What's going to be your next audio gear purchase Chris?
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 4/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- RFI and hum with Schiit Mjolinir and AK240 Balanced Last post on 6/7/14 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How does the schiit mjolner sound as a preamp, help me out Last post on 4/29/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Mjolnir question. Last post on 4/29/14 at 6:48am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Any substitutes for the Schiit Mjolnir? Last post on 4/21/14 at 6:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
For Sale: Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not buying into audio for a while. The LCD-2 honestly didn't scale as well as I had hoped with the Schit stuff, it's the headphones limitation, it's still easily the best amp I've heard thus far.
I'm going to buy another HD800 and then get the SAME stack later honestly.
Schiit makes dac/amp buying easy with their tiered approach, the customer service is great, Jason is probably one of the coolest and easiest people to talk to in the industry, and he knows his stuff. What other company does that now except for HeadRoom? They have an amp for everybody and they stand behind every product in their line as the best value for the money that they could put out.
Lets be honest most of us are not electrical engineers, I have a few more credentials than a lot of people since I come from an engineering background, so we have to rely on how the vendors sell their product otherwise we'd be bombarded with numbers and figures. Schiit products generally don't have very much marketing hype to them IMO, hell their product pages are basically answered in a FAQ style format. They totally refuse to answer this vs other brand questions as well.
Completely unsolicited but I've honestly owned like their entire lineup (there was a period where I didn't post on Head-Fi for a few months) and everything I've had pretty much was the bomb.
Anyway rant over, if I buy more audio gear, it's going to say Schiit on it, end of story :)
But in case I decide to make a butt ton of money overnight, I could go with Ray Samuels as well. Nice guy to deal with, #1 in my books but his stuff is pretty expensive since it's kind of designer audio.
True. The LCD2's heavily dampened ortho drivers is what really holds them back but there is no eq or mods that can bring there sound presentation out to the open more. Might give mine a shot with driving them on some speaker taps of a power amp see how well the sound is. Anyway don't want to turn this into a discussion board. Good luck with your future purchases. And ya RS' line of gear is nice, just the chassis and design though can't comment on the sound.
Meahrghhh!!!! Can't believe I missed out on this deal!!
Genuine deal of the century!
Note to self; Must spend even more time than I already do, trawling through the for sale forums
- Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 27 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 48 seconds ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Daniel Lanois Accounces New Uprise.FM Streaming Service 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)