Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rooth-Null Audio Elpis 2-drivers hybrid custom IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rooth-Null Audio Elpis 2-drivers hybrid custom IEM - Page 2

post #16 of 121

I'll be able to play with the Elpis demo for a few short weeks on behalf of CYMBACAVUM, so I'll be posting in-depth impressions, along with subjective analyses of how the technical information Null Audio released correlates with listening impressions. I'll let everyone know when that happens!

post #17 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

I'll be able to play with the Elpis demo for a few short weeks on behalf of CYMBACAVUM, so I'll be posting in-depth impressions, along with subjective analyses of how the technical information Null Audio released correlates with listening impressions. I'll let everyone know when that happens!


So far, what are your impressions of it?

post #18 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdacow View Post  So far, what are your impressions of it?


Haven't gotten it yet. Will let you know when I do.

post #19 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post


Haven't gotten it yet. Will let you know when I do.


Alright then, looking forward to your impressions on them, just dont expect flagship level sound quality and they might surprise you basshead.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edit: grammar

post #20 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdacow View Post

Alright then, looking forward to your impressions on them, just dont expect flagship level sound quality and they might surprise you basshead.gif

 

It most likely has arrived already; I was out of town and just got back in, and noticed that I have a package waiting for me at the security station, so that's probably it. I'll try to put up short impressions tomorrow night.

 

Judging by the measurements, I know it has a good deal more bass than what I personally prefer, but it looks like a good mainstream sound suitable for modern music, which is what Null intended it to be. I'll be assessing it at the $299 SGD MSRP, but will be making comparisons against higher end stuff.

post #21 of 121

^looking forward to it!!

post #22 of 121

Well, the package was a fluke. Will notify when it does actually get here.

post #23 of 121
Ah awaiting impressions!
I did get to try it for a brief moment but the tips weren't really to my liking. And my ears were feeling uncomfortable after taking impressions (first time) so can't really say much. Doesn't sound too shabby @ 199sgd with cables and impressions though, lol
post #24 of 121
I had a chance to try em out and had them for about 15min. I must say they are really amazing for the price I paid. It is bassy but never bleeds into any other. Mids and treble never ever ever gets lost. Detais are there too pretty easy to pick out. Overall very engaging sound. I also listened to LS5(5BA) and LS8(rooth flagship model) and i thought they sounded boring compared to elpis. LS5 sounded kinda muddy and transparency and airiness were not there. Probablycuz they're pure ba drivers. LS8 is hybrid I believe and yeah in terms of details and reproduction no comparison but I would say I would prefer elpis for its engaging sound. Hard to explain but yeah you get the idea. These are great even for 299sgd.
post #25 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

I had a chance to try em out and had them for about 15min. I must say they are really amazing for the price I paid. It is bassy but never bleeds into any other. Mids and treble never ever ever gets lost. Detais are there too pretty easy to pick out. Overall very engaging sound. I also listened to LS5(5BA) and LS8(rooth flagship model) and i thought they sounded boring compared to elpis. LS5 sounded kinda muddy and transparency and airiness were not there. Probablycuz they're pure ba drivers. LS8 is hybrid I believe and yeah in terms of details and reproduction no comparison but I would say I would prefer elpis for its engaging sound. Hard to explain but yeah you get the idea. These are great even for 299sgd.


I think u mean the LS5 is the hybrid and the LS8 is the BA one cause the LS8 is an 8 BA driver while the LS5 is a 1DD and 4BA

post #26 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdacow View Post


I think u mean the LS5 is the hybrid and the LS8 is the BA one cause the LS8 is an 8 BA driver while the LS5 is a 1DD and 4BA

yeap sorry got some info mixed up. LS5 is hybrid - one dynamic and 4ba. LS8 is pure ba,4 for bass,2 for mids and 2 for highs.

post #27 of 121
Uh i assume you heard the demos via Treoo? Afaik they dont have the LSX5. Only the LS6 and LS8. In my opinion LS6 has amazing detail. Slightly more so than LS8.
post #28 of 121
How does it compare to the GR07. Intersted ^_^ Might get this instead of V-moda M100 for my next addition to my arsenal
post #29 of 121

Wow, this looks really interesting for the price. Looks like its 243 US, 3 month turn time..

post #30 of 121

Had the opportunity to demo the elpis along with several other rooth ciems today. About the Elpis, I think it pretty much has the traditional V shaped sound with recessed mids. Bass is strong, very strong!!! But fortunately it is well controlled and never seemed to overshadow the rest of the spectrum. Treble is sparkly and bright, and can come across a tiny bit sibilant at times. Overall, engaging and fun sound with focus on bass and treble. I personally prefer a more balanced signature with more forward mids, but people who like an engaging V shaped sound should find this iem quite nice! Also, the custom version is likely to sound better than the universal demo. 

 

Note that the demo version did not have the bass port so presence of one will create an even powerful bass response. I am guessing it would be too much for me but bassheads will like it! :-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Rooth-Null Audio Elpis 2-drivers hybrid custom IEM