I'm relatively new to the audio world, I usually listen to genres that favor bass (All kinds of EDM) and i'm trying to look for a pair of headphones i can walk around with in public. I currently own the v-moda crossfade lp, sony mdr-xb500, jvc ha-m5x, sennheiser hd 439, hd518, and ihome ib50b. I would like something similar to the crossfade lp or the sennheiser hd439. Something stylish with decent sound and a price under or around $200. I would want it to have decent isolation and low ohms. Hopefully the amazing head-fi community can help me :D
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD518, V-Moda M-100, or V-Moda LP2? Last post on 5/7/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- best headphone for 90$ Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Larger Ear Cushions for Sennheiser HD439? Last post on 3/19/14 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD439 vs HD518 Last post on 1/19/14 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) Last post on 4/6/14 at 12:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's lacking in the LP that you do not like? Seems to me a few people will recommend those based on your listening requirements. The LP2s are an option if just a slightly more refined sound is what you're looking for but if you already own the first version that's not a very exciting upgrade. I personally found the new Monster DNA to be very good but that's an on ear option. You didn't say specifically you wanted over the ear but isolation usually means over ear to me.
I do like the crossfade lp but i just want something a little bit more exciting and versatile. The boomy in your face bass is a little bit too much for me and im starting to get into a still enhanced bass but not as "in your face" preference. I would prefer over ear but on ear would also work depending on the sound quality. I have a fiio e6 if that matters at all. I just want something a little less fatiguing.
Nah...it's another on ear. I prefer the DNA to the HD25 if you listen to more bass oriented music. Try the COP.
- Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 23 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Cable burn in -- what are the arguments in favor, if any? 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 5 minutes ago
- › Please rank these budget IEMs (3 model short list) 6 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2