Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up an AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC and was curious if it works with idevices like the iPhone 5? Much thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- LOD for iPhone 5? Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendation for Portable DAC Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Would this b a good start up desktop set up? Last post on 4/3/15 at 3:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately, it does not. Only a few DACs licensed by Apple will work with iDevices. There are several threads here listing those that work-I know Fostex makes one. V-Moda also makes one that is built into an iPhone case called the Verza.
A DAC can theoretically be used with iPad using Apple's Camera Connection kit, but only ones that use very little power.
Thanks for your reply bliss53! I actually discovered this myself by accident and was logging on to post my findings when I saw your post! I was able to get the dragonfly 1.2 working with iphone 5 with 2 different usb hubs I had lying around. I'll do some further testing and report back on the other thread you linked ;)
- AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 22 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 31 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mid-forward in ears with good treble but not a lot of bass... 2 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 7 minutes ago
- › My "all in one" auxiliary input hub replacement? 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)