Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rooth-Null Audio Elpis 2-drivers hybrid custom IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rooth-Null Audio Elpis 2-drivers hybrid custom IEM - Page 7

post #91 of 122

I will certainly be glad to have the bass be evened out but yes i knew that the vented version would have more bass and am okay with my version not having a lot. I can accept the midrange to be thin, i just can not really accept it too be painful.

post #92 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Okay, i do not agree with them going back on the statements they make, that is certainly wrong indeed. However what i said is nothing to do with me being a reviewer. I was just saying pre ordering an item is different to ordering something from Westone and JH. I am about to receive the revived version where i think they have toned down the treble.


Yep, i see your point, say, how wld you compare these to similarly priced IEMS say $200 range.

post #93 of 122

I have a mate round now so no time but i just got the T-PEOS H-200 so will do that comparison over the next few days?

post #94 of 122
Dam now waited for four whole months. Any more sonic impressions? I'm starting to hear negative comments on them although I would like some positive comments.
post #95 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

Dam now waited for four whole months. Any more sonic impressions? I'm starting to hear negative comments on them although I would like some positive comments.


Just checked my mail and thank god, the product has been built finished. I should have the elpis within the next 2 weeks. Will post my initial impressions here XD. Yeah, the wait is really long and at times kinda irritating.

post #96 of 122

im selling my ELPIS if anyone is interested.

 

posting an ad soon

post #97 of 122

My elpis should be arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed, the fit is good XD

post #98 of 122

So I've had this universal demo review unit for some time. I have the vented 'bass port' version. I've had a chance to really give it a listen over the past few weeks.

 

I have to say I really don't like it with the bass port. The bass is heavy to the point of sounding like the driver is bottoming out. Over the past week I've just taped up the bass port and listened that way. While I think this wouldn't be 100% identical as listening without a bass port (the tape itself might act like a little passive radiator, like a drum skin) it should be pretty darn close. It's still very bassy even with the bass port taped over, but I like it since I certainly don't mind bassy in-ears.

 

The BA driver is certainly doing its job and the whole thing sounds very cohesive and surprisingly well integrated. It sounds at least well integrated as the UE900 and certainly better than the XBA-40 / Westone 40 I have on hand. I'm curious if anyone knows if there is a crossover in this thing or are the two drivers wired in parallel? 

 

Certainly there is a bit of broad high frequency emphasis, but it doesn't sound too extreme to me and not objectionable to my ears. The whole thing sort of reminds me of a CK100 Pro with more bass and less strident treble.

 

I'll have a full reivew video up eventually, but right now I am impressed enough to seriously consider getting my first custom considering the decent pricing :)

post #99 of 122
So you're saying you dont like the sound signature but in terms of technicalities they are actually pretty good?
post #100 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

So you're saying you dont like the sound signature but in terms of technicalities they are actually pretty good?

 

I like the sound signature with the bass port sealed up, but not with the bass port stock. But even with the bass port sealed up it is very bassy.

post #101 of 122

i feel the highs and mid-highs are bad though

post #102 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

So I've had this universal demo review unit for some time. I have the vented 'bass port' version. I've had a chance to really give it a listen over the past few weeks.

 

I have to say I really don't like it with the bass port. The bass is heavy to the point of sounding like the driver is bottoming out. Over the past week I've just taped up the bass port and listened that way. While I think this wouldn't be 100% identical as listening without a bass port (the tape itself might act like a little passive radiator, like a drum skin) it should be pretty darn close. It's still very bassy even with the bass port taped over, but I like it since I certainly don't mind bassy in-ears.

 

The BA driver is certainly doing its job and the whole thing sounds very cohesive and surprisingly well integrated. It sounds at least well integrated as the UE900 and certainly better than the XBA-40 / Westone 40 I have on hand. I'm curious if anyone knows if there is a crossover in this thing or are the two drivers wired in parallel? 

 

Certainly there is a bit of broad high frequency emphasis, but it doesn't sound too extreme to me and not objectionable to my ears. The whole thing sort of reminds me of a CK100 Pro with more bass and less strident treble.

 

I'll have a full reivew video up eventually, but right now I am impressed enough to seriously consider getting my first custom considering the decent pricing :)


all the elpis models come with the bass port, the difference is the choice of more or less bass which is tuned via the crossover.

post #103 of 122
What is the sound signature like? Newbie here. How does it compare to the triple Fi 10
post #104 of 122
More impressions pls!
post #105 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongrui00 View Post

What is the sound signature like? Newbie here. How does it compare to the triple Fi 10

V shaped with laid back mids aka foward treble and bass. (mine is the less bass version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

More impressions pls!

Got mine a few weeks ago, sound is rather v shaped, mids are much more laid back to what i am used to. Treble is present and forward with much sparkle, to some this may sound fatiguing but not to me. Bass is clean and clear, being well separated and not bleeding into the mids, what surprises me most is that i expected it to have they typical dynamic driver bass which is loose and flabby (dont really have much experience with high end dynamic drivers) however i was surprised to find that the bass is tight, not as tight as balanced armatures but its almost there. The bass appears when it needs to and disappears when the track does not call for it, quantity is slightly more than my jh13. Overall for $160(promo price), i cant complain though it wont hold its own against my jh13, UM3x or ES5 except maybe in the bass department. Detail is present but not as refined. But hey even for the current price of $240  i really cannot fault this IEM. If you want a fun sound sig, this is for you however if you are looking for reference type or is the type that like mids, this is really not for you. I'll post some pics when i have the time, feel free to ask me anything XD :L3000:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rooth-Null Audio Elpis 2-drivers hybrid custom IEM