or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread - Page 44

post #646 of 4642

So is there a definite here whether the annie sounds exactly the same as the k712?

post #647 of 4642

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that I should just be able to get away with putting the Q701 foam rings and Annie pads onto my K701s as opposed to upgrading to the K712 Pros... 

post #648 of 4642

removed


Edited by Cristello - 9/5/13 at 9:59am
post #649 of 4642
Its about 50-100 more usd to get the k712 than a q701 or k702 here in norway. The annie cost alot more to get as I have to order from another country.

When I get the paycheck after the summer I might aswell order to ckeck what all the buzz is about
post #650 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonarfd View Post

Its about 50-100 more usd to get the k712 than a q701 or k702 here in norway. The annie cost alot more to get as I have to order from another country.

When I get the paycheck after the summer I might aswell order to ckeck what all the buzz is about


That's well worth the additional cost over the Q701, IMO.

post #651 of 4642
I actually want a t1 to replace my dt880 and its only 200usd more than a k702. But it always get pushed away to buy cheaper cans. Anyone here who can compare the annie/k712 to a t1?
post #652 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonarfd View Post

I actually want a t1 to replace my dt880 and its only 200usd more than a k702. But it always get pushed away to buy cheaper cans. Anyone here who can compare the annie/k712 to a t1?

 

What a T1 only 200$ more than a standard K702 ???  , usually K702 is 3X cheaper than T1 , something is wrong with norwegian price tongue.gif (or your local dealer i don't know) .

 

By the way :

 

Highs :  T1  has more treble energy but also more transparent and cleaner than K702 ANV (wich seams the same as K712) .

mids : seams more forward and warmer with K702 ANV, but again with T1 they are more transparent .

Bass : T1 has a slightly  more sub bass and impact but not very much (at least with O2)

 

For soundstage T1 is a bit wider , and deeper than K702 ANV , in detail retrivial T1 seams better but's peraphs because of the more prononced treble .

 

Overall for me T1 is a better headphone .


Edited by HaVoC-28 - 6/21/13 at 1:42am
post #653 of 4642
Not here. Most Beyers are cheap here compared to other brands.
post #654 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonarfd View Post

Not here. Most Beyers are cheap here compared to other brands.


Ok ^^ was editing my post tongue.gif

post #655 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonarfd View Post

I actually want a t1 to replace my dt880 and its only 200usd more than a k702. But it always get pushed away to buy cheaper cans. Anyone here who can compare the annie/k712 to a t1?

 

Quick glancing over your profile I noticed you previously owned the DT990, did you like the overall sound of that headphone?

 

IMHO, the "Annie" is a slight tuning difference over the K701/Q701, and definitely not worth the extra cost from a buyer's perspective. 

post #656 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post


That's well worth the additional cost over the Q701, IMO.

 

I dare to oppose. Everything goes down to price difference between Q701 and Annies. In some countries this difference is really huge. What is more - buying Q701 + Annie pads will be almost always cheaper than Annies alone and with identical sonical results. elwappo99 is right - from simple buyer's perspective and goals Annies are not fully justified. Sound differences head to head here are not like day vs night, unfortunately.

post #657 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

Quick glancing over your profile I noticed you previously owned the DT990, did you like the overall sound of that headphone?

 

IMHO, the "Annie" is a slight tuning difference over the K701/Q701, and definitely not worth the extra cost from a buyer's perspective. 

Actually while the dt990 was fun I prefer a more neutral sound, so for me the dt880 was better.  But the overall sound is good, fun for bassy genres like edm, if your like me who want to listen to more than just edm i find the dt 880 better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoC-28 View Post

 

What a T1 only 200$ more than a standard K702 ???  , usually K702 is 3X cheaper than T1 , something is wrong with norwegian price tongue.gif (or your local dealer i don't know) .

 

By the way :

 

Highs :  T1  has more treble energy but also more transparent and cleaner than K702 ANV (wich seams the same as K712) .

mids : seams more forward and warmer with K702 ANV, but again with T1 they are more transparent .

Bass : T1 has a slightly  more sub bass and impact but not very much (at least with O2)

 

For soundstage T1 is a bit wider , and deeper than K702 ANV , in detail retrivial T1 seams better but's peraphs because of the more prononced treble .

 

Overall for me T1 is a better headphone .


Thanks, seems like I should hold my money and wait and but it instead, already like my dt880 alot but want something similar but better so.

post #658 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonarfd View Post

Actually while the dt990 was fun I prefer a more neutral sound, so for me the dt880 was better.  But the overall sound is good, fun for bassy genres like edm, if your like me who want to listen to more than just edm i find the dt 880 better.

 

 

 

Well, having owned the DT990 and DT880, I would say the T1 sounds a little bit between the two, albeit leaning towards the DT990 sound signature. It definitely has the low end kick like the DT990, but it also does have the somewhat bright sound on the top end. 

 

If I were picking for a 200 difference, I'd easily pick the T1 over any headphone AKG currently offers. 

post #659 of 4642
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post


That's well worth the additional cost over the Q701, IMO.

But, you just bought standard k702 pads to use with your k702 Annie. How can you think that the additional cost of 100 dollars plus the cost for the pads can be well worth? Isn't it simpler to just buy q701/k701/k702 and save some money? That I mean from your perspective.

post #660 of 4642
Probably considering the headband's extra comfort is worth some premium over the dreaded bumps (which actually is quite problematic to a lot of people). Headband swapping isn't easy, and will raise the price to Annie levels anyways. AKG did not make it easy to swap things out other than the cable and pads.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread