Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › iDevice Jailbreaking Lounge (Guides, Tweaks, Discussion)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iDevice Jailbreaking Lounge (Guides, Tweaks, Discussion)

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hi guys, I own an iPhone 4S and I'm a big fan of jailbreaking and jailbreak tweaks. I just wanted to start this thread for any other fans of jailbreaking.

 

 


iOS 7 is finally able to be jailbroken!

 

iDownloadBlog has a great overview for how to jailbreak an iDevice (I personally have experience with GreenPois0n for iOS 4.2.1 with an iPod Touch 2G MC version and Evasi0n for iOS 6.1.0 to 6.1.2 for iPhone 4S).

http://www.idownloadblog.com/jailbreak/

 

Don't forget to back-up your current SHSH blob so you can roll-back to it if you upgrade the firmware in the future (it's too late to back-up iOS 6.2.2 and below though)!

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

 

Also, just for safety's sake, back-up your data with iTunes' backup feature just in case things go wrong and you need to get your iDevice back to normal.

 

*I am not responsible for any damages done to any iDevices. Jailbreaking itself voids your Apple warranty. Please jailbreak at your own risk*

 

 


My essential jailbreak app of choice would be Activator. Even if you don't use any other jailbreaking tweak, I think Activator is single-handedly one of the most useful tweaks out there for audiophiles who use the default Music application often.

 

With Activator, I have the following configured:

  • Hold up-volume button: skip to next track
  • Hold down-volume button: rewind to start of track/previous track
  • Press up/down-volume buttons at the same time: start/pause music

 

^ With these hotkeys set, it makes in-pocket music controls a breeze to use without having to turn the screen on, and alleviates the problem of having a lack of physical media buttons.

 

 

 

I also have a YouTube video explaining some of the Cydia tweaks I have installed (don't mind my bad videos, hahaha).

 

 

My current iDevice setup (I'll probably take a better photo at a later time):

^ I'm using the Peekly Lockscreen background with the JellyLock unlocker

(setup is iPhone 4S -> FiiO L3 Line-Out Dock -> JDS Labs C5 -> V-MODA Crossfade M-100)

 

 


Some tweaks I like (bold ones are the ones I like the most): *also note that these are all free tweaks; you can't get any cheaper than free :) *

  • Action Menu
  • Activator
  • Airplane SBSettings
  • Black Keyboard
  • BlurriedNCBackground
  • DietBar
  • Doodle Message
  • f.lux
  • Five Icon Dock
  • Five-Column SpringBoard
  • Flashlight
  • Hello Kitty Logo Pack for Zeppelin
  • iBlank
  • JellyLock (Beta)
  • LimboHD [this is a WinterBoard theme]
  • Lockscreen Clock Hide
  • Lockscreen Dim Delay Control
  • LowPowerBanner
  • MapsOpener
  • MultiIconMover
  • No Page Dots
  • NowNewsIsGoodNews
  • Peekly
  • Pink Slider [this is a WinterBoard theme]
  • Purple Battery Lockscreen [this is a WinterBoard theme]
  • SBSettings
  • SwipeSelection
  • Unfold
  • WinterBoard
  • Zeppelin
  • %hook's Law
  • 266 Icons (hd+sd) [this is a WinterBoard theme]

Edited by miceblue - 12/22/13 at 9:15pm
post #2 of 18
These are my favorites

SB settings
IFile
Safari download manager
Winterboard for themes
I can't remember the name of it, but it removes the lockscreen.
Bluff my call
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post

These are my favorites

SB settings
IFile
Safari download manager
Winterboard for themes
I can't remember the name of it, but it removes the lockscreen.
Bluff my call

iFile is another one of those big apps that jailbreakers use to browse/modify the iDevice's internal file structure. I used to use it to tweak system files when it was free back in the days of iOS 4.2.1.

post #4 of 18
With the download manager you can download podcasts videos and music straight into I file. From there you can export then to different apps. I download podcasts from bass drive.com and then load them on to the djay app. From there I chop them up and remix them with my music for gym music.

I like BiteSMS too. When you get a text you'll be able to text back with out ever leaving the app your in.

I classic turns your iPhone/iPod touch into the iPod classic. The controls are also just like the classic

Barrel is fun for different animations when you swipe

Graviboard makes all your icons bounce around
post #5 of 18

Well the best software i have found is redsn0w i am using it since long time and i didn't find anyother software better then this one. You can even now jailbreak iphone 5 with ios 6.1.3/6.1.4 with the use of redsn0w. Read more about redsnow ios 6.1.3 to get information.

 

Really a great software ever to jailbreak iphone.

post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeli718 View Post

Well the best software i have found is redsn0w i am using it since long time and i didn't find anyother software better then this one. You can even now jailbreak iphone 5 with ios 6.1.3/6.1.4 with the use of redsn0w. Read more about redsnow ios 6.1.3 to get information.

 

Really a great software ever to jailbreak iphone.

Hm I just tried Redsn0w for iOS 6.1.3 with my iPhone 4S and it doesn't seem to work.

I did back up my 6.1.2 SHSH blobs though so I can always roll back to that if I want.

Or not, I keep getting a "error (11)."

 


Edited by miceblue - 6/23/13 at 9:26pm
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 

It looks like Apple has officially stopped signing iOS 6.1.3, so it is impossible at this point for iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 users to downgrade back to iOS 6. Unfortunately for me I upgraded to iOS 7 yesterday and I couldn't downgrade back to iOS 6.1.3 using TinyUmbrella. I kept getting the iTunes' Error 11 message.

 

iPhone 4 users can still downgrade only if they backed up their SHSH blobs and use something like iFaith to restore iOS 6.1.3.

post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 


iOS 7 jailbreak is LIVE with the evad3rs' tool!
http://evasi0n.com/
post #9 of 18

Can I ask?

I have a verizon iphone 4s, and I want to use another carrier. Yesterday I jailbroke it but I was wondering how to unlock/ the carrier lock? is the activation what I have to bypass? 

post #10 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

Can I ask?


I have a verizon iphone 4s, and I want to use another carrier. Yesterday I jailbroke it but I was wondering how to unlock/ the carrier lock? is the activation what I have to bypass? 
Hm, I'm not too sure about unlocking a phone. I've never tried it before unfortunately. Sorry about that.
post #11 of 18

If anybody read how to do it, please let me know (Can show IMEI to prove it's not blacklisted) :-)

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post
 

If anybody read how to do it, please let me know (Can show IMEI to prove it's not blacklisted) :-)

As far as I know, unlocking can only be done by the carriers. I've heard some sketchier stores will unlock phones for you, but jailbreak doesn't do it.

 

Also, just updated my iPad to 7.0.4 for the jailbreak. Huzzah! Now to wait til after Christmas when Mobile Substrate and a bunch of other stuff finally gets updated.. -_-

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

As far as I know, unlocking can only be done by the carriers. I've heard some sketchier stores will unlock phones for you, but jailbreak doesn't do it.

 

Also, just updated my iPad to 7.0.4 for the jailbreak. Huzzah! Now to wait til after Christmas when Mobile Substrate and a bunch of other stuff finally gets updated.. -_-

 

ultrasn0w (the SIM unlocker) has stopped supporting since mid iPhone 4 and above :-

 

"ultrasn0w is a program created by the iPhone Dev Team which provides an unofficial carrier unlock for jailbroken iPhones. The current supported baseband versions for 3G/3GS for this unlock tool are 4.26.08, 5.11.07, 5.12.01, 5.13.04, and 6.15.00. The only current supported baseband for iPhone 4 GSM is 1.59.00. (The "baseband" version is called the "modem firmware" version in the iPhone Settings app.)

ultrasn0w 1.2.4 (and later) uses the same AT+XAPP command exploit found in the 05.13.04 baseband to update the iPhone 3GS's baseband to version 6.15.00 (found in the iPad 3G)."

 

If you happen to have an old version of iPhone 4 (iOS 4.0.2 with baseband 1.59.00) or older, then you're good. I'm not certain if ultrasn0w is still in development anymore.

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

If you happen to have an old version of iPhone 4 (iOS 4.0.2 with baseband 1.59.00) or older, then you're good. I'm not certain if ultrasn0w is still in development anymore.

I have an iphone 4s (currently my mp3 player) very rarely play games.
I already started checking chinese websites, unfortunately my chinese and google translate can't help all the time. A lot of apps aren't working without mobilesubstrate and some apps still show like the iphone is not jailbroken yet. Adblock doesn't work, appsync 7+ either to give a few examples... 

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post
 

I have an iphone 4s (currently my mp3 player) very rarely play games.
I already started checking chinese websites, unfortunately my chinese and google translate can't help all the time. A lot of apps aren't working without mobilesubstrate and some apps still show like the iphone is not jailbroken yet. Adblock doesn't work, appsync 7+ either to give a few examples... 

 

FYI SIM unlock is different from jailbreaking. Ultrasn0w method of SIM unlocking is a subset of jailbreaking. What are you after? Jailbreaking or SIM unlocking?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › iDevice Jailbreaking Lounge (Guides, Tweaks, Discussion)