Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up an AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC and was curious if it works with idevices like the iPhone 5? Much thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- LOD for iPhone 5? Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendation for Portable DAC Last post on 2/9/15 at 6:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Would this b a good start up desktop set up? Last post on 2/8/15 at 8:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately, it does not. Only a few DACs licensed by Apple will work with iDevices. There are several threads here listing those that work-I know Fostex makes one. V-Moda also makes one that is built into an iPhone case called the Verza.
A DAC can theoretically be used with iPad using Apple's Camera Connection kit, but only ones that use very little power.
Thanks for your reply bliss53! I actually discovered this myself by accident and was logging on to post my findings when I saw your post! I was able to get the dragonfly 1.2 working with iphone 5 with 2 different usb hubs I had lying around. I'll do some further testing and report back on the other thread you linked ;)
- AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 seconds ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 43 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 54 seconds ago
- › K701 vs K702 Anniversary vs K601 vs K612 vs K712- Compare to each... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2