Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Abyss planar magnetic headphone - Page 21

post #301 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

JPS (and fan's) vs the Stax mafia, interesting confrontation indeed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaud View Post

Defqon, we'd warmly welcome you if you were to combine a vacation to Japan with one of the Tokyo headphone festivals wink.gif

I don't think there are any JPS Fans. It'll be more like the Abyss customer-relationship-genius guy on this thread + his two sons vs. Stax Mafia + DefQon in an all out rumble. Let me know. I can be there to videotape the whole thing and we can put it up on Head-Fi TV with Jude's commentary. evil_smiley.gif


Edited by M-13 - 6/3/13 at 9:47pm
post #302 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaud View Post

Defqon, we'd warmly welcome you if you were to combine a vacation to Japan with one of the Tokyo headphone festivals wink.gif

Aww...wish I could.

post #303 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

 

I don't think there are any JPS Fans. It'll be more like the Abyss customer-relationship-genius guy on this thread + his two sons vs. Stax Mafia + DefQon in an all out rumble. Let me know. I can be there to videotape the whole thing and we can put it up on Head-Fi TV with Jude's commentary. evil_smiley.gif


Welcome to ThunderDomevery_evil_smiley.gif

post #304 of 547
Thread Starter 

popcorn.gif

post #305 of 547

I say there needs to be a battle, but of the headphones.

 

Someone should be researching where to buy a pair of these Abyss, YO! If only there was a As Seen on HeadFi.com store.

post #306 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

I say there needs to be a battle, but of the headphones.

 

Someone should be researching where to buy a pair of these Abyss, YO! If only there was a As Seen on HeadFi.com store.


I think you need to be a blood relative to get onebiggrin.gif

 

Need a Head Fi Visa card to go with that store ideawink.gif

post #307 of 547

Trade a kidney or something for a pairrolleyes.gif Headfi organ trade

post #308 of 547
Thread Starter 
Or start getting paid for sperm donation.
post #309 of 547
post #310 of 547

Sounds like they need a more supreme power source and a pair of LCD next to it to compare, but they tried.

 

Seeing the laminated Abyss card there makes me assume that you keep it in your wallet to let people know that you're in the club.

 

I must say that they look kinda unimpressive without the pads.

post #311 of 547
The all aluminum thing is cool, more cans need to be like that. I was expecting platinum plating at 5k though.
post #312 of 547

I wish I could have heard these with the LaU (Cavalli Liquid Gold) when I had it!

post #313 of 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

 

 

I must say that they look kinda unimpressive without the pads.

Same goes for with the pads on. These are amongst the ugliest headphones I've seen.

post #314 of 547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Same goes for with the pads on. These are amongst the ugliest headphones I've seen.

Indeed.
post #315 of 547

Me too but I used to think that about the LCD's until I owned them!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone