My H6 has gotten bit warmer, probably due to the pads breaking in and softening a bit from use. The clamping also has to be fairly secure and snug or the sound is rather lightweight. You can bend the headband in a bit to make sure of this.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6tagged by jazzfan, 9/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- B&O Beoplay H2 Portable Last post on 3/7/15 at 6:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vertu V headphones Last post on 9/17/14 at 5:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance? Last post on Yesterday at 5:44 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sale on the B&O H6 Special Edition [200€] Last post on 7/30/14 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- best portable amp for B&O H6 and ipod/iphone Last post on 7/8/14 at 6:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Micro review of the Oppo HA-1: rankings (because the bars to the side for some reason are not representative of the rank I gave) audio quality: 2/5 design: 4/5 quality: 3.5/5 value:...
PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by KennethRoberts - 7/30/13 at 7:02am
Here's a link to a very detailed review of the BeoPlay H6 on hifiheadphones.co.uk:
A snippet from the review:
Here is a link to his YouTube video review:
Edited by KennethRoberts - 7/29/13 at 11:50pm
How would you compare the H6 to the KEF M500? Which do you prefer?
Not if you keep them away from dirt.
Beagle, what amp are you using to power your BeoPlay H6?
I am using a hand-built custom "PPA" amp. Also a Graham Slee NOVO.
I will do more listening and get back with more comments and findings.
Hi Beagle, in which way is the M500 more neutral than the H6? Do you mean more natural, less bright? In your experience, is there any reason to prefer one over the other (mainly for jazz, classical and acoustic; only for use with my home main system at night)? Thanks!
Hi, first post, noticed nobody else has mentioned this, I bought these as an upgrade form my BOSE headphones, which I mainly use for travel, what I find annoying is they don't come with a hard case, the soft case won't protect them a jot. I'm sure a lot of people who will buy them will be people like me who spend a lot of time on planes, a hard case is essential if you want them to last more than a few trips.
BTW compared to the BOSE and B&W C5 headphones I currently use these are light years ahead in sound quality.
I've been listening to the H6 for the last few hours, it is a unit with a lot of hours on it. I'm using it with a Stoner Acoustics UD100 DAC and a JDSLabs C5.
I do not think this H6 has a V shaped curve as the mids are very well present. Overall I find the the focus to be on the bass and the mids, treble isn't too forward or bright or sharp at all. Bass body and punch is very good, the mids are rather warm and very smooth, I can not call this headphone neutral. It is a more centric sounding unit.
Soundstage is pretty good, nothing exceptional and I find the overall sound can be compared to the Momentum, but the Senn sound was even more relaxed and less centric.
It's better as I expected it to be but I find the price too high for what you get sound wise, there are other and cheaper options. or even slightly more expensive options that give you a lot more.
- PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
- › Bamboo Audeze LCD-2's with your choice of pads and cables! 24 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendation for W4 user 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2