What's going to be your next audio gear purchase Chris?
- productSchiit Mjolnirtagged by System, 4/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Mjolnir Vs Little Dot MK6 VI+ Last post on 2/12/15 at 3:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which would you choose? Last post on 8/30/14 at 4:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- RFI and hum with Schiit Mjolinir and AK240 Balanced Last post on 6/7/14 at 2:42pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How does the schiit mjolner sound as a preamp, help me out Last post on 4/29/14 at 5:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 1/21/15 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
For Sale: Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack - Page 2
I'm not buying into audio for a while. The LCD-2 honestly didn't scale as well as I had hoped with the Schit stuff, it's the headphones limitation, it's still easily the best amp I've heard thus far.
I'm going to buy another HD800 and then get the SAME stack later honestly.
Schiit makes dac/amp buying easy with their tiered approach, the customer service is great, Jason is probably one of the coolest and easiest people to talk to in the industry, and he knows his stuff. What other company does that now except for HeadRoom? They have an amp for everybody and they stand behind every product in their line as the best value for the money that they could put out.
Lets be honest most of us are not electrical engineers, I have a few more credentials than a lot of people since I come from an engineering background, so we have to rely on how the vendors sell their product otherwise we'd be bombarded with numbers and figures. Schiit products generally don't have very much marketing hype to them IMO, hell their product pages are basically answered in a FAQ style format. They totally refuse to answer this vs other brand questions as well.
Completely unsolicited but I've honestly owned like their entire lineup (there was a period where I didn't post on Head-Fi for a few months) and everything I've had pretty much was the bomb.
Anyway rant over, if I buy more audio gear, it's going to say Schiit on it, end of story :)
But in case I decide to make a butt ton of money overnight, I could go with Ray Samuels as well. Nice guy to deal with, #1 in my books but his stuff is pretty expensive since it's kind of designer audio.
True. The LCD2's heavily dampened ortho drivers is what really holds them back but there is no eq or mods that can bring there sound presentation out to the open more. Might give mine a shot with driving them on some speaker taps of a power amp see how well the sound is. Anyway don't want to turn this into a discussion board. Good luck with your future purchases. And ya RS' line of gear is nice, just the chassis and design though can't comment on the sound.
Meahrghhh!!!! Can't believe I missed out on this deal!!
Genuine deal of the century!
Note to self; Must spend even more time than I already do, trawling through the for sale forums
- Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 38 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 51 seconds ago
- › DACS Compatible with Synology nas directly with USB 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2