Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How is the bass of the Creative Aurvana Live! in your opinion?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How is the bass of the Creative Aurvana Live! in your opinion? - Page 6

post #76 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

Those are all out of my budget. And 2 people said that the CAL! blows the JVC's out of the water. But if you were to give the bass quality a rating from 1 tot 10, what would you give it?

 

Unless I'm missing something, didn't you say your budget was under $100?

 

The Koss Pro DJ100 are $62 on amazon right now:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-ProDJ100-Headphones/dp/B003X1BEKI 

 

and the Shure SRH440 are $82:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU

post #77 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Comment View Post

 

Unless I'm missing something, didn't you say your budget was under $100?

 

The Koss Pro DJ100 are $62 on amazon right now:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-ProDJ100-Headphones/dp/B003X1BEKI 

 

and the Shure SRH440 are $82:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SRH440-Professional-Studio-Headphones/dp/B002DP1FTU

It's actually $85.

post #78 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapTapPull View Post

Alright, I'm home. CAL!s have about 15 hours burn-in at this point. I found mp3 files of each song and am playing them through fubar 2000 with flat EQ. My descriptions are going to sound elementary or simple; I'm new to the vocabulary, specifically what terms correspond with what I'm actually hearing, so forgive me.

 

Tech N9ne - Technicians: This song has a couple of interesting and potentially "challenging" bass notes, but I really like how the CAL! handles them. The synth/bass starting at 3:11 is very unique and sounds great. Vocals on the chorus are powerful, separate, and expansive. Tech's lyrics are crisp, close, and never harsh. Not bad!

 

Bone Thugs N Harmony - Meet Me in the Sky: I found a couple different versions of this track online, but am testing the one I found with the highest bitrate. It begins with some interesting synths, rather than just piano like the other version I found. I can feel the emotion in K-Young's vocals on the chorus.  Bass extends low and wide, while not being overpowering. The piano is smooth and warm, no harshness. Last verse, with Bizzy Bone, has such a unique voice but I feel that the 'phone did a great job presenting it in a fair and accurate light. Claps are well blended, no harshness. Sounded pretty good!

 

Twista - On Top: Of the three songs, this was my favorite song to listen to through these headphones. Opening synths sound fine, a little recessed, I feel due to the producer's intended track mixing. Bass is more forward, displayed nicely, deep and long. The mixing of Akon's voice sounds nice, with a tight delay. Twista's lyrics almost sit on top of the music, rather than inside of it. Would have to compare with other 'phones to know if this is simply track production or not.

 

All in all, at this point, the bass from these phones is lighter than I prefer, but not what I'd call neutral. It can go deep, and the bass notes make themselves apparent when required, although I feel not to a basshead's preference.

 

I'm going to continue to burn them in and listen to them exclusively for the next few days, so I can better evaluate them for what they are, instead of what they aren't.

Can I also ask you why you're using foobar2000 instead of WMP?

post #79 of 89
Thread Starter 

I just ordered the CAL!, should arive here soon.

post #80 of 89

.


Edited by Extreme1Bass - 5/17/13 at 2:14am
post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

I just ordered the CAL!, should arive here soon.


Have you received them yet? I'm very curious if they match your tastes!

post #82 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapTapPull View Post


Have you received them yet? I'm very curious if they match your tastes!

No, they got cancelled 1 day before they should arrive by the store, because apparently they were ''out of stock'' and when I ordered them, there were 2 products left. But it doesn't matter, I have expanded my budget and going after something better.

post #83 of 89

Updated Cable, I love my CAL, built this cable for $50..it's perfect for gaming, movie watching, and casual computer listening.

 

 

post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

No, they got cancelled 1 day before they should arrive by the store, because apparently they were ''out of stock'' and when I ordered them, there were 2 products left. But it doesn't matter, I have expanded my budget and going after something better.


I see!

 

Are you now looking at the M-Audio Q40? I have yet to hear it, but from what I've read, it seems like much more of a sure bet according to your preferences.

 

Good luck!

post #85 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapTapPull View Post


I see!

 

Are you now looking at the M-Audio Q40? I have yet to hear it, but from what I've read, it seems like much more of a sure bet according to your preferences.

 

Good luck!

I'm afraid that it has too much bass for my tast and the mids and highs will be too neutral for me. I'm also looking into the Shure SRH-840 aswell, which seems to gather for my tastes aswell.

post #86 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

I'm afraid that it has too much bass for my tast and the mids and highs will be too neutral for me. I'm also looking into the Shure SRH-840 aswell, which seems to gather for my tastes aswell.


Another competent 'phone, from what I've read. Cannot comment on it personally.

 

I hope you find your match, a very fun part of the hobby for me is doing the research.

post #87 of 89

Hello, I would buy the headphone. I like to have powerful bass, deep, extensive and not with mid frequence annoying.

I think the Creative Aurvana Live headphones are that do it for me, what do you think?
 

post #88 of 89

Hello, i buy CAL! about 2 weeks, and  i make the "burn-in" proccess... i don't like CAL! i think they have a poor soundstage and soooooo many bass, i listen Classic and Rock, and sound is very bad for this kind of music, i listen Four Seasons Vivaldi, a mix of Claudio Arrau, Chopin, Mozart, Stravinsky, etc... and the instruments are lost, long time ago, i have Cresyn HP600, and the sound was so much better, hp600 are more cheaper  like 40USD in ebay.

post #89 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelator View Post

Hello, i buy CAL! about 2 weeks, and  i make the "burn-in" proccess... i don't like CAL! i think they have a poor soundstage and soooooo many bass, i listen Classic and Rock, and sound is very bad for this kind of music, i listen Four Seasons Vivaldi, a mix of Claudio Arrau, Chopin, Mozart, Stravinsky, etc... and the instruments are lost, long time ago, i have Cresyn HP600, and the sound was so much better, hp600 are more cheaper  like 40USD in ebay.

If you like rock then you will definitely like Grados. Grab a pair to try.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How is the bass of the Creative Aurvana Live! in your opinion?