Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones - Page 18

post #256 of 348

Apologies up front as I imagine fans of the H6 are here, but I auditioned these at the Apple store and was immediately struck by, IMO, anemic bass and unnaturally sharp vocals.  I would have listened for a longer period, but found them irritatingly harsh.

post #257 of 348

What were you using to drive them?

post #258 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

What were you using to drive them?


Vamp

post #259 of 348

They are very neutral headphones. Coming from the M-100 or even Momentum they will sound bass light. Their bass quantity is probably on the level of a higher end AKG. Seeing that you're a basshead, they're probably not your cup of tea.

 

I don't know about the harshness though - maybe they needed burn in? The whole sound signature should be pretty delicate.

post #260 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post
 

They are very neutral headphones. Coming from the M-100 or even Momentum they will sound bass light. Their bass quantity is probably on the level of a higher end AKG. Seeing that you're a basshead, they're probably not your cup of tea.

 

I don't know about the harshness though - maybe they needed burn in? The whole sound signature should be pretty delicate.


Different strokes for different folks.  As you said, just not my cup of tea as I am more than satisfied with the M-100.  Perhaps they are better for classical or jazz which are not my preferred genres.

post #261 of 348

Heard that these were just above the level of bass output by the momentums... am looking for a signature that will carry across genres and had hoped this was it but the audio cable is super lame... no using it with an amp going by previous comments and headphonia who should have dissed it really... other posts on here claim the design prevents other cables from being used in its place, B&O are such a large company that i doubt an email from little old me would even get a reply, unlike the support offered by smaller up and coming manufactures.

 

My search for an across genre headphone is steering me toward the NAD HP50 the most ugly ''portable'' headphone in the world :-(

 

**edit: sarcastic quotation marks around, "portable"**


Edited by Goldlion973 - 10/16/13 at 4:51pm
post #262 of 348

... trying to send them an email, you have to register with them, home address and everything just to ask a question. Annoying. Suppose it won't be long before a smart ebayer crafts a cord for it, think its just the jack really, like it extends further into the device than most others... thats going by the images I can get hold of... might visit their store, is one not too far from me.

post #263 of 348

Hmmmmm..... contacting B&O:
 

Quote:

 

However, you can also purchase a cord fitted with a 'non-Apple' remote. The 'non-Apple' remote only has a microphone and a centre button. Contact your retailer for further information

 

Asked about an audio cable and complained about the terrible idea of only supplying an iphone device with the phones, as they are well known in the UK for being an extravagant very upmarket, posh and well to do company I doubt they care much for people spending £300+ on gear that is only made for Apple products and will happily refer their extravagant, very upmarket, posh and well to do customers to a retailer selling another microphone cable for £50 more.

 

Awaiting news on an audio only cable... from a high end audio company .lol.

 

Anyone post a photo of the cable so we can see if it can be modded?

 

**Oh yeah... they're having problems with the supplied bag, it molts onto the inner lining of the headphones or something**

 

GL973


Edited by Goldlion973 - 10/16/13 at 5:53pm
post #264 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldlion973 View Post
 

 

 

My search for an across genre headphone is steering me toward the NAD HP50 the most ugly ''portable'' headphone in the world :-(

 

**edit: sarcastic quotation marks around, "portable"**

NAD HP50 is one of the best multi-genre headphones out right now in this price range.  The B&O just won't cut it for current music where more bass is required.

post #265 of 348
Has anyone seen the new Agave Green colored H6's?!! The leather protective bag looks great too!
post #266 of 348

Does look nice in green... was hoping an amp would bring a bit more grunt to the phones as has been mentioned in this thread... its only the look of the HP50 that puts me off... is now down to the NAD and the B&W P7 which I'm reading up on now... the price drop on the P5 was extreme when the P7's came out, now available for £180 from £250 on ebay... wondering what a bit of time will do to the £330 P7's.

post #267 of 348
I finally got to listen to the H6 at an electronics store where B&O displayed a lot of their products. The H6 sounded magical, bass-light and quite neutral, which I wasn't that much used to. Still, there was no denying that the H6 is going to be my next headphone...not that it'll be possible in the immediate future.
post #268 of 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldlion973 View Post
 

Heard that these were just above the level of bass output by the momentums... am looking for a signature that will carry across genres and had hoped this was it but the audio cable is super lame... no using it with an amp going by previous comments and headphonia who should have dissed it really... other posts on here claim the design prevents other cables from being used in its place, B&O are such a large company that i doubt an email from little old me would even get a reply, unlike the support offered by smaller up and coming manufactures.

 

My search for an across genre headphone is steering me toward the NAD HP50 the most ugly ''portable'' headphone in the world :-(

 

**edit: sarcastic quotation marks around, "portable"**

 

Nope, these have less bass than the Momentums. The bass is very flat and extended but neutral in quantity. What don't you like about the Momentums? And have you considered the M-100? Those have a bit more bass than the Momentum.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldlion973 View Post
 

Hmmmmm..... contacting B&O:
 

 

Asked about an audio cable and complained about the terrible idea of only supplying an iphone device with the phones, as they are well known in the UK for being an extravagant very upmarket, posh and well to do company I doubt they care much for people spending £300+ on gear that is only made for Apple products and will happily refer their extravagant, very upmarket, posh and well to do customers to a retailer selling another microphone cable for £50 more.

 

Awaiting news on an audio only cable... from a high end audio company .lol.

 

Anyone post a photo of the cable so we can see if it can be modded?

 

**Oh yeah... they're having problems with the supplied bag, it molts onto the inner lining of the headphones or something**

 

GL973

 

It's just a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. You can buy them anywhere.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

I finally got to listen to the H6 at an electronics store where B&O displayed a lot of their products. The H6 sounded magical, bass-light and quite neutral, which I wasn't that much used to. Still, there was no denying that the H6 is going to be my next headphone...not that it'll be possible in the immediate future.

 

They indeed have a magical, ethereal, delicate sound to them. I think it's part of the B&O house sound. I haven't heard their home speakers but their car audio sounds the same. And yes their car audio is a bit light on the bass too, at the default EQ settings.

post #269 of 348

So whats with the headphonia review and people claiming to have issues with the cable? :-/

 

M-100's are a fun headphone and don't cover the range I'd like, jazz piano miles davis stuff to Tokimonsta alongside a bit of 13th floor elevators.

 

Need a diverse set of phones :-)

post #270 of 348

Sorry, I meant that the headphones take a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, so you can go to any store and buy a replacement cable that will work with these headphones. I didn't say that there are no issues with the cable that it comes with.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Head-Fi Network & Industry News
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Network & Industry News › PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones