I'm relatively new to the audio world, I usually listen to genres that favor bass (All kinds of EDM) and i'm trying to look for a pair of headphones i can walk around with in public. I currently own the v-moda crossfade lp, sony mdr-xb500, jvc ha-m5x, sennheiser hd 439, hd518, and ihome ib50b. I would like something similar to the crossfade lp or the sennheiser hd439. Something stylish with decent sound and a price under or around $200. I would want it to have decent isolation and low ohms. Hopefully the amazing head-fi community can help me :D
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD518, V-Moda M-100, or V-Moda LP2? Last post on 5/7/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- best headphone for 90$ Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Larger Ear Cushions for Sennheiser HD439? Last post on 3/19/14 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD439 vs HD518 Last post on 1/19/14 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) Last post on 4/6/14 at 12:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's lacking in the LP that you do not like? Seems to me a few people will recommend those based on your listening requirements. The LP2s are an option if just a slightly more refined sound is what you're looking for but if you already own the first version that's not a very exciting upgrade. I personally found the new Monster DNA to be very good but that's an on ear option. You didn't say specifically you wanted over the ear but isolation usually means over ear to me.
I do like the crossfade lp but i just want something a little bit more exciting and versatile. The boomy in your face bass is a little bit too much for me and im starting to get into a still enhanced bass but not as "in your face" preference. I would prefer over ear but on ear would also work depending on the sound quality. I have a fiio e6 if that matters at all. I just want something a little less fatiguing.
Nah...it's another on ear. I prefer the DNA to the HD25 if you listen to more bass oriented music. Try the COP.
- Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Massenet: Le Cid CBS Masterworks 2 CD 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods 3 minutes ago
- › car-fi 5 minutes ago
- › Best Single Driver IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2