DAC/AMP for Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 11 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 11 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › Now that Focal introduced beryllium into the headphone market, will... 13 minutes ago
- › Help regarding dac/amp. Was considering HIFIME 9018D USB DAC 14 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...