I never had a good pair of headphones before, and I just got these in the mail, and listened to them, and WOW, its almost makes you feel like your in a different world, the only other headphones I have ever owned was the apple buds and a pair of Bose IEMs, but wow, i was blown away by how nice these sound.
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Just got my ATH-M50's in the mail, all I have to say is WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congrats on your purchase. The ATH-M50 was one of my very first hi-fi headphones. I had the honor or listening to three walls of headphones at HeadRoom and the ATH-M50 was a suggestion Big Mike made to me. I compared it to so many other headphones and the ATH-M50 always stands out as a very high quality sounding headphone.
They are especially fun when you hear a track that has some seriously low bass in it and your head feels like it is actually rumbling. There exist few headphones that can do that at nominal listening levels.
And now for the bad news . . . now you have a good basis for reading recommendations for other headphones in comparison to the M50s, which may suck you into the hobby of collecting more headphones
- Just got my ATH-M50's in the mail, all I have to say is WOW!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › what should i buy and what is it Audiophile 41 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 3 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50x (Bose QC25) 4 minutes ago
- › UM Unique Melody MENTOR & MIRACLE Universal IEM (WORLDWIDE) 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2