Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need Help Buying First Customs: JH16 vs Heir Audio 8.A vs UM Miracle/Merlin vs Westone ES5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Help Buying First Customs: JH16 vs Heir Audio 8.A vs UM Miracle/Merlin vs Westone ES5 - Page 3

post #31 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Costs are usually just the shipping fees there and back for the monitor within 30 days. It normally takes as long as making the monitors the first round. They basically take the your monitors and recreate another one using the materials from your mal-fitted CIEM. Of course, you'd also have to provide new impressions, which could be the root of the problem. And even with perfect impressions/perfect craftsmanship from the company, there is still a risk that it won't fit properly because your ear is a dynamic cavity while the CIEM is static. Silicone CIEMs are more forgiving as they are more pliable in the ear. 

 

I know this might be out of your budget. But FitEar CIEMs have gotten down to some formula where many do not require a refit. I have no idea how they do it, but I know they're strict with the way they want their impressions. Although they are acrylic, some say that they have seal capabilities on par with Silicon CIEMs. But that's a thought for the future. I might travel to Japan to purchase one in the near (1-2 years) future.

 

FitEars are definitely out of my budget haha. If I ever have the pleasure of visiting Japan, I might get myself a pair. I wish more of the companies would provide silicone CIEMs, but I am guessing that is more expensive to do. I still can't decide between the Heir Audio 8.A, JH16s and Merlins :(

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I'm always surprised that the jh13 is left out of these compares. People really under rate it's bass response and the rest is detailed with less etch than most. It does not have that extra mid bass that overly warms the mids but once run it in well enough, the mid bass lines up well in connecting the prodigious low bass to the well balanced mids and top.

 

 

From what I have read, the JH13 don't have as much bass as the JH16, since I really like my bass, it seemed appropriate to choose the JH16.

 

 

 

 

Right now I am confused as to a DAC/AMP combo as well. A HP-P1 or a CLAS R paired with a E12 or something similar, can't have it being too expensive.

post #32 of 63

True enough but it has more low bass than the Miracle and as much as some others. It just doesn't have a bunch of extra midbass.

post #33 of 63
It's really down to JH16 and the 8.A. I've heard that the 8.A is quite a bit better. Something about flowing better. Some say that the JH16 can sound a bit artificial. A Head fier is selling the 8.A with magnus 1 cable for $800.
post #34 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

It's really down to JH16 and the 8.A. I've heard that the 8.A is quite a bit better. Something about flowing better. Some say that the JH16 can sound a bit artificial. A Head fier is selling the 8.A with magnus 1 cable for $800.

If i was a bass lover, i would pounce on that offer.
post #35 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

It's really down to JH16 and the 8.A. I've heard that the 8.A is quite a bit better. Something about flowing better. Some say that the JH16 can sound a bit artificial. A Head fier is selling the 8.A with magnus 1 cable for $800.

 

 

I could not find one with magnus 1 cable, but did contact someone who was willing to sell for $800. At that price the 8.A looks amazing buy. For some reason the Merlin with its dynamic low driver keeps lingering in my head. Oh well, one way or the other I will be making my decision tonight.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post


If i was a bass lover, i would pounce on that offer.

 

 

I also just got the HP-P1, that should be good to drive the 8.A right? I think I am going with the 8.A, although the Merlin keeps nagging me in my head. I have to save up and get a Merlin later I guess.

 

Thanks for all the help.

post #36 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azsamael View Post


I could not find one with magnus 1 cable, but did contact someone who was willing to sell for $800. At that price the 8.A looks amazing buy. For some reason the Merlin with its dynamic low driver keeps lingering in my head. Oh well, one way or the other I will be making my decision tonight.




I also just got the HP-P1, that should be good to drive the 8.A right? I think I am going with the 8.A, although the Merlin keeps nagging me in my head. I have to save up and get a Merlin later I guess.

Thanks for all the help.

Personally, I can't tell the difference between amped and unamped IEMs. They simply don't need that much power to drive them. Then again, i'm sure others have heard this difference. But yea, I don't believe in amping IEMs, including the 8A
post #37 of 63

A friend of mine, toxicdrift is selling them with the Magnus 1 cable for $800. 
Here's a link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/660045/heir-audio-8-a#post_9371054

post #38 of 63

yep yep! they go with the magnus 1 cable (which is already at heir audio) ive mentioned in the post aswell, and ive already paid for freight (55$) so if u want let me know .. as i will haveto ask them to stop shipping it to me! .. and i will also save up on shipping to u. i too listen to electronic music on these, and they sound really good. :)

post #39 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicdrift View Post

yep yep! they go with the magnus 1 cable (which is already at heir audio) ive mentioned in the post aswell, and ive already paid for freight (55$) so if u want let me know .. as i will haveto ask them to stop shipping it to me! .. and i will also save up on shipping to u. i too listen to electronic music on these, and they sound really good. :)

 

 

Can I let you know by tomorrow? I will make a decision by tonight and let you know. Just need to sleep on it.

 

 

Its between the 8.A and the Merlins for now. Both are almost similar in price points.

 

Thanks for all the help provided.

post #40 of 63

all good bro, take ur time

post #41 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azsamael View Post

 

 

Can I let you know by tomorrow? I will make a decision by tonight and let you know. Just need to sleep on it.

 

 

Its between the 8.A and the Merlins for now. Both are almost similar in price points.

 

Thanks for all the help provided.

Really? The Merlins are a lot cheaper and the 8.A are a lot better. 

Toxicdrift, hope you sell your 8.As quickly. It is an amazing deal really, especially when you think about the warranty transfer that Heir offers. 

post #42 of 63

they are sold! :) 

post #43 of 63
Congrats
Edited by lin0003 - 4/25/13 at 11:19pm
post #44 of 63

he didnt buy it bro, someone else did lol sorry for the misunderstanding. redface.gif

post #45 of 63
Oops. Better edit that post.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Need Help Buying First Customs: JH16 vs Heir Audio 8.A vs UM Miracle/Merlin vs Westone ES5