hi everybody. very informative forum! hope i dont sound to negative. here we go... im kinda disappointed with my new HD25-l ll's. the mids are excellent but, the kick drum is lacking. ive also noticed their not loud enough for me going through a zip clip with rockbox. my klipsch over ear cans are very loud through the zip clip. i dont get it. ive been burning in these cans since early wednesday morning. anyways... im impressed enough with the mids to work with these cans. what can i do to get more volume and improve double kick-drum? i listen to mostly metal. kick drum with authority is a must. as much as i hate apple with a passion... im gonna need a larger mp3 player to pair with a portable amp. i need suggestions for a good portable amp that matches well with the HD25's. ive read countless threads of people saying you dont need an amp with these cans. sorry, not going for it. they do. unless all you listen to is classical and accoustic, then no... you dont need one. thanx for any suggestions
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/14/13
Related Forum Threads
- sennheiser hd25 replacement Last post on 7/19/16 at 2:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) Last post on 1/31/15 at 2:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 25 1 II Last post on 4/29/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- If I like the sound of Senn HD 25-1ii, which iem? Last post on 11/21/14 at 11:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
HD25-1 ll impression....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
is this JDSLABS C5 a good match for the HD25's? or should i just go with a dac like the microstreamer?
He's speaking the truth. If you enjoy sleeping in silence then you do not want tinnitus. I already have it and basically you'll never hear dead silence again and you'll damage your higher frequency hearing if you already haven't. Maxing out a Clip I would assume to be at least 95dB, which would pretty much permanently damage your hearing within hours.
If you really want to though then just get an E11. Bass-boost would remedy some of the kick (while boosting the punch aka mid-bass even more), but the HD25-ii's are known to have punch, not rumble/kick. You can't really alter that aspect of a headphone without internal modding and even then, modding only can remedy it or alter it to certain points, often while making other aspects of the headphone sound worse.
If you max the E11 out though, you will either be going deaf (figuratively, but pretty close to deaf) within a few months and won't ever be hearing music again or you'll blow out the HD25-ii's drivers before then.
And don't be anal / ungrateful. People recommend what's good for the long term and what is good for your health. If you don't appreciate that on an audiophile forum (where pretty much the entire population of the forum consists of adults), find another. If you really want to damage your hearing, then go right on ahead, but I wouldn't doubt that you'd regret it. I already do and I'm only 17. I can only hear up to 12kHz rather than ~19.5kHz now, aka I can't hear some frequencies of the crickets chirping nor certain aspects of songs. Sometimes the crickets get blocked out my tinnitus when it's dead silent because it's that loud / attention-grabbing. Mosquito's buzzing sound has been long gone and I liked that so I can find where the hell they are and kill them when they're in my house.
And really, you won't need an amp unless your sole purpose is to drive them to deafening levels (to the point where people around you can hear your music, even though it is a closed headphone. That is beyond deafening). Sound quality won't change at all (unless you have like superhuman hearing, and even then, I doubt there would be much of a change if any).
Here's a dB chart.
Edited by AyeVeeN - 4/14/13 at 4:46pm
Not enough bass impact? They've got a lot and plenty with a Fiio E11, bass boost at 2, volume at 2 (slightly less in order to not screw with your hearing).
The HD25-II are lacking in 'oomph' without an amp, in my opinion. With my ipod classic, the bass is barely present.
The hd25 II 1 are not so good for metal, and are overhyped here.
Try an other headphone that match better your taste.
Although they don't have the mid bass emphasis of the hd25
I thought that the srh940 are great for metal (now beware of built quality).
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 4/15/13 at 6:32am
T50p has more than HD25, M80 has a bit more than either if he doesn't care for the reduced isolation.
Edited by Mad Max - 4/15/13 at 6:58am
I didn't wan't to be an ass, but it sounded like you needed it. With an amp you mostly will get a fuller, more controlled sound. But for the ooomph you should audition other headsets maybe to compare for yourself. They need to be bigger, basically. Well, in my humble experience that has proven to be true.
- HD25-1 ll impression....
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Recommended Headphones for Gaming? 47 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia vs. HIFIMAN HE1000 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears - Introducing "ARTHUR" , [USA & Europe... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...