or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread - Page 48

post #706 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwerk View Post

no i am not. have you even listened with them. m100 is bad for edm. lp1 is their best headphone because they are made by dj for mainly dj at first and are supposed to be best for dj usage. therefore they sound and after I listened to them do actually sound best with edm music.

 

Funny -- but: No.

 

But if you prefer LP1 over the M-100 that explains why you might deny the K7xx their ability to sound good with EDM. Which they do, at least the K702AE (did not try the other variants myself).

post #707 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

The emperor's new bass. The quality is high but not truly exceptional; the quantity is so sorely lacking, as a music producer I was alarmed that whole chunks of songs are simply ignored by the K7**. I use it for critical analysis of vocals and synth tone/texture, but the presentation is so light on bass it simply does not—can not—accurately reproduce music full-range. The spectrum it does cover, sounds great.

 

I have no interest in DJing. I should know better than to look to open-back headphones designed in Austria for bass satisfaction, I have 3000 watts and eight 12" subs, the effect is hard to duplicate—and I don't run 30dB hot, I like nice flat response with huge headroom. My two main cans are going to be the K701 and the HDJ-2000, with a pair of CAL!s for walking around. I like the Pioneer's take on electronic bass.

 

I hope you compared the K70X to studio monitors in acoustic thread room, right?

post #708 of 4646

Whole chunks of songs ignored on the K7**. That's hilarious. Talk about being a bit too over-dramatic!

 

Sure, less pronounced, but "ignored" is just totally ridiculous.

 

Maybe you're using a DT-770 Pro 80 as a reference headphone biggrin.gif

post #709 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

Whole chunks of songs ignored on the K7**. That's hilarious. Talk about being a bit too over-dramatic!

 

Sure, less pronounced, but "ignored" is just totally ridiculous.

 

Maybe you're using a DT-770 Pro 80 as a reference headphone biggrin.gif

If you wish to call it less pronounced because it's measurable, no problemo. Nobody holds it against a speaker if it can't hit the bottom octave—usually the cone moves and a mic can pick something up—the K701s are like a really great pair of bookshelf speakers, that are properly set up in an acoustically treated room. There's a whole world of music out there that the K701s are perfect for, but anything that has lots of deep bass, forget it. 

I don't wish to be dismissive. There was plenty of discussion about how to improve K701 bass reproduction. I'll see about replacing the pads, even though earlier I said I was not going to bother. After five years, the current pads look a bit nappy anyhow.


Edited by imagic - 6/22/13 at 5:06pm
post #710 of 4646

I'm looking for some amazing gaming headphones that do well with music/movies as well. I'm looking to purchase a pair of K702 65th Anniversary headphones but I'm wondering if the K712 Pro is even better. I've searched online but I have yet to find a direct comparison of both.

post #711 of 4646

By the way guys, Is the volume capability of the Annies or K712 improved vs the original k701? 

post #712 of 4646

same shell always, minor changes in sound, is that the "so-called" creation of AKG???!!!

post #713 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by plakat View Post

 

Funny -- but: No.

 

But if you prefer LP1 over the M-100 that explains why you might deny the K7xx their ability to sound good with EDM. Which they do, at least the K702AE (did not try the other variants myself).

i am not denying anything, I am saying lp1 is special, maybe you should spend more time outside stuck to only one headphone that is mainly seeminly nothing but bling-lp1, and sit back relax and immerse yourself in some groovy wacky edgy wobbly basslines, then see if you think they are better for EDM.

 

m100, k70x, or whatever, they are desiged to be more reference sounding, analytical. classical music is undenyable their best trick. I can enjoy edm on ad700, that doesn't mean edm sound best on them. without enhanced bass, you are missing the point of edm. try going to a club to see what real edm is-it's not what edm is ALL about, but it's a vital part that home audiophiles don't get to experience.

post #714 of 4646
removed

Edited by Cristello - 9/5/13 at 10:00am
post #715 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overwerk View Post

i am not denying anything, I am saying lp1 is special, maybe you should spend more time outside stuck to only one headphone that is mainly seeminly nothing but bling-lp1, and sit back relax and immerse yourself in some groovy wacky edgy wobbly basslines, then see if you think they are better for EDM.

m100, k70x, or whatever, they are desiged to be more reference sounding, analytical. classical music is undenyable their best trick. I can enjoy edm on ad700, that doesn't mean edm sound best on them. without enhanced bass, you are missing the point of edm. try going to a club to see what real edm is-it's not what edm is ALL about, but it's a vital part that home audiophiles don't get to experience.

That is absolutely insane to say the M100 is an analytical reference can. It's one of the most colored cans out there for portable bassheads. It excels at EDM in a very big way. I'm not quite sure you're talking from any experience at this point.
Edited by roguegeek - 6/22/13 at 9:29pm
post #716 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristello View Post


sooo... heavy room reflection and massive distortion?

If you mean visceral bone-conduction of sub-sub-bass, then go get an excellent subwoofer. I've heard many a club atmosphere, and most are flooded with diffuse, muddy bass.

Best EDM events I've attended have all been open air (and for good reason)...

Denon D7000 has some visceral sub bass, and it's not muddy in any way. Just saying.
post #717 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post


That is absolutely insane to say the M100 is an analytical reference can. It's one of the most colored cans out there for portable bassheads. It excels at EDM in a very big way. I'm not quite sure you're talking from any experience at this point.

haha, i don't own the m100 anymore, but my memory did not go wild since I say goodbye to them

 

and i didn't say anything like what you quoted

 

i said "desiged to be", without myselfe participating in their advice movement because I was busy

 

jeez


Edited by Overwerk - 6/22/13 at 8:50pm
post #718 of 4646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Denon D7000 has some visceral sub bass, and it's not muddy in any way. Just saying.

attested

post #719 of 4646

removed


Edited by Cristello - 9/5/13 at 10:00am
post #720 of 4646
They aren't designed to be either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread