- 1,208 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: US, Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6tagged by jazzfan, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- B&O Beoplay H2 Portable Last post on Yesterday at 10:13 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vertu V headphones Last post on 9/17/14 at 5:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sale on the B&O H6 Special Edition [200€] Last post on 7/30/14 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- best portable amp for B&O H6 and ipod/iphone Last post on 7/8/14 at 6:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not sure if that's accurate. They use lots of different brands, including JBL, Harbeth, for example. Also, I know that B&W makes some incredible products. their top of the line speakers are outstanding. However, I'm just pointing out that some stodgy audiophiles complain that they are delving farther into the low end and mass consumer markets and over-charging based on their name. It's not my personal opinion, by the way.
I second this. When I was auditioning my P5's, the store had two of their 802D speakers powered by a McIntosh pre and power amp there. When I heard those played at a moderate volume, I, to my ears, heard audio perfection. Too much money for me, though. LOL
I would actually love a pair of their lower-priced 685's for a 2-channel desktop hi-fi rig for my study though.
Edited by iAmCodeMonkey - 7/21/14 at 9:49pm
I have a pair of H6s that will soon be paired with a Oppo HA-1 (in the mail). Eventually ill get a pair of PM-1s for the Oppo, but for now the H6s will be used with with it.
Couple of things to post about B&O in general (and specific to H6s) is that a lot of the value in the product is the design and build quality. Why shouldn't it be? Im always amazed at how little value people put into the design of a product. Saying "X" sounds better at $300 there for "X" is better and the H6 is over priced doesn't make sense to me when "X" looks like Schiit. I've built a premium home theatre, but because its in my home it needs to look as good as it performs, and anything less in a compromise IMO. For me going into audio/video with only considering the way something performs is very narrow and one dimensional, when this hobby is anything but. Ultimately the product is about pleasing the senses, and for me build and design is very much a part of that.
The same thought is brought into purchasing a portable device which in this case was the original intent of my H6s. My shoes have to look as good as they feel or else I'm comprising, and when it comes to headphones looks are VERY few and far between especially in the 500 and less category. I for one think the H6 is bang on for price. Aluminum, lambskin and more then an ounce of thought into how they look? What else compares to that in its price range?
Anyway, that said ill share how they pair up with the HA-1 once its all up and running.
- PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › I love minidisc - is that weird? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 1 v2.0 great condition and low use 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2