Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones - Page 4

post #46 of 348

The design looks like a Grado steroids

post #47 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I hope B&O sets the bar higher as I consider the Mikros 90 to be one of the most boring headphones I have heard.

 

Joking, right...confused.gif

post #48 of 348

As I hear the H6 they have a slightly V-shaped signature. But without exagerating the bass and treble too much. I have to admit though that the midrange is just a tiny bit too resessed to my taste. For a portable headphone at this size the clarity and soundstaging is surprisingly good. The weak spot is the bass where it lacks just a little in speed and definition. 

 

Compared to T5p/T70 the H6 are not even close in anyway to compete in resolution or imaging. The T5p/T70 are technically superior in every way and with totally opposite signatures - but also a VERY different target group and purpose I imagine. 


Edited by rasmushorn - 4/11/13 at 11:52pm
post #49 of 348

Another thing that irritates me (and probably will for a lot of other users in here) is that the only cable in the box is a 4-pole cable with remote and mic for iPhone. I would love to have had a 4-pole to 3-pole converter or a cable without microphone. Whenever I use the H6 with any of my portable amplifiers I have to draw the plug out a bit in order not to have it touch the ground/mic and destroy the sound completely. Why does it not have a converter or maybe just a normal cable without the mic? Hmmm.... 

post #50 of 348

deleted

post #51 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy Ears View Post

I've always felt that B&O was high on style and design but low on substance.  But I guess the proof is in the listening.  basshead.gif

 

Hello,

 

You should listen to the beolab 8000 for example (a 20 years old speaker) or the incredible beolab 5...that yes, is expensive but it looks as good as it sounds...  sorry but lots of Hi-end products looks like no designers worked on it. I know that I can have the same sound for half the price but clearly not with the same design and so well built.


Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 4/12/13 at 2:43am
post #52 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

Joking, right...confused.gif


At the risk of you saying my opinion is insane again because it deviates from yours, I am completely serious.  If I could describe the Mikros in one word, it is "blah" due to rolled off highs and anemic bass, like a reverse v-curve.   I would rather own the Monster DNA, Logitech UE6000, B&W P5, Sennheiser Momentum, V-Moda M-100........the list goes on.

 

I expect much more from the B&O, especially based on the asking price.


Edited by Craigster75 - 4/12/13 at 5:18am
post #53 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


At the risk of you saying my opinion is insane again because it deviates from yours, I am completely serious.  If I could describe the Mikros in one word, it is "blah" due to rolled off highs and anemic bass, like a reverse v-curve.   I would rather own the Monster DNA, Logitech UE6000, B&W P5, Sennheiser Momentum, V-Moda M-100........the list goes on.

 

I expect much more from the B&O, especially based on the asking price.

 

I just found your comment odd, because nothing could be further from what I am hearing. The Mikros 90 is fast, clear, open, with very extended highs and natural bass. If anything, the Mikros is a tad too fast and clear. Some might prefer a warmer, more fleshed-out midrange.  I've read three other reviews that dovetail what I hear. What were you listening to them with?

post #54 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I would rather own the Monster DNA, Logitech UE6000, B&W P5, Sennheiser Momentum, V-Moda M-100........the list goes on.

I'm still not understanding where your DNA love is coming from. I understand that you probably have different ears than I do, since I find them to be a muddy mess.

post #55 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I'm still not understanding where your DNA love is coming from. I understand that you probably have different ears than I do, since I find them to be a muddy mess.


It's not a glowing endorsement for the DNA as I would not personally purchase them, it's just that I prefer their overall sound to the Mikros.  The Mikros was more detailed.


Edited by Craigster75 - 4/12/13 at 8:31am
post #56 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

I just found your comment odd, because nothing could be further from what I am hearing. The Mikros 90 is fast, clear, open, with very extended highs and natural bass. If anything, the Mikros is a tad too fast and clear. Some might prefer a warmer, more fleshed-out midrange.  I've read three other reviews that dovetail what I hear. What were you listening to them with?

It was a Best Buy demo through my Iphone, so admittedly not the ideal listening situation, but I did A/B with the P5 and Momentum and preferred both to the Mikros.

post #57 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


At the risk of you saying my opinion is insane again because it deviates from yours, I am completely serious.  If I could describe the Mikros in one word, it is "blah" due to rolled off highs and anemic bass, like a reverse v-curve.   I would rather own the Monster DNA, Logitech UE6000, B&W P5, Sennheiser Momentum, V-Moda M-100........the list goes on.

 

I expect much more from the B&O, especially based on the asking price.


a "bell-curve" tongue_smile.gif

post #58 of 348

The wire for H6 is on the right side only???? Normally wires are on left side! That would be weird!

 

I love B&O, love the design, the home theatre, the A8, the car audios.

 

BUT, BeoPlay stuffs for example the speaker for ipad sound just very very poor!!! I wonder how these two would sound like. I dont like the design of them though.

post #59 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajy317 View Post

The wire for H6 is on the right side only????

Wow, I can't believe I missed that.

That kind of thing really annoys me.

The only other headphone I've ever seen with that wiring was the el cheapo Numark HF-125 'DJ' headphone.

post #60 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajy317 View Post

The wire for H6 is on the right side only???? Normally wires are on left side! That would be weird!

 

I love B&O, love the design, the home theatre, the A8, the car audios.

 

BUT, BeoPlay stuffs for example the speaker for ipad sound just very very poor!!! I wonder how these two would sound like. I dont like the design of them though.

The wire can be plugged in to both sides. There is a 3,5 mm jack plug in each side so you can choose which side suits you best.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones