I have two pairs of headphones right now. Modded SR80s and fischer Audio FA-011 (160ohm) i have a portable cmoy 2227 amp that doesnt do well with the fischers. I just found this Sony 5.1 receiver in the trash and seems to be in good working condition. How does a receiver like this compare to a dedicated headphone amp ? am i wasting my time with it ? Seems like people are a lot more gung ho to use a $200-300 headphone amp then something like this that can be had for free or $20 from a goodwill...
- 80 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD — or 80 watts x 5 in surround mode
- 24-bit DSP for 11 modes (including Dolby Digital, DTS, Pro Logic, and Digital Cinema Sound)
- digital inputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 2 audio and 3 A/V (including one 5.1-channel) inputs
- preamp-level subwoofer output