My H6 has gotten bit warmer, probably due to the pads breaking in and softening a bit from use. The clamping also has to be fairly secure and snug or the sound is rather lightweight. You can bend the headband in a bit to make sure of this.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6tagged by jazzfan, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Over-Ear headphone recommendation Last post on 5/21/15 at 9:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- B&O Beoplay H2 Portable Last post on 5/19/15 at 10:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vertu V headphones Last post on 9/17/14 at 5:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on Today at 10:51 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sale on the B&O H6 Special Edition [200€] Last post on 7/30/14 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Let's ruin the surprise: I'm buying an Aune B1 the moment the nice folks at Aune Audio show up at my door demanding their demo unit back. I can't stop playing it and there's one huge reason:...
I purchased the XX's about a week ago, so I've had time to fiddle with them for a while. Let's just jump right in with the sound. Unequalized, these sound like you're listening to a set of desktop...
This has been a very unique audio experience for me. I stumbled across an insane deal on this headset, so I though I would give them a swing. Comfort: As an owner of quite large ears, I can say...
PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by KennethRoberts - 7/30/13 at 7:02am
Here's a link to a very detailed review of the BeoPlay H6 on hifiheadphones.co.uk:
A snippet from the review:
Here is a link to his YouTube video review:
Edited by KennethRoberts - 7/29/13 at 11:50pm
How would you compare the H6 to the KEF M500? Which do you prefer?
Not if you keep them away from dirt.
Beagle, what amp are you using to power your BeoPlay H6?
I am using a hand-built custom "PPA" amp. Also a Graham Slee NOVO.
I will do more listening and get back with more comments and findings.
Hi Beagle, in which way is the M500 more neutral than the H6? Do you mean more natural, less bright? In your experience, is there any reason to prefer one over the other (mainly for jazz, classical and acoustic; only for use with my home main system at night)? Thanks!
Hi, first post, noticed nobody else has mentioned this, I bought these as an upgrade form my BOSE headphones, which I mainly use for travel, what I find annoying is they don't come with a hard case, the soft case won't protect them a jot. I'm sure a lot of people who will buy them will be people like me who spend a lot of time on planes, a hard case is essential if you want them to last more than a few trips.
BTW compared to the BOSE and B&W C5 headphones I currently use these are light years ahead in sound quality.
I've been listening to the H6 for the last few hours, it is a unit with a lot of hours on it. I'm using it with a Stoner Acoustics UD100 DAC and a JDSLabs C5.
I do not think this H6 has a V shaped curve as the mids are very well present. Overall I find the the focus to be on the bass and the mids, treble isn't too forward or bright or sharp at all. Bass body and punch is very good, the mids are rather warm and very smooth, I can not call this headphone neutral. It is a more centric sounding unit.
Soundstage is pretty good, nothing exceptional and I find the overall sound can be compared to the Momentum, but the Senn sound was even more relaxed and less centric.
It's better as I expected it to be but I find the price too high for what you get sound wise, there are other and cheaper options. or even slightly more expensive options that give you a lot more.
- PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 seconds ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 1 minute ago
- › Beginner Audiophile and need advice on starting Hardware 1 minute ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 2 minutes ago
- › Several OpAmps - AD473JN - OPA2228P - LHM6643MA - ADA4841 - AD8616 3 minutes ago
- › Need helping choosing a DAP. 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (#8, #7, #6 reviewed, 5... 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by Voyageur
- › Audio Zenith PMx2 Headphone by rschoi75
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)