Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up an AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC and was curious if it works with idevices like the iPhone 5? Much thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- LOD for iPhone 5? Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Backpacking This Summer. Need Portable AMP/DAC Last post on 7/6/14 at 8:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Does the Onkyo HF Player on iPhone 5s truly output 24-bit/192 kHz? Last post on 5/26/14 at 3:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- The best USB DAC+amp for Audio-Techinca M50 Last post on 5/15/14 at 6:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PC USB Headpone amp/dac for poor person with a laptop and old Senn headphones Last post on 4/26/14 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately, it does not. Only a few DACs licensed by Apple will work with iDevices. There are several threads here listing those that work-I know Fostex makes one. V-Moda also makes one that is built into an iPhone case called the Verza.
A DAC can theoretically be used with iPad using Apple's Camera Connection kit, but only ones that use very little power.
Thanks for your reply bliss53! I actually discovered this myself by accident and was logging on to post my findings when I saw your post! I was able to get the dragonfly 1.2 working with iphone 5 with 2 different usb hubs I had lying around. I'll do some further testing and report back on the other thread you linked ;)
- AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 16 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 37 seconds ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 41 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)