Another Price Drop! Balanced DAC, Transport, and Pre in one! Shipping and PayPal included!
Will Ship To: Anywhere
Update: it appears that this unit is quite popular in the UK, but that people here in the US are less familiar with the maker. So, it appears to me that I will have to sell this for fewer $ than anticipated to ship it overseas or to turn some heads here in the US! I'll first try a US sale. Lowered to $850 $830 $810 $790, including insured shipping and paypal fees. Please, let me know if you have any questions at all.
I am selling my Audiolab 8200CDQ DAC, CD player, and preamp combo. This has been the most enjoyable sub $2k DAC/CD/Preamp combo I have ever heard, but I have been getting out of the Audiophile hobby after years of fun listening and am selling off my equipment.
After months of research I purchased this new roughly 1 year ago from the only US distributor on this UK based product: Clear Sounds Audio on Long Island, New York. Outstanding customer service from Neal at Clear Sounds, by the way.
The chip used is the ESS Sabre 9018, the same used in headroom's UDAC amongst others.
Also, in part due to the ample power of the unit, the internal headphone amp (1/4 inch output on front of unit) was more than sufficient to my ears to power my Beyerdynamic T1 headphones directly.
The strong points of the DAC/CD/Pre combo are as follows (from Audiolab website)
• 32-bit/84.672MHz oversampled/upsampled, 512 element, multibit array DAC (four DACs per channel)
• 1920x oversampling with 44.1kHz source from CD/USB
• Asychronous USB supporting 24-bit/96kHz with driverless remote control of PC/Mac media player (via HID support)
• 2x 24-bit/192kHz coaxial S/PDIF digital inputs
• 2x 96kHz optical digital inputs
• 3x 2Vrms analogue line-level inputs
• Low jitter optical and coxial S/PDIF outputs
• Selectable analogue or digital preamplifier mode
• High-current, single-ended and *balanced*, discreet Class A output stage
• High-performance, direct-coupled, discrete Class A headphone amplifier
• Custom CD servo design – with ultra-low-noise PSU for OPU
• Full remote control and external remote I/O loop
• 34 regulated power supply rails
• 14 ultra-low-noise discrete regulators
• User-selectable digital filter settings – software upggradeable via USB port
• Master clock jitter less than 3psec short term
• Top-quality component parts used throughout, including: ultra-low-ESR capacitors; high-tolerance polypropylene film/foil capacitors; ultra-stable, very-low-VCR 0.1% MELF SMD resistors; four-layer PCB
Here is a glowing review from 6 moons audio, with pictures of guts as well:
This is the last major piece of equipment I have been holding out on selling due to how darn good it sounds. Ultra resolving, but incredible tone. Also, the digital filters as mentioned in the 6moons audio review are really neat.
And in case you missed it from the 3rd bullet point from above, this unit is capable of playing your high-res 24-bit/96kHz music files *through USB*! (Which I have tried with my HDtracks downloads; it works perfectly!)
Included as pictured are the unit, the remote, and the original factory shipping container. The display still has the protective plastic adhered (you of course may remove it if you like!).
The unit is $1600+ new. I am looking to sell for $975 $850 $830 $790, including both insured shipping in the US, and Paypal fees.
I am a verified, Premier paypal member. I have 100% feedback on head-fi, both in the current and “old” style feedback (link in my signature). Feedback on Amazon and ebay is 100% as well both as buyer and seller. (A1joe507 on Amazon and JoeConerty on ebay)
Please, let me know if you have any questions at all. Priority on the sale goes to order in which people PM me.
Edited by a1joe507 - 11/2/13 at 9:17am