After further input from i019791 and fabio-fi I am now looking at the following possibilities: (NOTE: I would still prefer a tube amp!)
- Lake People G109-S (410 Euros) (LINK) [prices change when you change language due to VAT]
- Lake People G109-P (459 Euros) (LINK) [prices change when you change language due to VAT]
- Audio-gd NFB-3.2 (339 Euros) (LINK)
- Audio-gd NFB-5.32 (369 Euros) (LINK)
- Burson Audio Soloist SL (599 Euros) (LINK)
- Schiit Bifrost with USB (449 Euros) (LINK)
- Schiit Lyr (449 Euros) (LINK)
Possible DAC are the Audio-gd & the Bifrost. Which combination of those would be the best? Or are there any other combinations I missed?
I am still leaning towards the Schiit solution because it would give me my tube amp (tube rolling is more than a gimmick) and I have to admit I do dig the looks. Well, I have to sell this stuff to my girlfriend as well. That's a nice weekend trip to London for two right there.
Cross out the G109-P, as the extra xlr inputs will not add to the sound
Replace Audio gd NFB-3.2 with Audio gd NFB-3.33 (they differ significantly - check their specs)
If dac+amp combos are of real interest to you, replace Audio gd NFB-5.32 with Audio gd Compass 2 or Audio gd NFB-10.32