Mine got even smoother after 100 hours. These phones are well worth the money IMO. They are so clean and neutral its amazing. Almost all headphones bump a frequency and it becomes apparent listening to them after you have had the H6's on your ears. bass is weighted when needed and goes deep into the 30hz range. As stated, an amp really makes a difference. Wish the cord was longer......
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6tagged by jazzfan, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Over-Ear headphone recommendation Last post on 5/21/15 at 9:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- B&O Beoplay H2 Portable Last post on 5/19/15 at 10:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vertu V headphones Last post on 9/17/14 at 5:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on 5/13/15 at 4:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sale on the B&O H6 Special Edition [200€] Last post on 7/30/14 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will tell you something. I originally had the beige ones, and I could swear that the black pair on demo had softer pads than the beige...they felt much more soft and comfortable. Might have put the drivers closer to my ears resulting in a warmer sonic signature?
i ordered the H6 in Brown four days before and yesterday evening i sit there with a big smile on my face listening to some Music of Diana Krall and Silje Nergaard...
I could`t explain but i am sure i made the right decicion about buying them.
In the last two weeks i tried about 10 different Headphones but the H6 is the best compromise from all of them
Nice Sound, very good comfort...and the most expencive of all (i`ve listened to)
I ordered also the Grado Headphone Case, which will fit well for the H6 (i hopeso, cause i will get them next week) and the Mission Headphone is completed.
Servus (as we say in Bavaria, means Bye)
Loved the review. These headphones have been begging for a quality review, and it looks like you've done it! Thanks!
Your statements about the bass are very worrying for me.. Maybe I need to give them another test.
Breaking in at 150 hours smooths things out and the bass is a bit deeper as well. They are VERY revealing cans and will expose anything of lesser quality in front of them. My solution for a portable rig is to pair these up with the new fiio e18 when its released. At home the woo just woos me. : )
I wouldn't be worried about the H6's bass unless you are an absolute bass-head. I mean, the H6 is no Audeze LCD-3, but then again, it doesn't cost $2000. The H6 is tuned for clarity and neutrality, not for brain-melting bass. Part of the "problem" ironically, is that they are almost too resolving on the low end. For example: the most recent Jay-Z album sounds somewhat harsh because you can hear exactly how overdriven the bass is on the recording. Lesser headphones mask these problems beneath flabby bass. The H6 reveals the true character of the recording, so you hear the good with the bad. Of course, on well-recorded, well-mastered tracks, the H6 absolutely shines.
Note: when driven by an iPhone, you do get bass from the H6, but you need to crank the volume up above 80% before you feel the bass. By comparison, I'd say the H6' bass is slightly softer, but much more well-defined than that of the Sennheiser Momentum.
I've heard them. They are phenomenal. A rich, liquid sound. IMO, the most pleasing bass of any can I've heard. Very luxurious materials too.
- PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with... 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin Audio is now on Head-FI 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Astell - Home system - AK500N Network audio player - AK500A... 8 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2