Hey guys, I'm thinking of picking up an AudioQuest Dragonfly DAC and was curious if it works with idevices like the iPhone 5? Much thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- LOD for iPhone 5? Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Nocturnal Hybrid IEM and cable Tour. Last post on 12/16/14 at 8:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions needed with my cMoy BB v. 2.02 and iPhone 5s Last post on 7/9/14 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E7 + iPhone 5 = successful? Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Backpacking This Summer. Need Portable AMP/DAC Last post on 7/6/14 at 8:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately, it does not. Only a few DACs licensed by Apple will work with iDevices. There are several threads here listing those that work-I know Fostex makes one. V-Moda also makes one that is built into an iPhone case called the Verza.
A DAC can theoretically be used with iPad using Apple's Camera Connection kit, but only ones that use very little power.
Thanks for your reply bliss53! I actually discovered this myself by accident and was logging on to post my findings when I saw your post! I was able to get the dragonfly 1.2 working with iphone 5 with 2 different usb hubs I had lying around. I'll do some further testing and report back on the other thread you linked ;)
- AudioQuest Dragonfly and iPhone 5?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 17 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 35 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 39 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Auralic Gemini 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)