What's going to be your next audio gear purchase Chris?
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 4/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations Last post on Today at 11:07 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Obtained desired dac/amp/headphone chain, am CLUELESS about sound settings, audio players,... Last post on 12/1/13 at 2:29pm in Computer Audio
- Looking for Schiit MJOLNIR Last post on 11/29/13 at 2:50pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-2 rev. 2 Bamboo, Schiit Mjolnir AMP and Schiit Gungnir DAC - *MINT* Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:23pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-2 rev. 2 Bamboo, Schiit Mjolnir AMP and Schiit Gungnir DAC - *MINT* Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
For Sale: Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm not buying into audio for a while. The LCD-2 honestly didn't scale as well as I had hoped with the Schit stuff, it's the headphones limitation, it's still easily the best amp I've heard thus far.
I'm going to buy another HD800 and then get the SAME stack later honestly.
Schiit makes dac/amp buying easy with their tiered approach, the customer service is great, Jason is probably one of the coolest and easiest people to talk to in the industry, and he knows his stuff. What other company does that now except for HeadRoom? They have an amp for everybody and they stand behind every product in their line as the best value for the money that they could put out.
Lets be honest most of us are not electrical engineers, I have a few more credentials than a lot of people since I come from an engineering background, so we have to rely on how the vendors sell their product otherwise we'd be bombarded with numbers and figures. Schiit products generally don't have very much marketing hype to them IMO, hell their product pages are basically answered in a FAQ style format. They totally refuse to answer this vs other brand questions as well.
Completely unsolicited but I've honestly owned like their entire lineup (there was a period where I didn't post on Head-Fi for a few months) and everything I've had pretty much was the bomb.
Anyway rant over, if I buy more audio gear, it's going to say Schiit on it, end of story :)
But in case I decide to make a butt ton of money overnight, I could go with Ray Samuels as well. Nice guy to deal with, #1 in my books but his stuff is pretty expensive since it's kind of designer audio.
True. The LCD2's heavily dampened ortho drivers is what really holds them back but there is no eq or mods that can bring there sound presentation out to the open more. Might give mine a shot with driving them on some speaker taps of a power amp see how well the sound is. Anyway don't want to turn this into a discussion board. Good luck with your future purchases. And ya RS' line of gear is nice, just the chassis and design though can't comment on the sound.
Meahrghhh!!!! Can't believe I missed out on this deal!!
Genuine deal of the century!
Note to self; Must spend even more time than I already do, trawling through the for sale forums
- Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... 8 seconds ago
- › FiiO newsflash: James’ latest firmware update cures cancer (we hope) 44 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 1 minute ago
- › Etymotic Er4p 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE530PTH Sound Isolating Earphones with Push-To-Hear Control... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 - As New with 32Gb 3 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe