Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread - Page 53

post #781 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkkzkk32312 View Post

i got it,

but it should only alter sound frequencies not volume,

if it makes enough changes that it creates volume imbalance it is 100% defected.

and why any fabric material/pads can create volume imbalance is beyond me (i'm skeptical),

but it sounds like terrible quality control.

 

Note that my first K702.65 is like 3db off and no way altered frequencies can create this kind of imbalance.

 

I was never saying this is what was causing your issue that you had. . .was just point out that variances in manufacturing can create these issues, and that they are not limited only to variations in the drivers.  Everything that is over your ear can alter/tweak the sound from a headphone. . .whether it be from resonances, reflections, dampening, etc. . .I was simply sharing my personal experience as an specific example of this in general.  Oh, and yes, it was enough to create a perceived imbalance. . .not sure if I can stress that word enough.  Technically, however, I suppose if you were to break it down into various frequency ranges, such as that of an EQ, it was in fact creating an imbalance.  It was something around 1 db (my estimate) of the overall perceived imbalance though. . .so obviously it was easily noticeable.

 

And why is a variation in fabric density creating a difference in sound hard to imagine?

post #782 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze_Blitzkrieg View Post

 

I was never saying this is what was causing your issue that you had. . .was just point out that variances in manufacturing can create these issues, and that they are not limited only to variations in the drivers.  Everything that is over your ear can alter/tweak the sound from a headphone. . .whether it be from resonances, reflections, dampening, etc. . .I was simply sharing my personal experience as an specific example of this in general.  Oh, and yes, it was enough to create a perceived imbalance. . .not sure if I can stress that word enough.  Technically, however, I suppose if you were to break it down into various frequency ranges, such as that of an EQ, it was in fact creating an imbalance.  It was something around 1 db (my estimate) of the overall perceived imbalance though. . .so obviously it was easily noticeable.

 

And why is a variation in fabric density creating a difference in sound hard to imagine?

I think you misunderstand my point here,

what you say about "everything between the driver and our ears" can alter the sound is 100% true.

and i never say variation in fabric cannot create different sound.

 

The only reason i brought up my defected pair as an example is because the imlalance was too serious at the point that it is the drivers that is doing it.

 

some facts:

-Left and Right channel don't reproduce exactly the same frequency responds.

-People want their headphones to be balanced.

-fabric alters the sound

-different sound frequencies responds can make human ear "perceived" as having different volume levels

 

and all I was trying to say is:

-different frequencies responds will never cause too much channel imbalance to the point that its 200% noticeable.

 

so basically I agree with what you said, and you misunderstand my point

post #783 of 3359

www.razordogaudio.com has the K712 arriving today. Coupon code razordogk712 brings it down to $424. http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/akg-k712-pro-open-back-reference-studio-headphone

post #784 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

www.razordogaudio.com has the K712 arriving today. Coupon code razordogk712 brings it down to $424. http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/akg-k712-pro-open-back-reference-studio-headphone

jebus, 424$...

 

now back to my 242$ k702.....

post #785 of 3359
Same price as the K702 Anniversary on their site...

HMMMMMM...

Just like that, they'll be down to under $400 soon enough, just like the Annie.
post #786 of 3359

Has anyone comfirmed that K712 = K702.65 Sound wise?

post #787 of 3359
We have to wait for Hifiguy, who has both, as well as the standard pair (I believe).
post #788 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Same price as the K702 Anniversary on their site...

HMMMMMM...

Just like that, they'll be down to under $400 soon enough, just like the Annie.


Then they'll come out with "new model" when it get too low again. wink.gif

post #789 of 3359

Just purchased the AKG 712 Pro from razordogaudio for $399 no tax and free shipping. Let's go SF Giants! beyersmile.png

post #790 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Just purchased the AKG 712 Pro from razordogaudio for $399 no tax and free shipping. Let's go SF Giants! beyersmile.png

their hd650/600 price is cliche high

 

mine cost each 300ish

post #791 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwerk View Post

their hd650/600 price is cliche high

 

mine cost each 300ish


Did you get yours new from an authorized dealer though?

post #792 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwerk View Post

their hd650/600 price is cliche high

 

mine cost each 300ish

I believe the HD650 is $399 at razordog audio with coupon code razordog20 or razordog100. Code razordog20 works with the K712 Pro. $100 off.

post #793 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbilly View Post


Did you get yours new from an authorized dealer though?

 I only ever buy new headphones, except if I want k501

post #794 of 3359
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

I believe the HD650 is $399 at razordog audio with coupon code razordog20 or razordog100. Code razordog20 works with the K712 Pro. $100 off.

so? history lowest price of hd650 is way lower than 300, new, and who came up with the idea that there are knock off counterfeits-.-

post #795 of 3359

There are no knock off HD580-650's.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread