I'm relatively new to the audio world, I usually listen to genres that favor bass (All kinds of EDM) and i'm trying to look for a pair of headphones i can walk around with in public. I currently own the v-moda crossfade lp, sony mdr-xb500, jvc ha-m5x, sennheiser hd 439, hd518, and ihome ib50b. I would like something similar to the crossfade lp or the sennheiser hd439. Something stylish with decent sound and a price under or around $200. I would want it to have decent isolation and low ohms. Hopefully the amazing head-fi community can help me :D
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD518, V-Moda M-100, or V-Moda LP2? Last post on 5/7/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- best headphone for 90$ Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Larger Ear Cushions for Sennheiser HD439? Last post on 3/19/14 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD439 vs HD518 Last post on 1/19/14 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) Last post on 4/6/14 at 12:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's lacking in the LP that you do not like? Seems to me a few people will recommend those based on your listening requirements. The LP2s are an option if just a slightly more refined sound is what you're looking for but if you already own the first version that's not a very exciting upgrade. I personally found the new Monster DNA to be very good but that's an on ear option. You didn't say specifically you wanted over the ear but isolation usually means over ear to me.
I do like the crossfade lp but i just want something a little bit more exciting and versatile. The boomy in your face bass is a little bit too much for me and im starting to get into a still enhanced bass but not as "in your face" preference. I would prefer over ear but on ear would also work depending on the sound quality. I have a fiio e6 if that matters at all. I just want something a little less fatiguing.
Nah...it's another on ear. I prefer the DNA to the HD25 if you listen to more bass oriented music. Try the COP.
- Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 23 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 47 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Interest Check - Chicago Meet Continuance - August 8th at Tweak Studio 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)