- 1,201 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: US, Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6tagged by jazzfan, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- B&O Beoplay H2 Portable Last post on 12/22/14 at 5:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vertu V headphones Last post on 9/17/14 at 5:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sale on the B&O H6 Special Edition [200€] Last post on 7/30/14 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- best portable amp for B&O H6 and ipod/iphone Last post on 7/8/14 at 6:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not sure if that's accurate. They use lots of different brands, including JBL, Harbeth, for example. Also, I know that B&W makes some incredible products. their top of the line speakers are outstanding. However, I'm just pointing out that some stodgy audiophiles complain that they are delving farther into the low end and mass consumer markets and over-charging based on their name. It's not my personal opinion, by the way.
I second this. When I was auditioning my P5's, the store had two of their 802D speakers powered by a McIntosh pre and power amp there. When I heard those played at a moderate volume, I, to my ears, heard audio perfection. Too much money for me, though. LOL
I would actually love a pair of their lower-priced 685's for a 2-channel desktop hi-fi rig for my study though.
Edited by iAmCodeMonkey - 7/21/14 at 9:49pm
I have a pair of H6s that will soon be paired with a Oppo HA-1 (in the mail). Eventually ill get a pair of PM-1s for the Oppo, but for now the H6s will be used with with it.
Couple of things to post about B&O in general (and specific to H6s) is that a lot of the value in the product is the design and build quality. Why shouldn't it be? Im always amazed at how little value people put into the design of a product. Saying "X" sounds better at $300 there for "X" is better and the H6 is over priced doesn't make sense to me when "X" looks like Schiit. I've built a premium home theatre, but because its in my home it needs to look as good as it performs, and anything less in a compromise IMO. For me going into audio/video with only considering the way something performs is very narrow and one dimensional, when this hobby is anything but. Ultimately the product is about pleasing the senses, and for me build and design is very much a part of that.
The same thought is brought into purchasing a portable device which in this case was the original intent of my H6s. My shoes have to look as good as they feel or else I'm comprising, and when it comes to headphones looks are VERY few and far between especially in the 500 and less category. I for one think the H6 is bang on for price. Aluminum, lambskin and more then an ounce of thought into how they look? What else compares to that in its price range?
Anyway, that said ill share how they pair up with the HA-1 once its all up and running.
- PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 14 seconds ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 53 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Labs Geek Out 1000 - Aluminum Finish 1 minute ago
- › Budget recommendation thread (w/ tl;dr) 2 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)