What's going to be your next audio gear purchase Chris?
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 4/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- RFI and hum with Schiit Mjolinir and AK240 Balanced Last post on 6/7/14 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How does the schiit mjolner sound as a preamp, help me out Last post on 4/29/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Mjolnir question. Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Any substitutes for the Schiit Mjolnir? Last post on 4/21/14 at 6:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
For Sale: Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not buying into audio for a while. The LCD-2 honestly didn't scale as well as I had hoped with the Schit stuff, it's the headphones limitation, it's still easily the best amp I've heard thus far.
I'm going to buy another HD800 and then get the SAME stack later honestly.
Schiit makes dac/amp buying easy with their tiered approach, the customer service is great, Jason is probably one of the coolest and easiest people to talk to in the industry, and he knows his stuff. What other company does that now except for HeadRoom? They have an amp for everybody and they stand behind every product in their line as the best value for the money that they could put out.
Lets be honest most of us are not electrical engineers, I have a few more credentials than a lot of people since I come from an engineering background, so we have to rely on how the vendors sell their product otherwise we'd be bombarded with numbers and figures. Schiit products generally don't have very much marketing hype to them IMO, hell their product pages are basically answered in a FAQ style format. They totally refuse to answer this vs other brand questions as well.
Completely unsolicited but I've honestly owned like their entire lineup (there was a period where I didn't post on Head-Fi for a few months) and everything I've had pretty much was the bomb.
Anyway rant over, if I buy more audio gear, it's going to say Schiit on it, end of story :)
But in case I decide to make a butt ton of money overnight, I could go with Ray Samuels as well. Nice guy to deal with, #1 in my books but his stuff is pretty expensive since it's kind of designer audio.
True. The LCD2's heavily dampened ortho drivers is what really holds them back but there is no eq or mods that can bring there sound presentation out to the open more. Might give mine a shot with driving them on some speaker taps of a power amp see how well the sound is. Anyway don't want to turn this into a discussion board. Good luck with your future purchases. And ya RS' line of gear is nice, just the chassis and design though can't comment on the sound.
Meahrghhh!!!! Can't believe I missed out on this deal!!
Genuine deal of the century!
Note to self; Must spend even more time than I already do, trawling through the for sale forums
- Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 6 seconds ago
- › Help deciding on which headphones to try 17 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › The voodoo-less cable thread. Reasonable cable vendors and reviews. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Amp and DAC? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)