Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up an AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC and was curious if it works with idevices like the iPhone 5? Much thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- LOD for iPhone 5? Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendation for Portable DAC Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Would this b a good start up desktop set up? Last post on 2/8/15 at 8:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately, it does not. Only a few DACs licensed by Apple will work with iDevices. There are several threads here listing those that work-I know Fostex makes one. V-Moda also makes one that is built into an iPhone case called the Verza.
A DAC can theoretically be used with iPad using Apple's Camera Connection kit, but only ones that use very little power.
Thanks for your reply bliss53! I actually discovered this myself by accident and was logging on to post my findings when I saw your post! I was able to get the dragonfly 1.2 working with iphone 5 with 2 different usb hubs I had lying around. I'll do some further testing and report back on the other thread you linked ;)
- AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WTT Like New HD800 for ATH-W3000ANV 5 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 13 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 brand new! 36 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 44 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 46 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 49 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 53 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2