I'm relatively new to the audio world, I usually listen to genres that favor bass (All kinds of EDM) and i'm trying to look for a pair of headphones i can walk around with in public. I currently own the v-moda crossfade lp, sony mdr-xb500, jvc ha-m5x, sennheiser hd 439, hd518, and ihome ib50b. I would like something similar to the crossfade lp or the sennheiser hd439. Something stylish with decent sound and a price under or around $200. I would want it to have decent isolation and low ohms. Hopefully the amazing head-fi community can help me :D
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD518, V-Moda M-100, or V-Moda LP2? Last post on 5/7/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- best headphone for 90$ Last post on 4/26/14 at 10:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Larger Ear Cushions for Sennheiser HD439? Last post on 3/19/14 at 9:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD439 vs HD518 Last post on 1/19/14 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) Last post on 4/6/14 at 12:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What's lacking in the LP that you do not like? Seems to me a few people will recommend those based on your listening requirements. The LP2s are an option if just a slightly more refined sound is what you're looking for but if you already own the first version that's not a very exciting upgrade. I personally found the new Monster DNA to be very good but that's an on ear option. You didn't say specifically you wanted over the ear but isolation usually means over ear to me.
I do like the crossfade lp but i just want something a little bit more exciting and versatile. The boomy in your face bass is a little bit too much for me and im starting to get into a still enhanced bass but not as "in your face" preference. I would prefer over ear but on ear would also work depending on the sound quality. I have a fiio e6 if that matters at all. I just want something a little less fatiguing.
Nah...it's another on ear. I prefer the DNA to the HD25 if you listen to more bass oriented music. Try the COP.
- Looking for a decent headphone with emphasized bass under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 12 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 27 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 40 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 44 seconds ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 53 seconds ago
- › Best cans for female vocals? 58 seconds ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 1 minute ago
- › Is there no flagship for "fun" headphones that has the 3D... 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3