Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Nova N1 and N3 - Volume poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Nova N1 and N3 - Volume poll

Poll Results: Is your Hisoundaudio Nova (N1 or N3) loud enough to drive your headphones comfortably ?

 
  • 42% (8)
    Yes
  • 31% (6)
    No
  • 26% (5)
    It depends what headphones are being used
19 Total Votes  
post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 

After many emails with Jack and firmware updates, my N3 will only drive my DT1350s,ES7  or ES55 if I use Woodoo EQ and even then it is not loud at all (32/32 equivalent to 14/31 on Studio V)

 

I think users should be able to use the player with Flat EQ (USER) , at present this setting will not sufficiently drive any of my headphones.(32/32 = 10/31 on Studio V)

 

I am beginning to think that my N3 my be faulty

 

So it would really help me (and Hisoundaudio) if you could answer

 

I assumed another firmware was coming out to fix this and other issues, now I am not sure it will happen

 

thank you for your help

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2 of 26

+1 to lacking volume.
 

post #3 of 26

I actually liked the lower gain of the original FW. LOL

post #4 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thanks
What ear/headphones are you using ?
post #5 of 26

You're welcome.

OK, for clarification:

DAP: N3

Preset: User

Full: AKG 701, 550, 501, Beyer DT660, 990, Denon D2000, Sennheiser HD600.

IEM: UE700.

All of them must be amped.

The volume is so low at 32, that the auto power off of the Arrow 4G is triggered at some quieter passages (eg. Beethoven Sym. No. 9, Set 3 Adagio molto et cantabile).

I haven't tried the provided IEMs intensively enough to establish an opinion.


Edited by superlychee - 4/19/13 at 12:42am
post #6 of 26

If you updated the N3, there is no way that the ue700 needs to be amped. The rest if those aren't portables. The arrow shutting down means it would also do so with the home kit line out standard of 500mv.

 

I own JH13s, Gr10, ADDIEM, PoPos etc. 

post #7 of 26
On mine volume 1 is loud with my CIEM.
But I have a battery problem, discharge when power is off, 2 hours play time when full
post #8 of 26

@goodvibes

With the latest firmware and preset at user  the ue700 isn't loud enough for the above mentioned track.

Not arguing the full size phones, as Jack hinted, that the Studio will be more appropriate for those.

 

@randomkid

Same with my N3

I wrote Jack about the discharging and he proposed to sent the item back for repairing.
 

post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkid View Post

On mine volume 1 is loud with my CIEM.
But I have a battery problem, discharge when power is off, 2 hours play time when full

do you mean 1/32?

post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlychee View Post

@goodvibes

With the latest firmware and preset at user  the ue700 isn't loud enough for the above mentioned track.

Not arguing the full size phones, as Jack hinted, that the Studio will be more appropriate for those.

 


 

Oh, the EQ setting. I could see that. I only use HiFi or HSA and they have plenty.

post #11 of 26
Yes 1/32
I can't use EQ otherwise it's too loud and it has the firmware updated
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

If you updated the N3, there is no way that the ue700 needs to be amped.

 

I share that thought. I have UE700 as well, it can easily go over 100dB at full blast with Rock EQ. I tested 1kHz test tone generated by Audacity and it can go as high as 111dB with the same setting, leaving my ears ringing afterward actually.

 

Well, maybe it is the track - old classical recording tend to have very low dynamic.

post #13 of 26
Thread Starter 
Beginning to think my N3 is faulty
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

 

I share that thought. I have UE700 as well, it can easily go over 100dB at full blast with Rock EQ. I tested 1kHz test tone generated by Audacity and it can go as high as 111dB with the same setting, leaving my ears ringing afterward actually.

 

Well, maybe it is the track - old classical recording tend to have very low dynamic.

I consider something this size a device for IEMs and it serves it's purpose well, for me anyway.

post #15 of 26

At first I crank to 32  on my N1 (Or 20 something) to get good volume, but after some times of usage I can play it now at 2-4/32 on my Dunu Tai-Chi and some other IEM. I wondered running in will help? But this is not scientific proven though.

Between, I am using N1

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Nova N1 and N3 - Volume poll