hi everybody. very informative forum! hope i dont sound to negative. here we go... im kinda disappointed with my new HD25-l ll's. the mids are excellent but, the kick drum is lacking. ive also noticed their not loud enough for me going through a zip clip with rockbox. my klipsch over ear cans are very loud through the zip clip. i dont get it. ive been burning in these cans since early wednesday morning. anyways... im impressed enough with the mids to work with these cans. what can i do to get more volume and improve double kick-drum? i listen to mostly metal. kick drum with authority is a must. as much as i hate apple with a passion... im gonna need a larger mp3 player to pair with a portable amp. i need suggestions for a good portable amp that matches well with the HD25's. ive read countless threads of people saying you dont need an amp with these cans. sorry, not going for it. they do. unless all you listen to is classical and accoustic, then no... you dont need one. thanx for any suggestions
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- sennheiser hd25 replacement Last post on 7/19/16 at 2:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) Last post on 1/31/15 at 2:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 25 1 II Last post on 4/29/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- If I like the sound of Senn HD 25-1ii, which iem? Last post on 11/21/14 at 11:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
HD25-1 ll impression....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
is this JDSLABS C5 a good match for the HD25's? or should i just go with a dac like the microstreamer?
He's speaking the truth. If you enjoy sleeping in silence then you do not want tinnitus. I already have it and basically you'll never hear dead silence again and you'll damage your higher frequency hearing if you already haven't. Maxing out a Clip I would assume to be at least 95dB, which would pretty much permanently damage your hearing within hours.
If you really want to though then just get an E11. Bass-boost would remedy some of the kick (while boosting the punch aka mid-bass even more), but the HD25-ii's are known to have punch, not rumble/kick. You can't really alter that aspect of a headphone without internal modding and even then, modding only can remedy it or alter it to certain points, often while making other aspects of the headphone sound worse.
If you max the E11 out though, you will either be going deaf (figuratively, but pretty close to deaf) within a few months and won't ever be hearing music again or you'll blow out the HD25-ii's drivers before then.
And don't be anal / ungrateful. People recommend what's good for the long term and what is good for your health. If you don't appreciate that on an audiophile forum (where pretty much the entire population of the forum consists of adults), find another. If you really want to damage your hearing, then go right on ahead, but I wouldn't doubt that you'd regret it. I already do and I'm only 17. I can only hear up to 12kHz rather than ~19.5kHz now, aka I can't hear some frequencies of the crickets chirping nor certain aspects of songs. Sometimes the crickets get blocked out my tinnitus when it's dead silent because it's that loud / attention-grabbing. Mosquito's buzzing sound has been long gone and I liked that so I can find where the hell they are and kill them when they're in my house.
And really, you won't need an amp unless your sole purpose is to drive them to deafening levels (to the point where people around you can hear your music, even though it is a closed headphone. That is beyond deafening). Sound quality won't change at all (unless you have like superhuman hearing, and even then, I doubt there would be much of a change if any).
Here's a dB chart.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 4/14/13 at 4:46pm
Not enough bass impact? They've got a lot and plenty with a Fiio E11, bass boost at 2, volume at 2 (slightly less in order to not screw with your hearing).
The HD25-II are lacking in 'oomph' without an amp, in my opinion. With my ipod classic, the bass is barely present.
The hd25 II 1 are not so good for metal, and are overhyped here.
Try an other headphone that match better your taste.
Although they don't have the mid bass emphasis of the hd25
I thought that the srh940 are great for metal (now beware of built quality).
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 4/15/13 at 6:32am
T50p has more than HD25, M80 has a bit more than either if he doesn't care for the reduced isolation.
Edited by Mad Max - 4/15/13 at 6:58am
I didn't wan't to be an ass, but it sounded like you needed it. With an amp you mostly will get a fuller, more controlled sound. But for the ooomph you should audition other headsets maybe to compare for yourself. They need to be bigger, basically. Well, in my humble experience that has proven to be true.
- HD25-1 ll impression....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › Intona High Speed USB Isolator 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Playstation 4 Pro is Out! 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear