Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Philips Citiscape Uptown vs. Creative Aurvana Live!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Philips Citiscape Uptown vs. Creative Aurvana Live!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

Which one is the better one and why? I'm listening to rap/hiphop, so I want a tight punchy bass with good impact. But mids and highs also should sound very clear. I also want really clear vocals.

post #2 of 21

The Uptown is light on bass so you might be disappointed especially if you use it for rap.

post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

The Uptown is light on bass so you might be disappointed especially if you use it for rap.

Alright thanks for your input man. Any experience with the CAL?

post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

Alright thanks for your input man. Any experience with the CAL?

I had a pair a while back. They are pretty good for $70 headphones. I didn't keep mine, I returned them after a week.

post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

I had a pair a while back. They are pretty good for $70 headphones. I didn't keep mine, I returned them after a week.

Why did you return them?

post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

I had a pair a while back. They are pretty good for $70 headphones. I didn't keep mine, I returned them after a week.

Why did you return them?

post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post

Why did you return them?

I got them the same time I got the JVC S500 and S400.

The S500 did everything better. Better bass, better mids, more energy, and yes I listen mostly to rap/hiphop. The CAL! didn't sound bad, it's just that the S500 sounded better. There was no reason for me to keep the CAL! since I already have other headphones that sounds better or similar to them.

 

I'll pick up another pair one day if I can find it for cheap but right now that's not a priority. 

post #8 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

I got them the same time I got the JVC S500 and S400.

The S500 did everything better. Better bass, better mids, more energy, and yes I listen mostly to rap/hiphop. The CAL! didn't sound bad, it's just that the S500 sounded better. There was no reason for me to keep the CAL! since I already have other headphones that sounds better or similar to them.

 

I'll pick up another pair one day if I can find it for cheap but right now that's not a priority. 

What are some good and bad things about the CAL!?

post #9 of 21

I found the CAL! to be overly warm and muddy.  I thought the Uptowns were far better balanced, while still having a good amount of bass (north of neutral, but not overblown, IMO).  If I were to get one again, I'd go with the Uptowns.

post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus View Post

I found the CAL! to be overly warm and muddy.  I thought the Uptowns were far better balanced, while still having a good amount of bass (north of neutral, but not overblown, IMO).  If I were to get one again, I'd go with the Uptowns.

What about instrument separation and vocal clarity? Also, is the bass tight and deep?

post #11 of 21

Bump

Wondering the same

post #12 of 21

Superbump

Wondering the same as well. One of the few things i like on my cal! is the separation or soundstage (i dont know wich exactly to call it but it seems like the sound on the cal!s surround you... for example on the v6's the sound seems like its in your literaly inside your head (in the centre and transitions from left to right and etc sound better on the cal!'s).....

 

Do the uptowns do this as good as the cal!'s or better? I am thinking of getting the uptowns as a replacement to my akg k518dj....

post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post

Superbump

Wondering the same as well. One of the few things i like on my cal! is the separation or soundstage (i dont know wich exactly to call it but it seems like the sound on the cal!s surround you... for example on the v6's the sound seems like its in your literaly inside your head (in the centre and transitions from left to right and etc sound better on the cal!'s).....

 

Do the uptowns do this as good as the cal!'s or better? I am thinking of getting the uptowns as a replacement to my akg k518dj....

Don't know about the CAL!, but the Uptowns have great imaging from what I can remember. Definitely great instrument separation aswell.

post #14 of 21
i guess what i as trying to say i liked on the cal! Was the 3d effect. (3d imaging/placement????) or something like that... Not really sure... XD
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post

i guess what i as trying to say i liked on the cal! Was the 3d effect. (3d imaging/placement????) or something like that... Not really sure... XD

The Uptowns don't have a 3D effect.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Philips Citiscape Uptown vs. Creative Aurvana Live!