Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Apple-Fi (Mac's, iPhone's, All Thing Apple)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple-Fi (Mac's, iPhone's, All Thing Apple) - Page 3

post #31 of 43
Wow, can't compete with above but:
iPad, 5 iPhones, iPod classic, iPod touch, MacBook Air, MacBook, Mac mini, time capsule, couple of airport expresses. Yeah, fanboy.
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yep, I LOVE the silky smooth gesturing on my Mac.

 

It's HILARIOUS how the majority of Mac users(common folk) don't have it configured in any way shape or form.

 

I have Mac users ooohing and ahhhing when I do my gestures.

 

I have a Magic Mouse and BetterTouchTool installed so I can just tap the mouse instead of clicking it. However, I don't use any gestures, unless scrolling is a gesture. What gestures are worth configuring? I also have the trackpad on my MacBook (which is probably better for gestures than the Magic Mouse), but I don't usually reach over to use it, since I'm using an external display and keyboard too.

post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhobhstr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yep, I LOVE the silky smooth gesturing on my Mac.

 

It's HILARIOUS how the majority of Mac users(common folk) don't have it configured in any way shape or form.

 

I have Mac users ooohing and ahhhing when I do my gestures.

 

I have a Magic Mouse and BetterTouchTool installed so I can just tap the mouse instead of clicking it. However, I don't use any gestures, unless scrolling is a gesture. What gestures are worth configuring? I also have the trackpad on my MacBook (which is probably better for gestures than the Magic Mouse), but I don't usually reach over to use it, since I'm using an external display and keyboard too.

Modifiers + Gesture Action

fn

Single Finger Tap Top Middle

Show Dashboard

fn

Single Finger Bottom Tap Left

Sleep Display

 

Five Finger Tap

Maximize Window

 

Four Finger Click

Center window

 

Five Finger Click

Restore old window size

 

Four Finger Swipe Right

Maximize Window Right

 

Four Finger Swipe Left

Maximize Window Left

 

Three Finger Swipe Up

Home (beginning of the page)

 

Three Finger Swipe Down

End (end of the page)

 

Yeah there's a learning curve, but after a day or two, the gestures feel quite natural believe it or not.


Edited by miceblue - 6/18/13 at 8:59pm
post #34 of 43

Ah, thanks! I just found Maximize Window, Center Window, Restore Old Window Size, Maximize Window Right, and Maximize Window Left in BetterTouchTool. I'll try those out.

 

Edit: I use the keyboard for the other actions. tongue.gif


Edited by vhobhstr - 6/18/13 at 9:11pm
post #35 of 43
Thread Starter 

I use my trackpad's shortcut actions a lot as well.

post #36 of 43

how does everyone feel about iOS 7?  I was disappointed by the visual design of it at first, but I got to play around with it the other day on a friend's phone and it felt natural.  The new gestures/transitions are awesome!  Coming from using an iPhone 4 day in and day out, iOS 7 with an iPhone 5 is as slick as you can get.

post #37 of 43
I can do many of iOS 7's things with a jailbroken iPhone 4S. XD

The people who released the jailbreak for iOS 6 have been testing iOS 7 and they say iOS 7 kills the battery life.
post #38 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I can do many of iOS 7's things with a jailbroken iPhone 4S. XD

The people who released the jailbreak for iOS 6 have been testing iOS 7 and they say iOS 7 kills the battery life.

So  you're telling me that the preview operating system has a power drain?

 

Not exactly surprising, its a dev preview guys.

 

 

I'm quite ready for iOS 7 and will be happy to get my paws on the full launch version.

post #39 of 43

All started with the iPhone 3GS for me. Gone through every upgrade since. Except for this year's 5S. I wouldn't say that it was a disappointing release, but rather one that was very much expected. I don't see a need to upgrade from the 5 unless you absolutely have to have fingerprint tracking technology on your phone.

post #40 of 43
House full of Apple here. Mackbook/Audivarna, Apple TV, iPods and iPhones. Love the AppleTV. Best item from Apple. Have two of them. Use it with a Cambridge DAC Magic and Crack with HD600s. Macbook with a Audioguest Dragonfly. Thought about going the Mac Mini route, but pretty happy with my setups.
post #41 of 43
My very first iDevice was an iPod click wheel in 2004. Since then I have had 38 iDevices for my family of 4, the last being an iPod Classic this week.
post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelai57 View Post

My very first iDevice was an iPod click wheel in 2004. Since then I have had 38 iDevices for my family of 4, the last being an iPod Classic this week.

I still have a clicker iPod:cool:
post #43 of 43

Whoa, I missed this thread apparently. Hello fellow Apple junkies! My wife and I currently have a MBP (Mid-2012), two iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3G, iPad 2, iPad Mini and two Apple TV's. I'm trying to fully convert her. Only her laptop is left. I'd love to get her a Macbook Air to replace her 5 year old mid-range HP laptop. I started using Apples back in 1991, switched to PCs for a long time, then with the release of the iPod I began my gradual return to my Apple roots.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Apple-Fi (Mac's, iPhone's, All Thing Apple)