Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How is the bass of the Creative Aurvana Live! in your opinion?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How is the bass of the Creative Aurvana Live! in your opinion?

post #1 of 89
Thread Starter 

Is it more on the loose side or is it kind of tight?


Edited by dakanao - 4/25/13 at 8:11am
post #2 of 89

I wouldn't describe them as neutral.  Have a look at the Brainwavz HM5 instead.  Currently taking pre-orders at the moment at MP4 Nation.

 

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-studio-monitor-headphones
 

There's a whole thread on them on the front page.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585281/review-brainwavz-hm5-a-new-neutral-champ

post #3 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupNinja View Post

I wouldn't describe them as neutral.  Have a look at the Brainwavz HM5 instead.  Currently taking pre-orders at the moment at MP4 Nation.

 

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-studio-monitor-headphones
 

There's a whole thread on them on the front page.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585281/review-brainwavz-hm5-a-new-neutral-champ

I can't afford them in my country.

post #4 of 89

Based on what I've read, the sennheiser brand attempts to achieve a relatively neutral sound signature. 

 

Perhaps check on models from this manufacturer in your price range....

post #5 of 89
Sennheiser house sound is warm and laid back. The CAL are warm too.
post #6 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

Sennheiser house sound is warm and laid back. The CAL are warm too.

What is a ''warm'' sound exactly?

post #7 of 89

CAL! definitely is not neutral,it is warm in sound signature and add a lot of coloration, mid and bass is enhanced by a scale, anyway, it is very enjoyable!

post #8 of 89
Slight bass emphasis.
Shure SRH440 would be better if you want neutral.
post #9 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinspire View Post

CAL! definitely is not neutral,it is warm in sound signature and add a lot of coloration, mid and bass is enhanced by a scale, anyway, it is very enjoyable!

Do you know any good neutral headphones around my budget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

Slight bass emphasis.
Shure SRH440 would be better if you want neutral.

Alright thanks for your input man. The Shure is out of my budget unfortanetly.

post #10 of 89
Superlux HD668-B
post #11 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

Superlux HD668-B

Do they leak a lot?

post #12 of 89

I agreed with Random Kid recommendation, the hd668b

post #13 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinspire View Post

I agreed with Random Kid recommendation, the hd668b

Do they leak a lot of sound?

post #14 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

Do they leak a lot of sound?

Medium amount of leakage, more then most closed headphones, but not as much as most open headphones.

post #15 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftySound View Post

Medium amount of leakage, more then most closed headphones, but not as much as most open headphones.

I've read that they need amping, so that's definitely a let down.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How is the bass of the Creative Aurvana Live! in your opinion?